Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 06:00:17 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Blue Highway
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Blue Highway  (Read 5354 times)
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « on: February 19, 2012, 03:40:17 PM »

I was listening to an interview with Rob Ikes and some great Blue Highway this morning. Was this an old interview on Sirus? I thought they went their own  ways... Sure do like them, they have this strong Traditional feel. Flower
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 03:42:06 PM by landshark » IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
dayton
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

instagram.com/ashevilledayton

URL icon « Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 07:11:45 PM »

Blue Highway is one of our favorites! 
We saw them last year at the Mountain Song Festival and they were definitely a highlight of the weekend for us! Medal
Their vocalist Shawn Lane is stellar too... his solo album 'All For Today' is worth listening to into if your searching for something to add to your collection Landshark...

« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 07:17:49 PM by dayton » IP address Logged

“Life is like music for its own sake. We are living in an eternal now, and when we listen to music we are not listening to the past, we are not listening to the future, we are listening to an expanded present.” ― Alan W. Watts
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 06:17:11 AM »

Blue Highway is one of our favorites! 
We saw them last year at the Mountain Song Festival and they were definitely a highlight of the weekend for us! Medal
Their vocalist Shawn Lane is stellar too... his solo album 'All For Today' is worth listening to into if your searching for something to add to your collection Landshark...

Wave Hi Dayton! I will check it out! But that doesn't answer my question D. Did they split up for a time? I do love them, strong vocals. Kiss LaLaG for me.
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
dayton
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 02:49:39 PM »

I'm not sure if they split up for time or not Shhh (this can be my 'pondering it' emoticon...)
and i'll certainly give lally a big smooch when see i her Wink

Now Playing icon Listening to: decemberists - row jimmy
IP address Logged

“Life is like music for its own sake. We are living in an eternal now, and when we listen to music we are not listening to the past, we are not listening to the future, we are listening to an expanded present.” ― Alan W. Watts
Hot Sugar
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

Camp Run a Muck

URL icon « Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 09:30:23 PM »

Just had to comment here, Dayton. I love the Decemberists' cover of Row Jimmy!!! We played that EP at work for two or three weeks. It's still the only CD we've played that I didn't get sick of by the third day.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Old and in the Way
IP address Logged

"That spells clever not cleaver."
dayton
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 06:52:07 PM »

yeh that EP is great Hot Sugar! Thumbs Up
just found out about it a couple weeks ago... 
maybe we'll get a row jimmy sometime in the future Abduct

Now Playing icon Listening to: netflix
IP address Logged

Hot Sugar
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

Camp Run a Muck

URL icon « Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 09:10:32 PM »

They come through Missoula pretty frequently, since Colin grew up in MT and went to school here. Hopefully I'll get to see them play it at some point. I bet they play it the next time they come to Telluride.
IP address Logged

"That spells clever not cleaver."
Cindy Lou
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 08:10:54 PM »

Hi Dayton,
Are you and Lalagay planning on TBF this year? Miss you two, hope all is good in your neck 'o the woods. :hug
IP address Logged

"The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing. "  (Shunryu Suzuki)
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC