Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 03:32:48 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Camping wristband?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Camping wristband?  (Read 6417 times)
seeeker

Festivation rating 0

URL icon « on: October 03, 2011, 12:11:00 AM »

I read somewhere in the exhaustive and complicated maze of rules about camping that once you arrive at the camping area you get a camping wristband that is permanently affixed to your body which you cannot remove for the entire duration of the event. Is this true? I have to be branded with a hospital-style wristband and I can't take it off for four days? Can't they figure out something better? If this is their only way to deal with whatever problems they had, that's a little stupid and offensive. Just felt like ranting.
IP address Logged
flyfishindave
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 12:59:30 AM »

I read somewhere in the exhaustive and complicated maze of rules about camping that once you arrive at the camping area you get a camping wristband that is permanently affixed to your body which you cannot remove for the entire duration of the event. Is this true? I have to be branded with a hospital-style wristband and I can't take it off for four days? Can't they figure out something better? If this is their only way to deal with whatever problems they had, that's a little stupid and offensive. Just felt like ranting.

This is true, and it's how all festivals manage the process.  I wouldn't get your panties in a bunch over this, pretty harmless wrist bracelet that is color coordinated and helps staff ensure you have paid for camping so that other freeloaders don't reign in on your parade (of camping)

Fiddle :hop

Now Playing icon Listening to: Loser Grateful Dead
IP address Logged

The secret is to surrender to the flow
Hot Sugar
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

Camp Run a Muck

URL icon « Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 02:33:08 PM »

Once it's on, you don't notice it. I didn't take mine off this year until a month or two after festival ended. It really isn't uncomfortable or anything like that.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Leftover Salmon
IP address Logged

"That spells clever not cleaver."
ruffnrocky
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 201

URL icon « Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 02:39:48 PM »

Like Sug said, no big deal on the wrist bands. Its not like its an implanted microchip or a bad tattoo.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Shannon Whitworth - Water Bound
IP address Logged
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 08:05:42 AM »

Gee, I am so sorry that the band was not appropriate for you. In an attempt at crowd control that works well at fest. I love space to move. And if they want to tatoo my fanny it would be ok with me long as it keeps the non ticket holders OUT!

Perhaps we could make you a special hat er somethin, but we would have to superglue it to yer head. Wristbands and hats are nontransferable LOL
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 08:19:35 AM by landshark » IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
Cindy Lou
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 09:10:12 PM »

My friend Jean used to wear hers for a while after the festival was over. She always said, "If I'm paying that much for a bracelet, I'm going to wear it and show it off!"
IP address Logged

"The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing. "  (Shunryu Suzuki)
Hippie
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 01:31:58 PM »

My friend Jean used to wear hers for a while after the festival was over. She always said, "If I'm paying that much for a bracelet, I'm going to wear it and show it off!"

:peace They do make nice souvenirs  Flower
Whenever I feel down and out I go to the kitchen window and look at this:
IP address Logged

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. - Will Rogers
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC