Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 11:43:21 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Telluride Bluegrass Festival (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  What are your best TBF memories?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 44 Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: What are your best TBF memories?  (Read 631436 times)
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #180 on: January 13, 2008, 11:45:58 PM »

Dan, if you get there early enough you can still join in some of the insane pre-fest activities. Hope you can make some of them. Cheers

What they all really want to say, Dan....
Hope your buddy will send some Home Brew with you to Telluride 2008!  LOL

Welcome to the fold, Son!
Auntie Hope  pickin
IP address Logged

InFleckIt! at Hippo Campus
Maineahhh
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Bluegrass makes me happy.

URL icon « Reply #181 on: January 15, 2008, 02:01:26 PM »

you read my mind, Hope . . .  Wink I mean . . .   Rolleyes
IP address Logged

"A lot of the artists collaborate with one another on stage throughout the festival, leaving fans and musicians alike in awe. A bunch of us are old friends, and when we get here we want to band together... Anything goes here, people are ready for any kind of music." Sammy B on TBF
danfromiowa
URL icon « Reply #182 on: January 20, 2008, 04:27:25 AM »

OUTSTANDING IDEA!   Medal

My friend is actually so proud of his brews, he'd probably consider it an honor to send some samples with me.  I'll start working on that right away, as he might go so far as to create a special brew just the for the event.

I'll be arriving around mid-day Tuesday, after visiting Mesa Verde on Monday.  I'll keep my eyes glued to the pre-fest activities thread to find out when you'll all be at places like Smugglers or The Last Dollar Saloon, and I'll definitely look for you there!  With a little luck, I won't show up empty-handed.    Wink

IP address Logged
Maineahhh
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Bluegrass makes me happy.

URL icon « Reply #183 on: January 20, 2008, 03:17:56 PM »

Haaaaaaaaaaaallllellljuuaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh :hop

hehe. We love beer. Can you tell? looking forward to meeting you!
IP address Logged

"A lot of the artists collaborate with one another on stage throughout the festival, leaving fans and musicians alike in awe. A bunch of us are old friends, and when we get here we want to band together... Anything goes here, people are ready for any kind of music." Sammy B on TBF
Sam
Small Member

Festivation rating 120

URL icon « Reply #184 on: January 30, 2008, 09:32:32 AM »

Well Hello everyone, its good to be back!

As most of you know last year was our first at Telluride. The whole trip was an incrediable experience which holds so many wonderful memories that neither of us will ever forget, but here are a few of my favourite moments:

1: Driving into telluride and seeing the famous waterfall for the first time.

2: Being welcomed into Camp Karlos

3: Seeing the House band play for the first time ever, a very special moment for me!

4: Watching the Sam Bush set under the stars with all our new found festivarian friends

5: Being introduced to Tater tots by Brett and Daniela

6: The best memory for me though has to be the love and warmth that was shown to us by all of the wonderfull people we where honored to meet and become friends with while at TBF.

It was the best holiday I have ever had! (except for my honymoon of course)  LOL

Sam's  Wink

Now Playing icon Listening to: Chris Thile - Four Dead Guys Waltz
IP address Logged
gumby

Festivation rating 3

URL icon « Reply #185 on: February 16, 2008, 07:27:22 PM »

Best festival memory is seeing Willie in 99' singing Blue eyes crying in the Rain and it was hailing in my beer, natural ice cubs. Yonder at the Sheridan, throwdown,15 people on stage. And String Cheese with Martin Sexton sittin' in.And being drunk and yelling through a cone at the people sleeping in line for spots the next day at 3:00 am. Can't wait to make some more memories this year including CONE WORK.   Need more Willie at TBF

Now Playing icon Listening to: Krauss/ Plant  CD
IP address Logged
Andi
Kinda digging this festival thing...

Festivation rating 13

URL icon « Reply #186 on: March 06, 2008, 11:44:47 AM »

Last summer I was starstruck when I saw Future Man walking down a sidestreet real casually.  It was extra weird seeing him onstage later that night.  That just added to the wonder I experienced at my first TBF!
IP address Logged
BillyBeru
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

"Good evening, music lovers!"

URL icon « Reply #187 on: March 06, 2008, 11:55:55 AM »

And being drunk and yelling through a cone at the people sleeping in line for spots the next day at 3:00 am. Can't wait to make some more memories this year including CONE WORK.

Yeah, sleeping in the line is not cool. But neither is yelling through a cone at sleepers unless the cone yeller is in line himself (as opposed to walking down the line just yelling at people and then going to sleep).

So which is it - are you just a random yeller or were you also in line yelling people to suck it up and respect the line policy.
IP address Logged

"How many of you have been at the festival all four days?"
Punchy
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

FESTIVAAAAAAL!!!!!

URL icon « Reply #188 on: March 06, 2008, 01:07:27 PM »

Last summer I was starstruck when I saw Future Man walking down a sidestreet real casually.  It was extra weird seeing him onstage later that night.  That just added to the wonder I experienced at my first TBF!

I'm with you on seeing Future Man bouncing around town...saw him late night at the Sheridan and then later in line at the burrito guy.  Just one more thing to add to the magic of my first TBF.

Cheers
IP address Logged

"I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”

They are my friends because ... I forget ... they're just my friends.
JoeyD
Wondering when Small Member status will be achieved.

Festivation rating 10

URL icon « Reply #189 on: April 22, 2008, 04:10:48 AM »

Having Mike Marshall walk by us at the Tiki Hut, me telling him to "slow down, your kicking up the dust" and the watching him do some kind of crazy space  Flyer dance as he boogied through...

Now Playing icon Listening to: the rain
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 07:45:49 AM by JoeyD » IP address Logged
TheLoftisTrio

Festivation rating 1

URL icon « Reply #190 on: April 22, 2008, 07:44:45 PM »

I believe it was the 1994 TBF and they had a Sam Bush look a like contest and I was lucky enough to win the thing at four years of age to get up in front of thousands of festivarians and do a short rendition of Stingray. Not much recollection of the event but I reckon I did ok because on tape Sam Bush himself was bowing to me on stage. This will be our 1st year back since, and can't wait.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Sam Bush-Ballad of Spider John
IP address Logged
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #191 on: April 22, 2008, 08:28:54 PM »

I believe it was the 1994 TBF and they had a Sam Bush look a like contest and I was lucky enough to win the thing at four years of age to get up in front of thousands of festivarians and do a short rendition of Stingray. Not much recollection of the event but I reckon I did ok because on tape Sam Bush himself was bowing to me on stage. This will be our 1st year back since, and can't wait.

Hey Man, where ya from? I had someone, about your age, telling me his memories of TBF as a child, and it included free bananas.  LOL

Auntie Hope  pickin
IP address Logged

InFleckIt! at Hippo Campus
TheLoftisTrio

Festivation rating 1

URL icon « Reply #192 on: April 23, 2008, 07:52:00 AM »

I am from Oklahoma and I just don't remember any bananas but it did snow like crazy that night after being 90 degrees  that day.

Now Playing icon Listening to: My teacher telling me to get to work
IP address Logged
Cindy Lou
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #193 on: April 24, 2008, 04:56:35 PM »

It was actually a Sam Bush air mandolin contest, and I got beat out by this cute little kid because he had a tiny, tiny mandolin!  Sam told me, "Girl you nailed it!" Thumbs Up
But, I'm glad they went with the kid because I was so nervous on the little stage that I don't think I could have gotten up on the Main Stage and recreated the performance. And yes, somewhere in all the dusty photos I have the pics.  My friends Terri and Mary were  there in the audience so they probably remember it from that perspective.
And by the way, I'm from Oklahoma too!
IP address Logged

"The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing. "  (Shunryu Suzuki)
Dewstar
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Come One, Come All, Its FESTIVATION Time!

URL icon « Reply #194 on: May 11, 2008, 10:41:17 PM »

Meeting Sam & Samantha from Great Britain, First timers, friends forever and always welcome everytime they save their pounds and fly 10400 (RT) miles to the TBF.

Sam & Sam, We salute you!

Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers

Wave Thumbs Up Evil Cheers Flower Wink Medal Rolleyes LOL Mad Frown EEK! :) huh
IP address Logged

Dewstar PHX Running for Mayor of Warner Field!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 44 Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC