Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 01:30:03 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Telluride Bluegrass Festival (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  What are your best TBF memories?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 44 Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: What are your best TBF memories?  (Read 631293 times)
thinkHOPE

Festivation rating 0

URL icon « Reply #60 on: March 18, 2007, 01:57:12 PM »

Did somebody say BAGPIPES?  What's that all about???
IP address Logged
Hooch
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

Freak Of The Rainbow Pork Lover

URL icon « Reply #61 on: March 19, 2007, 10:51:26 AM »

Ah, bagpipes....how I love them so.  But don't bring your own bagpipes because they are hard to run with.  Check out the bagpipes topic for more info.

Has everyone checked out all the fan videos from random TBF's on Youtube.com and other video sites?  I love watching vid of tarp runs.  Most people don't understand that tarp running is an art.  Some people have the talent and some don't.  It's not all about speed.  Sure, you need to sprint until you almost (but not quite) puke due to lack of oxygen and over-taxing a hungover body, but you also need the dexterity to dodge/hurdle/climb over/crawl under a wide variety of festival-based road blocks such as: fallen festivarians, wagons, lawn chairs, babies, speaker cables, scaffolding, Kelty shelters, imaginary pink hippos, and tent stakes.  And, while keeping your eye on 'the prize' you have to pre-plan the approach.  You have to understand your tarp and how it unfolds.  And, alternately, your tarp has to trust and respect you.  Being able to skillfully unfolded your tarp with a flick of your wrist in the last 10 yards of your run and guiding it in for a perfect landing can make the difference between having a prime spot for the day or winding up underneath your tarp unconcious with grass stains on your forehead.  A well-placed tarp is a beautiful sight to behold. 

Now Playing icon Listening to: Bela Fleck and the 'Tones
IP address Logged

"There is nothing in the universe more exciting than a piece of bacon."

-Dan Phillips
its1620
Small Member

Festivation rating 13

Beach ball over Telluride at sunset 2005

URL icon « Reply #62 on: March 19, 2007, 11:48:28 AM »

Mine was when Mike Marshall, Chris Thiele, Drew Emmit, and Micheal Kang busted in on our jam session in the MASH Tent one night.....Who ya gonna call? JAM BUSTERS!!! pickin pickin

Now Playing icon Listening to: Little Feat
IP address Logged

God of Thunder & Rock N Roll
Kaptain Karlos
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

2008 TBF Flamingo Slayer

URL icon « Reply #63 on: March 19, 2007, 12:03:25 PM »

Mine was when Mike Marshall, Chris Thiele, Drew Emmit, and Micheal Kang busted in on our jam session in the MASH Tent one night.....Who ya gonna call? JAM BUSTERS!!! pickin pickin

I remember that.  I was layin' in my tent and all I could hear was the roar of the crowd after each picker took the lead.  I was sooo tired that I just stayed in bed and listened.  Boy, now I regret not forcing myself out of the tent and over to the jam.

The Kaptain
IP address Logged
david blair
Small Member

Festivation rating 17

URL icon « Reply #64 on: March 19, 2007, 12:32:26 PM »

1996 on Thursday Barenburg, Douglas, and Meyer with Sam Bush sitting in. The weather was terrible, sleet blowing sideways. During Sam's solo a rainbow formed  up valley, and as everyone cheered Sam played harder, and when Sam played harder another rainbow formed. Two rainbows over the valley was a sight to behold. It was inspiring.

A funny memory is when I was sitting in an outhouse near my tent when I heard some friends calling me; David, where are you? "In here" What are you doing in there? "Camping!"
IP address Logged
its1620
Small Member

Festivation rating 13

URL icon « Reply #65 on: March 20, 2007, 06:58:38 AM »

Another one of my favorite moments was when I was playing bass for King Wilkie a few years ago. We had been on the road for a couple of weeks and was on the way home. Well, it just happened that we were going by my then girlfriend's house. So I had them drop me off and within minutes of being there I fell asleep on the sofa. Well the next thing that I knew, I was in Telluride and Sam Bush was on stage singing North Country Fair. It was awesome. I can remember seeing everyone there. But then I awoke to The Peaks of Telluride playing on the stereo. It was a great dream and it felt like I was actually there. I also felt a little sad that I wasn't......Does this count as a favorite memory?...LOL

Now Playing icon Listening to: NPR
IP address Logged

Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #66 on: March 20, 2007, 02:04:09 PM »

uhhhh..... Girlfriends only count if they're real.  LOL

Hope Lin  pickin
IP address Logged

InFleckIt! at Hippo Campus
Debbiefromtucson
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #67 on: March 20, 2007, 09:53:56 PM »

Oh another great memory!!! Last year's Sunday Night Walkabout..... That was a hoot especially when we helped that guy move in.... I think this needs to be an "official" event this year... Actually, we should make it a "progressive walkabout" , like a progressive drinking party..
IP address Logged

Debbie from Tucson
its1620
Small Member

Festivation rating 13

URL icon « Reply #68 on: March 21, 2007, 05:16:27 PM »

Oh another great memory!!! Last year's Sunday Night Walkabout..... That was a hoot especially when we helped that guy move in.... I think this needs to be an "official" event this year... Actually, we should make it a "progressive walkabout" , like a progressive drinking party..

That was a great walkabout  Cheers

Now Playing icon Listening to: the washing machine..maybe I should put some music on..lol
IP address Logged

Monkeygirl
URL icon « Reply #69 on: March 21, 2007, 10:40:43 PM »

It was an awesome walkabout...

Joey?  She might still be your girlfriend if you ever showed up for breakfast!!   Wink

xoxo MG

Now Playing icon Listening to: Redneck Mother (??) - Jerry Jeff Walker
IP address Logged
its1620
Small Member

Festivation rating 13

URL icon « Reply #70 on: March 23, 2007, 07:11:39 AM »

It was an awesome walkabout...

Joey?  She might still be your girlfriend if you ever showed up for breakfast!!   Wink

xoxo MG

OH!!!!!!! That hurt!!!!!!!   Argh  LOL

Now Playing icon Listening to: physchograss
IP address Logged

Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #71 on: March 23, 2007, 08:11:30 AM »

Now Kids... there's a time and place for everything. Let it go and get your Packin' for Telluride started like good girls and boys.  LOL LOL LOL

Love Ya Both,
Auntie Hope
IP address Logged

InFleckIt! at Hippo Campus
Monkeygirl
URL icon « Reply #72 on: March 23, 2007, 08:34:26 AM »

OK, OK...

Joey?  Forgive me?  Puh-leeese!!  Flower

xoxo Monkeygirl  Woo hoo

Now Playing icon Listening to: Sunshine Go Away Today - who sang that? how'd it get on my iPod?
IP address Logged
its1620
Small Member

Festivation rating 13

URL icon « Reply #73 on: March 23, 2007, 11:55:34 AM »

OK, OK...

xoxo Monkeygirl  Woo hoo

Well,hmmmmmm, OK  Lil hombre  Let's do brunch since I can't seem to get up early enough for breakfast or we can just camp out on the steps and that way we'll be there when they open for breakfast.... Wink

Now Playing icon Listening to: Merle Travis
IP address Logged

Monkeygirl
URL icon « Reply #74 on: March 23, 2007, 12:42:14 PM »

OK, OK...

xoxo Monkeygirl  Woo hoo

Well,hmmmmmm, OK  Lil hombre  Let's do brunch since I can't seem to get up early enough for breakfast or we can just camp out on the steps and that way we'll be there when they open for breakfast.... Wink

Paint me there Joey!!  Just let me know where and when!   Flower

xoxo Monkeygirl
IP address Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 44 Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC