Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 08:44:38 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Telluride Bluegrass Festival (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  What are your best TBF memories?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 44 Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: What are your best TBF memories?  (Read 631395 times)
TellurideTom
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 426

URL icon « Reply #150 on: August 09, 2007, 10:36:24 AM »

Without super powers I don't think you're going to cover much ground. Rollin
IP address Logged

Happy Trails....Wave

You can check out my Domain site or follow me on Facebook
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #151 on: August 09, 2007, 10:40:56 AM »

That gives me an idea....

Does anybody have an extra Superman Cape that Dustin can use at Festival next year?
IP address Logged

InFleckIt! at Hippo Campus
TellurideTom
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 426

URL icon « Reply #152 on: August 09, 2007, 10:45:42 AM »

That gives me an idea....

Does anybody have an extra Superman Cape that Dustin can use at Festival next year?

Then he could use the cape as a tarp. LOL
IP address Logged

Happy Trails....Wave

You can check out my Domain site or follow me on Facebook
BluegrassDustin
Administrator
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

Living Life With Delusions Of Banjur

URL icon « Reply #153 on: August 09, 2007, 10:57:03 AM »

well...it looks like comedy hour has started. Rolleyes

Wink

Cheers
IP address Logged

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those
who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Seuss

"An intellectual snob is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture and not think of The Lone Ranger."   -Dan Rather
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #154 on: August 09, 2007, 02:02:02 PM »

Hey...no music and no laughter... you might as well give it up. Remember that!  Thumbs Up
IP address Logged

Erik
Kinda digging this festival thing...

Festivation rating 30

Telluride 07, 08, 09, 10 + Rockygrass 09

URL icon « Reply #155 on: August 24, 2007, 12:36:27 PM »

I just want to thank everyone who made my 1st Telluride experience  the best festival of my life so far (till next year I hope)

Now Playing icon Listening to: Sometymes Why
IP address Logged
Courtney
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Festivarians Frolic Frequently

URL icon « Reply #156 on: November 09, 2007, 06:35:35 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRFa2Ztkzvw&NR=1

Ok, This one made me shed a few tears of anticpated joy.  I don't know if it's because I just love you guys so much or because I'm up at 5:00 am when I could be sleeping in because I have a cold and I went to sleep to early --- no, it's the love.

I love the perspective of a runner - just love it.
IP address Logged

Did I remember to tell you how much I love you guys?
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #157 on: November 09, 2007, 10:09:18 PM »

Complete with a Telluride 360*!!!!!!!  LOL

Thanks for the link and the love Ms. Courtney!

Auntie Hope  pickin
IP address Logged

Doc Mike
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #158 on: November 10, 2007, 09:46:09 AM »

Thank Hooch for that!

All hail Utarpia!
IP address Logged

We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.
~Willy Wonka
Hooch
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

Freak Of The Rainbow Pork Lover

URL icon « Reply #159 on: November 10, 2007, 07:03:29 PM »

Thank Hooch for that!

All hail Utarpia!
It was my camera but I have to give filming credits to Karen (the girl half of the mimosa-wielding teachers from Las Vegas...and soon to be from Colorado Springs).

Hail Utarpia!!!

IP address Logged

"There is nothing in the universe more exciting than a piece of bacon."

-Dan Phillips
FREDSweetfa

Festivation rating 0

URL icon « Reply #160 on: November 27, 2007, 02:16:25 AM »

I've only been to the TBF once, in 2005, after a session of radiotherapy treatment for cancer, which left me weak (unfortunately I couldn't even manage the walk up to Bridal Veil Falls). Getting to Telluride from the UK was an experience in itself - although I'd travelled extensively in the States, never in Colorado. Had a great hotel and walked down to the 'stadium' when I fell to pieces and cried at the sheer beauty of the place coupled with the fact that I had actually made it...and then on came Jorma Kaukonen, whose playing I'd always enjoyed and whose album Blue Country Heart is one of my all time favourites.

It was an awesome set and a magical moment that will stay with me for as long as I'm around

Hoping to get back there again!!!
IP address Logged
JenCC
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 101

URL icon « Reply #161 on: December 06, 2007, 09:40:11 AM »

Well, after much participation on this forum pre-Telluride 2007, I am excited to be back as I prepare (and get excited) for 2008...

I have to say that I had such an amazing first TBF experience this year.  Despite the fact that I had to bump a dude clear across the room with my booty when he was pushing and shoving some of us at the Yonder Mountain nightgrass show.

I have to admit that I can't remember who was on stage, but the hubby and I had been sitting around just chilling and having a good time, when a song came on it seemed everyone in the whole festival knew.  There was this resounding whoosh as EVERYONE stood up and started dancing (those of us who weren't already).  It was almost as if time stopped during the song, and I will continue to kick myself for forgetting who was playing or even what day it was.  No one was buying anything, and everyone who got up to go to the bathroom held on until it was done.  Such a feeling of community, oneness, and just plain happiness.  That feeling has stayed with me all these months, and I just can't wait to get back again.
IP address Logged
Patti

Festivation rating 1

URL icon « Reply #162 on: December 14, 2007, 07:00:25 PM »

What a great question to bring memories flooding back....
in 2005 thinking that the sound sytem was playing Nickel Creek between bands then suddenly realizing they were playing live on the side of the stage and racing over to see them live for the first time.
Sharing the bluegrass experience with my daughters, the oldest who's idea it was to go to TBF and the youngest who loved it so much that it has become our annual trip together.
The Burnett Family Bluegrass Band in the family tent in 05.
Sunday morning 07 when one of the musicians opened the day with this amazing deep long pure note that made me pause and really look around and feel the moment.
The Dougie MacLean Band last year.
Counting Crows talking about making all of their songs bluegrass for the Festival last year.
Watching a family friend in the instrument tent playing with fellow musicians with a look on his face like a kid at Disney World.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Wilco
IP address Logged
BillyBeru
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

"Good evening, music lovers!"

URL icon « Reply #163 on: December 18, 2007, 07:52:22 AM »

Well, after much participation on this forum pre-Telluride 2007, I am excited to be back as I prepare (and get excited) for 2008...

I have to say that I had such an amazing first TBF experience this year.  Despite the fact that I had to bump a dude clear across the room with my booty when he was pushing and shoving some of us at the Yonder Mountain nightgrass show.

I have to admit that I can't remember who was on stage, but the hubby and I had been sitting around just chilling and having a good time, when a song came on it seemed everyone in the whole festival knew.  There was this resounding whoosh as EVERYONE stood up and started dancing (those of us who weren't already).  It was almost as if time stopped during the song, and I will continue to kick myself for forgetting who was playing or even what day it was.  No one was buying anything, and everyone who got up to go to the bathroom held on until it was done.  Such a feeling of community, oneness, and just plain happiness.  That feeling has stayed with me all these months, and I just can't wait to get back again.

Now you got me very curious! Ok, you have ZERO recollection of the artist, song, time of day, day of week, anything??? Sister, I want to party with you!
IP address Logged

"How many of you have been at the festival all four days?"
Maineahhh
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Bluegrass makes me happy.

URL icon « Reply #164 on: December 18, 2007, 09:45:02 AM »

could it have been "riding that bluegrass train" or whatever the title is by the house band??
IP address Logged

"A lot of the artists collaborate with one another on stage throughout the festival, leaving fans and musicians alike in awe. A bunch of us are old friends, and when we get here we want to band together... Anything goes here, people are ready for any kind of music." Sammy B on TBF
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 44 Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC