Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 27, 2024, 01:11:48 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  shortest way
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: shortest way  (Read 9172 times)
Debbiefromtucson
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « on: June 05, 2007, 03:49:11 PM »

The route we normally take to Telluride from Tucson is: through Globe, up the Salt  River Canyon through Showlow, to St. Johns's, up 666 to Cortez and then through Dolores To Telluride... Is this the shortest way? ANyone have another?
IP address Logged

Debbie from Tucson
itsRick
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 04:36:50 PM »

Debbie, That is the shortest route. it's 538 miles.and at the speeds I usualy travel in the truck it should take about 12 hours drive time. does that sound about right?
IP address Logged

Gee WIZ Mr. Kesey, this sure is some swell Kool Aid!
Hippie
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 04:50:08 PM »

The Arizona speed limits being what they are you might check the I-17 corridor to Flagstaff and then up 160 through Tuba City and Kayenta to Cortez.

Phoenix freeways are pain in the ass most any time of day though; but with higher speed limits you might be able to shave the journey to 10 or 11 hours.

The journey through the salt river canyon is truly spectacular,  would choose that solely for the stress relief.

Medal Medal It's not the destination; it's the journey that counts  Medal Medal
IP address Logged

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. - Will Rogers
Debbiefromtucson
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 04:57:34 PM »

The Arizona speed limits being what they are you might check the I-17 corridor to Flagstaff and then up 160 through Tuba City and Kayenta to Cortez.

Phoenix freeways are pain in the ass most any time of day though; but with higher speed limits you might be able to shave the journey to 10 or 11 hours.

Well, we really try and avoid Phoenix ALL the time... There is the traffic issue but more important we are in the HEAT too long... The van we use to pull the camper doesnt have AC......
IP address Logged

Debbie from Tucson
Debbiefromtucson
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 05:00:29 PM »

Debbie, That is the shortest route. it's 538 miles.and at the speeds I usualy travel in the truck it should take about 12 hours drive time. does that sound about right?

Thanks Rick....... I think it's about right although with kids and such it usually takes us a bit longer... Many times we leave at night to avoid the heat... We normally get up to Show Low and then sleep in the Walmart parking lot....LOL.. Then, we head out from there in the AM.. If we do happen to leave in the morning, we can normally get to Cortez, sleep in Walmart lot there, stock up on supplies and then head up to Telluride.....
IP address Logged

Debbie from Tucson
itsRick
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 05:13:47 PM »

I've spent a few nights in the Wal Mart lot in Show low myself. usualy when in Cortez I stay at the little truck stop there.
the route Jerry suggested is 60 miles further and about an hour shorter.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Traffic/ Vagabond Virgin
IP address Logged

Gee WIZ Mr. Kesey, this sure is some swell Kool Aid!
Dewstar
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Come One, Come All, Its FESTIVATION Time!

URL icon « Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 05:12:40 PM »

The journey through the salt river canyon is truly spectacular,  would choose that solely for the stress relief.

Medal Medal It's not the destination; it's the journey that counts  Medal Medal
   And the HOV lane during fat times.
IP address Logged

Dewstar PHX Running for Mayor of Warner Field!
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC