Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 12:32:29 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  OH MY! Hardly Strictly releases their line-up
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: OH MY! Hardly Strictly releases their line-up  (Read 3838 times)
completejohn
Old Timer

Festivation rating 420

Let the fest begin!

URL icon « on: August 06, 2010, 05:13:18 PM »

Hardly Strictly is the FREE (yes, that's correct!) 3-day festival in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park.  They don't sell liquor, but you can bring your own (people come in with KEGS!).  October 1, 2 & 3.  Southwest is having an airfare sale right now (RT from Albq is under $200). 

THE LINE-UP (you might have heard of a couple of these artists):

the subdudes, The Avett Brothers,  Margot Leverett and the Klezmer Mountain Boys, Jonathan Richman, Doc Watson & David Holt, Umphrey's McGee, Dry Branch Fire Squad, Wendy Bird, Moonalice, James McMurtry, Hot Tuna Electric, Nathaniel Rateliff, David Grisman Quintet, Kevin Welch, Kieran Kane & Fats Kaplin, Rosanne Cash, Emmylou Harris, Lucero, Yonder Mountain String Band, David Olney & Sergio Webb, Jackie Greene, The Magnolia Sisters, Fountains of Wayne, Railroad Earth, Randy Newman, Evie Ladin, Blue Highway, The Flatlanders featuring Joe Ely, Jimmie Dale Gilmore & Butch Hancock, Richard Thompson, Laurie Lewis & the Right Hands, Jenny & Johnny featuring Jenny Lewis & Johnathan Rice, Jerry Jeff Walker, Buddy Miller, Justin Townes Earle, Gillian Welch, Patti Smith, Martin Sexton, Robert Earl Keen, Elvis Costello and the Sugarcanes, Peter Rowan Bluegrass Band, Steve Earle and the Dukes, Nick Lowe, Citigrass, T Bone Burnett and Friends, Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings, The Band of Heathens, Hazel Dickens, Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue, Carolyn Wonderland, Ralph Stanley & the Clinch Mountain Boys, The Ebony Hillbillies, The Felice Brothers, The Wronglers, Jon Langford, Earl Scruggs,
The Dukes of September Rhythm Revue featuring Donald Fagen, Michael McDonald & Boz Scaggs, Keller & the Keels, The Del McCoury Band, Mondo Cane, Anderson Family Bluegrass, Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band, Carolina Chocolate Drops,  Holly Golighty and the Brokeoffs, Kelly Willis, Skip Gorman, Indigo Girls, Patty Griffin, Kinky Friedman, Peter Himmelman, Joan Baez, Bonnie Prince Billy & the Cairo Gang, Dave Alvin & the Guilty Women

Not bad, considering the cost...
IP address Logged

There are only THREE things in life...and I forget what they are!
- John Hiatt
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 05:48:15 PM »

What? People come in with kegs? Well, I nev... oh, wait.. I did!  LOL
IP address Logged

InFleckIt! at Hippo Campus
TheBanjomatic
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 02:21:47 PM »

I'm starting to think Hardly Strictly tries to make the lineup list as illegible as possible in order to synthetically limit attendance :-/

[edit] In list form and sorted:

Anderson Family Bluegrass
The Avett Brothers
The Band of Heathens
Blue Highway
Bonnie Prince Billy & the Cairo Gang
Buddy Miller
Carolina Chocolate Drops
Carolyn Wonderland
Citigrass
Conor Oberst
Dave Alvin & the Guilty Women
David Grisman Quintet
David Olney & Sergio Webb
The Del McCoury Band
Doc Watson & David Holt
Dry Branch Fire Squad
The Dukes of September Rhythm Revue featuring Donald Fagen
Earl Scruggs
The Ebony Hillbillies
Elvis Costello and the Sugarcanes
Emmylou Harris
Evie Ladin
The Felice Brothers
The Flatlanders featuring Joe Ely
Fountains of Wayne
Gillian Welch
Hazel Dickens
Holly Golightly and the Brokeoffs
Hot Tuna Electric
Indigo Girls
Jackie Greene
James McMurtry
Jenny & Johnny featuring Jenny Lewis & Johnathan Rice
Jerry Jeff Walker
Jimmie Dale Gilmore & Butch Hancock
Joan Baez
Jon Langford
Jonathan Richman
Justin Townes Earle
Keller & the Keels
Kelly Willis
Kevin Welch
Kieran Kane & Fats Kaplin
Kinky Friedman
Laurie Lewis & the Right Hands
Lucero
The Magnolia Sisters
Margot Leverett and the Klezmer Mountain Boys
Martin Sexton
Michael McDonald & Boz Scaggs
Mondo Cane
Moonalice
Nathaniel Rateliff
Nick Lowe
Patti Smith
Patty Griffin
Peter Himmelman
Peter Rowan Bluegrass Band
Railroad Earth
Ralph Stanley & the Clinch Mountain Boys
Randy Newman
Richard Thompson
Robert Earl Keen
Rosanne Cash
Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings
Skip Gorman
Steve Earle and the Dukes
T Bone Burnett and Friends
the subdudes
Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue
Umphrey's McGee
Wendy Bird
The Wronglers
Yonder Mountain String Band
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 02:29:35 PM by TheBanjomatic » IP address Logged

If a banjo player picks in the woods, and no one is there to hear him.... is he still making an awful lot of noise?
swander99
Old Timer

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 12:46:16 PM »

Wave I went to HSBF 2009 because of the fabulous line-up, and of course to visit San Fran.  Vacation to S.F. was stellar, but the fest is SOO HUUUUGE that I couldn't see all I traveled from MN to hear.  Way too many people for me.  If I lived closer I wouldn't miss it (it's free), but wouldn't recommend anyone plan a vacation FOR it.  Best advice would be to get there EARLY and plant in front of a stage with the most acts you want to see (the main stage area is full early).  Fun was had tho! Cheers

Now Playing icon Listening to: WDVX-Knoxville on-line in MinneApple
IP address Logged

HEEN!
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC