Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 09:12:59 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Festi-circuit cookery gigs?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Festi-circuit cookery gigs?  (Read 3527 times)
cabojeff

Festivation rating 100

URL icon « on: May 13, 2010, 12:44:12 PM »

I recently find myself with the ability to be mobile, and simultaneously in need of employment. I have a friend who toured with an outfit that catered meals for support staff and whatnot, and that sounds like a pretty sweet deal if a guy could work it out. Does anyone have any ideas of whom to get in touch with or where to start looking. I have tons of experience, and am quick and eager to learn new things. I'd be grateful for any advice. Thanks

Now Playing icon Listening to: DGBX
IP address Logged
dayton
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

instagram.com/ashevilledayton

URL icon « Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 09:45:31 AM »

hey cabo
i've seen your post for a while and havent responded yet, sooooo...
if your looking for some festival work, and are traveling or plan to spend some time in west virginia this summer, sunshine daydream in terra alta is awesome and very often willing to provide work for honest and dependable people, especially those that are in your certain position.  i've been working and/or volunteering there for years and have always enjoyed it.  there are festivals usually about once a month april through october or so, and at the barn on the property is rainbows end tavern, where there is a kitchen that needs to be staffed for every festival. 
if you are interested at all, please let me know and i could put you in contact with some good people there.  i was up there last month and the kitchen manager for that festival is a close friend of mine.  and i bet, he's still there too Wink
heres the website or you could send me a pm:
www.sunshinedreams.com
www.ssddwv.com

Now Playing icon Listening to: grateful dead - gimme some lovin
IP address Logged

“Life is like music for its own sake. We are living in an eternal now, and when we listen to music we are not listening to the past, we are not listening to the future, we are listening to an expanded present.” ― Alan W. Watts
cabojeff

Festivation rating 100

URL icon « Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 09:50:44 AM »

Thank you kindly Dayton. That is exactly the kind of thing I am looking for. I'll get in touch if/when I get out there this summer. Thanks again
IP address Logged
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC