Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 07:21:21 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Song School (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Bring a local cover or two...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Bring a local cover or two...  (Read 7407 times)
RobBoston

Festivation rating 10

URL icon « on: April 07, 2010, 01:14:22 PM »

I've been playing Kelly Brightwell's "Rain and the Radio" out here in the Boston area (and people love the song) and it got me thinking.  I'm going to be learning and playing some songs written by friends that don't come to SS.  I think it would be a neat idea for other folks to bring a song from someone they admire in their local area and play it around the song circles. 

Any takers?

-Rob
IP address Logged

Trying to balance life, work, fatherhood, husbandhood and music on a daily basis...and failing.
GarryR

Festivation rating 0

URL icon « Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 01:24:48 PM »

Hey Rob,
I've done a version of that since I first started coming to SS in '97. I've also recorded songs I first heard in the canyon written by other students who rarely played-out, I call them "Found Songs" and one of my greatest joys is spreading these, would-be unheard gems around to others. Sadly, had to cancel this year,(grab it up quick someone) but look forward to next year. Have a ball and lots o' love to all the forum readers.    Be well, Garry R

Now Playing icon Listening to: Banker and Bill Nash---y'all ain't right!
IP address Logged

Found my pants....lost my butt
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC