Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:34:33 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  To Dance or not to Dance?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: To Dance or not to Dance?  (Read 20746 times)
Garry
Wondering when Small Member status will be achieved.

Festivation rating 65

Why is this man happy?

URL icon « Reply #15 on: July 30, 2009, 07:24:40 PM »

There must be times you care about others feelings and times you don't. You have to pick where to take your stand. There was no way we were going to sit for Yonder, even though we may be getting older. Thanks for dancing.
IP address Logged
Cindy Lou
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #16 on: July 31, 2009, 10:06:07 AM »

There must be times you care about others feelings and times you don't. You have to pick where to take your stand. There was no way we were going to sit for Yonder, even though we may be getting older. Thanks for dancing.

So true Garry.  When you get to be OUR age, and you've lost friends far too soon, and some of those surrounding you have almost been lost to you too, to be able to be up dancing with them, having them here with you,  instead of crying because they're no longer here, is just something these youngin's will figure out when they too know what it is like to lose them.  To have you there, healthy and alive, and Richard, who we almost lost in '06, healthy and alive,was enough to make me cry out of joy to still have you here to dance with.  And because we are ALIVE, we DANCE to celebrate and show our joy for the gift of yet another day here on the Planet.  It'll all be over way too soon, so dance like no one is watching, sing like no one is listening, love like you've never been hurt, be the friend that you'd like to have.  We are all very blessed, and I thank God every day for this fantastic life I have, and for all the wonderful friends I've had and for those I still can dance with.  I look forward to our next dance session. 
Peace friends, be blessed and joyful, and above all, be grateful.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 10:08:07 AM by Cindy Lou » IP address Logged

"The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing. "  (Shunryu Suzuki)
ruffnrocky
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 201

URL icon « Reply #17 on: July 31, 2009, 04:25:52 PM »

Cindy Lou, I don't believe we've met but I do know Garry and know what he's been thru the past few months. You post rings so true and I got a lttle misty eyed reading it. When I was younger I might have been one to yell at someone dancing in front of me at Telluride or Rockygrass. But as I got to be "our" age, I've certainly mellowed and there are more important thing to worry about. Like, can I hold it and not have to go to portapotty until after someone's set is over? Seriously, it is great to be alive and it's lucky to be us. Screw the rules and if a song moves me and I want to dance, I'm getting up and dancing for the tune and then I'll sit down or probably hit the portapotty. Garry, Have fun on vacation!.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Anne and Pete Sibley - Will You Walk With Me
IP address Logged
apollo
URL icon « Reply #18 on: July 31, 2009, 07:47:39 PM »

[quote author=TheBanjomatic link=topic=6897.msg48199#msg48199 date=1248988470
but dancing in front of people that chose to sit down rather than in the designated areas off to the side where you aren't obstructing anyones view is just rude.
[/quote]

I agree it can be rude, but note that the "designated areas" at Rockygrass are dirt and dust. Not a place to enjoy dancing. Put in an area where you can see the stage and not end up with lung filled with dusts I'd be happy to dance there.

I never dance in front of somebody who is already sitting down, and as I said before the back fence to stage right and the trees you find places where nobody is behind you.  The only people who complain are people who are.... well a bit anal.

And dancing to me is a way to count the measures and the beats, only I do it with my feet. Bill Monore loved clogging and dancing. I 100% agree. No sense of music moving you if you don't move.
IP address Logged
Troubleshooter
Kinda digging this festival thing...

Festivation rating 6

this isn't your typical pirate ship

URL icon « Reply #19 on: August 06, 2009, 06:20:09 PM »

Last year I just had knee surgery berfore Targhee so I appreciated being able to sit and still see the stage. I too enjoy dancing but now I will always try to do it off to the side-  having worn both sets of shoes.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Tony Rice
IP address Logged
Cindy Lou
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #20 on: August 06, 2009, 06:36:17 PM »

Every time I looked over at the designated "dancing" area, most folks were just kinda bouncing a bit.  When I dance, I need room to MOVE baby!  I don't have to see the stage, so maybe if PB put some speakers back towards where the vendors are so we can actually hear back there, I'd be happy to dance in the back.  Unfortunately, way back there you can't hear the performance that is taking place.
IP address Logged

"The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing. "  (Shunryu Suzuki)
Cindy Lou
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #21 on: September 12, 2009, 04:01:07 PM »

Check this out ya'll, and don't forget to dance, even if it's in your own living room:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32wsOd8PUR4
IP address Logged

Boogiefool
Festivarian

Festivation rating 42

URL icon « Reply #22 on: September 14, 2009, 01:59:23 AM »

Check this out ya'll, and don't forget to dance, even if it's in your own living room:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32wsOd8PUR4

Banjomatic got it about right for me. My Rockygrass was memorable for
1) being asked why I wasn't enjoying myself because I wasn't dancing on my tarp and
2) women, carrying their kids on their hips, standing amongst the crowd chatting.

It's all about respect for other peope and remembering that what's important to you could be annoying to the people behind you.

We're all there for the music at the end of the day aren't we?

Now Playing icon Listening to: Mugsy Spannier
IP address Logged

I'm on it 12!!

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather........not screaming in terror like his passengers!

http://www.myspace.com/boogiefool
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #23 on: September 14, 2009, 08:15:47 AM »

[quote

1) being asked why I wasn't enjoying myself because I wasn't dancing on my tarp and
2) women, carrying their kids on their hips, standing amongst the crowd chatting.

It's all about respect for other peope and remembering that what's important to you could be annoying to the people behind you.

I'm not sure what you mean here. huh
#1  huh That makes fest memerable for you.....  Flower I don't get that.

#2 Like I have said many times before, 4 days on a tarp(I see the ENTIRE show except for bathroom and food breaks would make it impossible to stay seated the ENTIRE time. If you want to go to a CONCERT than do so, HOWEVER a FESSSTEVALLLLLLLLLL is just that.  A big crowd with a need to move and feel friendly.

At the very least  someone reached out to you and asked you to dance. I can't help it the devil made me do it gotta get up and dance once in awhile. It's like a reaction to great music for some.

Please forgive us for we know that this is a sin, but it just feeeellllls soooooo goooooooood Medal
I am always polite and considerate of others...

I say dance if the music moves you to do so. Feel that vibe penetrate your body, feel life and enjoy, weather sitting still or moving about!

Tolerance is a must when at fest, so get over it.
 S--t happens. Flower
Sorry small rant this morning. I guess Woodstock would of sent some of these folks over the edge. LOL

« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 08:52:44 AM by landshark » IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
Boogiefool
Festivarian

Festivation rating 42

URL icon « Reply #24 on: September 14, 2009, 11:41:19 AM »

[quote

I'm not sure what you mean here. huh
#1  huh That makes fest memerable for you.....  Flower I don't get that.

#2 Like I have said many times before, 4 days on a tarp(I see the ENTIRE show except for bathroom and food breaks would make it impossible to stay seated the ENTIRE time. If you want to go to a CONCERT than do so, HOWEVER a FESSSTEVALLLLLLLLLL is just that.  A big crowd with a need to move and feel friendly.

At the very least  someone reached out to you and asked you to dance. I can't help it the devil made me do it gotta get up and dance once in awhile. It's like a reaction to great music for some.

Please forgive us for we know that this is a sin, but it just feeeellllls soooooo goooooooood Medal
I am always polite and considerate of others...

I say dance if the music moves you to do so. Feel that vibe penetrate your body, feel life and enjoy, weather sitting still or moving about!

Tolerance is a must when at fest, so get over it.
 S--t happens. Flower
Sorry small rant this morning. I guess Woodstock would of sent some of these folks over the edge. LOL

Memorable because I've never been asked before why I'm not dancing. Is that the only measure of enjoyment?
IP address Logged

I'm on it 12!!

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather........not screaming in terror like his passengers!

landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #25 on: September 14, 2009, 11:58:19 AM »

Memorable because I've never been asked before why I'm not dancing. Is that the only measure of enjoyment?
[/quote]

Oh now I get it. Flower What happens to you when you feel the  joy from the music?
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
Boogiefool
Festivarian

Festivation rating 42

URL icon « Reply #26 on: September 14, 2009, 02:08:55 PM »

Oh now I get it. Flower What happens to you when you feel the  joy from the music?
[/quote]
I play along and on some occasions dance, but I don't expect others to dance just because I am. Each to their own.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Guy Clark-Dublin Blues
IP address Logged

I'm on it 12!!

landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #27 on: September 14, 2009, 03:39:04 PM »

I play along and on some occasions dance, but I don't expect others to dance just because I am. Each to their own.
[/quote]
I don't really think you should of taken that litteraly." WHY AREN"Y YOU DANCING" said with glee by crazy americans simply means,,,,,,,, ISN"T THIS GREAT ARE YA WITH ME! Woo hoo :hug kiss
IP address Logged

Pages: 1 [2] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC