Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:39:29 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  RIP Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: RIP Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett  (Read 5693 times)
Cindy Lou
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « on: June 25, 2009, 04:26:18 PM »

Oh my god you guys they just announced that Michael Jackson is dead at age 50 from cardiac arrest.
I grew up listening to him, and just last night was talking about David Byrne and how fun he was, and half-joking said wouldn't it be fun to see Michael Jackson at TBF.  ( a logistical nightmare and impossible dream, but fun to imagine).
We have lost an amazing musician today.  Those of you who aren't fans, please leave the trash talk out of here.

And I just found out that Farrah Fawcett died today too.  God Bless them both and their families in these difficult times.

Now Playing icon Listening to: (in my head)  I'll be there
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 06:18:14 PM by Cindy Lou » IP address Logged

"The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing. "  (Shunryu Suzuki)
wilco1
Festivarian

Festivation rating 32

URL icon « Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 05:07:15 PM »

Very sad news for all of us Music fans

RIP Michael
IP address Logged
reikipam
Kinda digging this festival thing...

Festivation rating 10

URL icon « Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 11:16:52 PM »

Rip Michael and Farrah.  Liked MJ in the 80's and with the Jackson Five.  Not a big fan in the past few years. He changed a lot of things in the music world, and for that he will be missed
IP address Logged
Sam
Small Member

Festivation rating 120

URL icon « Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 09:38:35 AM »

I'm so gutted,  Michael Jackson provided the soundtrack to my childhood, like so many others!
I had tickets to see him in London in a few weeks time, so sad...

Frown
IP address Logged
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 01:29:27 PM »

RIP

Now Playing icon Listening to: my sick brain wondering what PBR is going to do with that TBA now.......
IP address Logged

InFleckIt! at Hippo Campus
hipchc
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 12:26:39 PM »

Lastnite in Tempe, Luther Jackson (MJ's uncle) performed with his blues band.. It was very touching and powerful event. We had a candle light vigil and a couple of the local news channels were even on site.. It was awesome!

RIP Michael
IP address Logged
Cindy Lou
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 04:02:16 PM »

I watched the celebration of life service yesterday, and it was quite moving.  He really was a gift in our lifetime.  He was an extremely talented and gifted musician, and a great humanitarian.  So what if he was a bit weird, aren't we all?  It makes me sad that his kids now are without their Daddy.  That's hard at any age.
R.I.P. Michael
IP address Logged

"The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing. "  (Shunryu Suzuki)
Iriecycle
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

Where Y'at

URL icon « Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 09:53:11 PM »

Came home from work Wifey tearing at the computer after watching MJ's funeral.  The King of Pop; We Are the World, one of so many great achievements of his post Jacksons carrer.  How people can not respect his greatness is beyond me, fortunately.  Poor tortured and neglected man he was, may each of us find better friends to help guide us through this often misguided world.  I give thanks for his legacy of great music and hope the haters can find some good in his life.  Thanks Cindy Lou.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Jerry Band
IP address Logged

time, half a time, and two times
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC