Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 07, 2024, 08:53:12 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Memorial Day THANKS to our Veterans
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Memorial Day THANKS to our Veterans  (Read 4737 times)
420Sugaree
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

shake it, shake it, Sugaree

URL icon « on: May 25, 2009, 12:49:46 PM »

Thanks to all our Veterans and their families. THANK YOU! When I was growing up, nearly all my friends' dads had served in WW 2. My dad flew missions over Europe in WW 2. He took pictures. In my late teens, I had some older friends who served in Korea. During the late 60s our veterans allowed us hippies to go bonkers objecting to the unjust war in Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos. The cruel nature of the Draft Board caused 1000s of our "poor" young men to be involuntarily sent to their deaths. I just barely missed getting drafted myself. I lucked out because I pulled a "good number" during the 2nd year of the new draft lottery. Many of my friends were drafted and sent to 'Nam. Some of my friends were killed there. Many were wounded and maimed there. Some of them came home addicted to heroin. Over 4 million Vietnamese were killed.

Grateful Dead at Kresge Plaza, M.I.T.
May 6, 1970

free benefit show during nationwide college campus protests
days after the Kent State Massacre
The show kicks off appropriately w/ Dancin' in the Streets

audio stream for SBD
info page on The Archive

I respect and admire our troops who serve professionally. It is disgusting to me that our leaders DO NOT have the courage, honor, and dignity to send our troops off to war ONLY WHEN it is absolutely necessary - unlike the senseless wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. The best way to appreciate, honor, respect, and support our troops and their families is to bring them home safely. Please bring our troops home — NOW (not in pine boxes). Will we ever learn how to live sustainably?

IP address Logged

Turn on your Lovelight... and leave it ON!
TellurideTom
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 426

URL icon « Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 02:33:35 PM »

I'm a Vietnam veteran and I full heartedly support our troops. Thumbs Up

Montrose recently had the honor of being the only town in Colorado to have the "Moving Wall" on display. It's a quarter size replica of the Vietnam Memorial in Washington DC, and I was proud to have it here and visit it. Medal
IP address Logged

Happy Trails....Wave

You can check out my Domain site or follow me on Facebook
UselessJo
Old Timer

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 07:18:03 AM »

I'm sorry to have only started looking at this general discussion area until today and wanted to just say thank you to all the vets out there. Without you, it is possible we would not be able to enjoy this little slice of heaven we call festival.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
IP address Logged

Let us learn to appreciate there will be times when the trees will be bare, and look forward to the time when we may pick the fruit.
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC