Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:22:59 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Mile High Music Festival
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Mile High Music Festival  (Read 10940 times)
KickingTelevision

Festivation rating 0

URL icon « on: May 13, 2009, 03:37:33 PM »

Opinions?

I wasn't sure if I should post a link to the lineup as I feel like most of you know it already, but I will anyway.

http://www.milehighmusicfestival.com/lineup/

I'm just curious. I'm hearing a lot more about Telluride and such around, so I was wondering what Festivarian's think of it. I'm not expecting RockyGrass levels of excitement, but still...

David

Now Playing icon Listening to: Boulder Acoustic Society - Punchline
IP address Logged
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 04:00:47 PM »

Opinions?

I wasn't sure if I should post a link to the lineup as I feel like most of you know it already, but I will anyway.

I'm just curious. I'm hearing a lot more about Telluride and such around, so I was wondering what Festivarian's think of it. I'm not expecting RockyGrass levels of excitement, but still...

David
Wave Nice mix in the line up ,, but no tailgating and camping? Festival means to be festive,,, drinking and sun don't mix with driving...

Camping and parking lot fun are well,,, fun.. Medal   Do you have a shuttle, trees for shade and lots of water stations??
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 04:10:02 PM by landshark » IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
Hot Sugar
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

Camp Run a Muck

URL icon « Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 10:45:45 AM »

That line up looks stellar, If I could afford to go to more festivals I would probably hit that one up
IP address Logged

"That spells clever not cleaver."
KickingTelevision

Festivation rating 0

URL icon « Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 10:43:15 PM »

Hey all, they just added Thievery Corporation, Devotchka, Big Head Todd & the Monsters, and Lukas Nelson & the Promise of the Pearl. Not bad additions, especially Thievery (who I missed at the Fillmore in April but heard was pretty good).

I haven't heard of Lukas, actually. Just checked him out online and it's not bad. Still - Thievery Corp validates day 2...

Now Playing icon Listening to: Stardeath and the White Dwarfs
IP address Logged
Bevin
Old Timer

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 12:34:30 PM »

Opinions?

David
Wave Nice mix in the line up ,, but no tailgating and camping? Festival means to be festive,,, drinking and sun don't mix with driving...

Agreed - without camping it's just a concert, not a festival.   
IP address Logged

Copyright 2009, a production of Camp Totally Lit - All rights reserved

"There's always a Clapper."
Roach
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 12:57:58 PM »

Went last year.  Hot!  Several stages are in tents, so there is shade, but extra heat.  And last year they wouldn't let you bring in your nalgene or any other containers.

But figure out a way to/from the fest, it's in BFE.  And they will kick you out of the lots after the show.

Tool opening for Panic?  Not to be missed....

IP address Logged
BluegrassDustin
Administrator
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

Living Life With Delusions Of Banjur

URL icon « Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 01:55:42 PM »

Went last year.  Hot!  Several stages are in tents, so there is shade, but extra heat.  And last year they wouldn't let you bring in your nalgene or any other containers.

But figure out a way to/from the fest, it's in BFE.  And they will kick you out of the lots after the show.

Tool opening for Panic on Dustin's birthday?  Not to be missed....

fixed that for ya. Wink
IP address Logged

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those
who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Seuss

"An intellectual snob is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture and not think of The Lone Ranger."   -Dan Rather
Roach
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 02:11:20 PM »

Just talked to Maynard, sounds like you are gonna get the "Marylin Monroe" version of "Happy Birthday to You".  Should be sexy.

That is, right after JB and Maynard throw down a Prison Sex>Coconuts.
IP address Logged
Hot Sugar
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

Camp Run a Muck

URL icon « Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 11:23:02 PM »

Opinions?

David

Agreed - without camping it's just a concert, not a festival.   

Than it will be one epic concert Cheers
IP address Logged

"That spells clever not cleaver."
KickingTelevision

Festivation rating 0

URL icon « Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 06:39:10 PM »

Haha, they just added Jet, too. I thought that was pretty random.
IP address Logged
Daniela
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 140

"Dainty Flower"

URL icon « Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 04:26:43 PM »

I have to be honest with you on this one.  I went last year, and wouldn't go again until some MAJOR changes are made.  The weather was hotter than CRAP, shade was not readily available for most stages, you couldn't take in anything, and the lines for water were half an hour long, at least.  The food was really expensive and far away, the parking was far away, the lines to get in were at least an hour long, and the booze was horridly expensive.  Plus being in the big city, there were no trees, and an overabundance of drunk, underage/college hoodlum types all around.  I called afterwards and told them to contact Planet Bluegrass to get some tips on how to put on a kick-ass festival.   It was a shame too, because there were some really great bands present.   Rolleyes
IP address Logged

Can we leave RIGHT NOW??
Pen
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 09:15:18 PM »

Another example of too much of a good thing.  I couldn't agree with you more Daniela.  I had the same experience.  As I type this the inner kid in me is shouting "You are F'ing OLD!!!".  20 years ago that would have been the greatest weekend of my life.  Instead I just wanted my couch and a fan.  Oh well.....

Telluride is about as large as I do now.  And I agree again - it's done very well.
IP address Logged

"How many of you folks have seen that movie "O Brother, Where Ya At?"--Ralph Stanley
KickingTelevision

Festivation rating 0

URL icon « Reply #12 on: June 19, 2009, 01:53:21 PM »

Damn hoodlum types
IP address Logged
KickingTelevision

Festivation rating 0

URL icon « Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 11:07:12 AM »

I just got a response from the festival and they're going to let me park my RV on site! Not sure if I'll have to move it during the night, but before I'd have to park far away and take a bus or something!

Sweet.
IP address Logged
KickingTelevision

Festivation rating 0

URL icon « Reply #14 on: July 09, 2009, 01:20:06 PM »

So RV Parking is going to be in the south-east lot, I guess, and they're letting us have a shakedown street there.

Yay!

David
IP address Logged
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC