Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 12:47:14 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  recommendations wanted for camping mattress
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: recommendations wanted for camping mattress  (Read 21662 times)
Matt
URL icon « Reply #15 on: March 27, 2009, 09:17:16 AM »

Try Big Agnes, especially if you can afford a Sleeping Giant memory foam kit from them.  I use that with an Insulated Air Core pad for Telluride and I wake up every morning feeling like I slept at home in bed!
IP address Logged
dayton
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

instagram.com/ashevilledayton

URL icon « Reply #16 on: March 29, 2009, 07:43:53 AM »

yeh memory foam pads are the best
compact, light weight, and really comfortable, as much so as some air mattresses that ive used. and one plus with memory foam is that they dont lose air in the middle of the night.  ive certainly gotten some cricks in my neck from a partially deflated air mattress...
and, if ya check target, walmart, or even some medical supply stores, you can find some generic brands of memory foam for half the price Thumbs Up
IP address Logged

“Life is like music for its own sake. We are living in an eternal now, and when we listen to music we are not listening to the past, we are not listening to the future, we are listening to an expanded present.” ― Alan W. Watts
mark2010
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 20

Dont know Bluegrass from Greengrass but will soon

URL icon « Reply #17 on: March 31, 2009, 05:41:41 AM »

Clue here Mikki
is a thick blanket on top of the matress
a warm honey works too !
 Cheers

Im leaving the GLW at home, is it possible to pick up a substitute on site  Evil Evil
IP address Logged

I know the meaning of life, it doesn't help me a bit.
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #18 on: March 31, 2009, 11:15:37 AM »

Clue here Mikki
is a thick blanket on top of the matress
a warm honey works too !
 Cheers

Im leaving the GLW at home, is it possible to pick up a substitute on site  Evil Evil
Dream big lil cowboy..... LOL
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #19 on: March 31, 2009, 11:20:39 AM »

I think the air mattress is so huge,, seems like they would take up the entire tent... but looks so comfy...  Medal
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
Flagstaff Jess
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Seize the Cocktail!

URL icon « Reply #20 on: March 31, 2009, 11:33:39 AM »

Do a search on the "Paco pad".   Thumbs Up I'm sure Flagstaff Jess will chime in on this one.

And - - - Uhhh - - -
 Flower Flower Flower Hooch, if you're gonna share that bed you better be close to that person  Flower Flower Flower

:peace

Actually I am switching this year to an air mattress and down comforters.  For ten days I'd rather be in a bed.  I have a double air mattress, thick foam pad, then a down mattress pad, flannel sheets and a down comforter.  But since I have two paco pads I may stick them under the air mattress.  Just call me Princess Pea Avoider.
 Flower

IP address Logged

Begin doing what you want to do now.  We are not living in eternity.  We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand and melting like a snowflake.  Let us use it before it is too late.   - Marie Bevon Ray
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #21 on: March 31, 2009, 11:58:30 AM »

Wave I am so excited about all this stuff...I'm gonna have my own fort(tent) by the river,,,, so cool....

If I could I would check into the ranch for the entire summer, class, fest, class, fest,, what a life.

I would like to hear the life and times of Ferg and all the PBG players... I bet their days are full of music.

AAAHHHH yes my fort by the river...... Medal Flower
IP address Logged

Hooch
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

Freak Of The Rainbow Pork Lover

URL icon « Reply #22 on: March 31, 2009, 01:27:22 PM »

All you people (including the entire Swedish Bikini Team) seriously need to come over to my place at TBF and check out the extreme comfort level of my bedding setup.  Maybe we should have a "Comfy Bed Contest"!!! 
IP address Logged

"There is nothing in the universe more exciting than a piece of bacon."

-Dan Phillips
RockyMtnGuy
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 0

Telluride Bluegrass Fest -- 2011

URL icon « Reply #23 on: March 31, 2009, 10:42:42 PM »

What brand/style of mattress do you use while camping?

For years now we have used our Thermarests which have served us well. One now has been repaired multiple times and is on its last puffs of air, so I am in the market for new bedding. We are actually thinking of going more luxurious  Sunshine for Telluride and getting a real air mattress. I want to minimize inflating issues and deflating (punctures) issues as much as possible so I am seeking some advise.

What brands do you recommend?
What should I stay away from?
Do you have any set up advise? Do you put anything special underneath the mattress (besides the tent)?
anything else I should consider in this area?

Thanks

Many great ideas have been suggested for keeping warm on those near frigid nights.  I used to tent camp in the high mountains (before getting a camper with a furnace Wink ) .. and .. the best setup in those situations was one of those cots with an air mattress (can put two together) ... up off the ground, and then one of those silver thermal 'fire blankets' on top of the mattress(es), then a blanket/comforter and then sleeping bag.   I've also used an air mattress right on the floor of the tent, with the 'fire blanket' (the lightweight silver sheet) under the sleeping bag, and I was toasty warm.  Those fire blankets are pretty inexpensive.

Hope that helps.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Dennis Holt -- Bowling Green
IP address Logged

.. Any day above ground is a Good Day Wink
Ron N Deb
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #24 on: March 31, 2009, 10:57:55 PM »

Ok how about a new Event
Tour Of the Tents       ???????
 Cheers Cheers Cheers
IP address Logged

Peace N Love
Ron N Deb
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #25 on: April 01, 2009, 06:55:49 AM »

Ok how about a new Event
Tour Of the Tents       ???????
 Cheers Cheers Cheers
Thumbs Up That sounds good LOL Does a mattress pad and sheet fit on the air mattress??
IP address Logged

Hippie
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #26 on: April 01, 2009, 09:55:09 AM »

Wave A fitted sheet over two thermarests with the special straps that join them makes a good foundation. I prefer flannel sheets. I act as the furnace and another warm body creates enough thermal mass to create a very comfortable evening. A good tent also helps, I prefer my VE25 North face for extended festival camping.

:peace
IP address Logged

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. - Will Rogers
mark2010
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 20

Dont know Bluegrass from Greengrass but will soon

URL icon « Reply #27 on: April 03, 2009, 01:24:51 AM »

Do you guys have your equipment air lifted in ?

Ive got this image of the snow melting off the mountains to reveal they are made solely of camping gear for TBF campers.  LOL LOL LOL

IP address Logged

I know the meaning of life, it doesn't help me a bit.
Ron N Deb
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #28 on: April 03, 2009, 06:05:56 PM »

If you only Knew
Camp WanderIn , Fishbone , RunAMuck
all have 18wheelers rolling in ...
 Evil Evil Cheers Evil Evil
IP address Logged

Peace N Love
Ron N Deb
Cindy Lou
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #29 on: April 07, 2009, 05:09:30 PM »

Do you guys have your equipment air lifted in ?

Ive got this image of the snow melting off the mountains to reveal they are made solely of camping gear for TBF campers.  LOL LOL LOL

It only took 3 guys and a small bribe to carry in my futon 2 years ago.   LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
IP address Logged

"The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing. "  (Shunryu Suzuki)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC