Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 10:50:55 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  News Flash: Bacon Dude turns 40.....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: News Flash: Bacon Dude turns 40.....  (Read 15434 times)
Hooch
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

Freak Of The Rainbow Pork Lover

URL icon « Reply #15 on: March 03, 2009, 08:31:18 AM »

Also, please remember that I'm still 39 in festi-years until the 'Everyone's Birthday Party' at Smuggler's the Monday before TBF!  It ain't much but it helps.

You WISH, Sucker!  LOL Admit It.... You've topped the HILL!!!!!!!!!

Aunite Hope  :festivarian2 :green

The Top of the Hill is 50
I have 2 yrs to go
he is still a pup !
I need more Bacon and more  COWBELL !

Anyone who has been around 20 year olds  figures out quickly that 20 is the new teen, making 30 the new 20 and 40 the new 30 and you aren't over the hill -ahem - until you hit 50 which is the new 40.

So technically I'm only turning 34 this year.  No where NEAR over the hill!

Jess@ can't.believe.Hope.said.that

Well my sister says that 40 is the new 20, so I think I'm going with her measuring scale. 

Upon review I'd have to say that my 30's were pretty tumultuous, so I'm going to bypass that decade on my way through again from 20.
IP address Logged

"There is nothing in the universe more exciting than a piece of bacon."

-Dan Phillips
Flagstaff Jess
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Seize the Cocktail!

URL icon « Reply #16 on: March 03, 2009, 10:47:18 AM »

Also, please remember that I'm still 39 in festi-years until the 'Everyone's Birthday Party' at Smuggler's the Monday before TBF!  It ain't much but it helps.

I have 2 yrs to go
he is still a pup !

Anyone who has been around 20 year olds  figures out quickly that 20 is the new teen, making 30 the new 20 and 40 the new 30 and you aren't over the hill -ahem - until you hit 50 which is the new 40.

Well my sister says that 40 is the new 20, so I think I'm going with her measuring scale. 

Upon review I'd have to say that my 30's were pretty tumultuous, so I'm going to bypass that decade on my way through again from 20.

I don't know, maybe going thru the 30's again while in your 50's would be kinda good.

You know the old saying - if I knew then what I know now....
IP address Logged

Begin doing what you want to do now.  We are not living in eternity.  We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand and melting like a snowflake.  Let us use it before it is too late.   - Marie Bevon Ray
ilovethelorax
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #17 on: March 03, 2009, 11:29:31 AM »

Up with the fishies!! Hope it was happy!

Now Playing icon Listening to: lewi
IP address Logged

I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music.

George Eliot (1819-1880)
Hooch
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #18 on: March 03, 2009, 04:34:34 PM »

I have 2 yrs to go
he is still a pup !

I don't know, maybe going thru the 30's again while in your 50's would be kinda good.

Boy, I hate that I can actually relate to that phrase now.  I had really planned to zoom through life not bothering to pick up wisdom because it's boring to listen to but somehow I caught some and now I occasionally find myself trying to share it instead of just saying "Shut up and drink this" which is the more proper response.  Maybe I'll spend my 40's de-programming myself. 
IP address Logged

-Dan Phillips
Flagstaff Jess
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Seize the Cocktail!

URL icon « Reply #19 on: March 03, 2009, 05:21:46 PM »

I have 2 yrs to go
he is still a pup !

Boy, I hate that I can actually relate to that phrase now.  I had really planned to zoom through life not bothering to pick up wisdom because it's boring to listen to but somehow I caught some and now I occasionally find myself trying to share it instead of just saying "Shut up and drink this" which is the more proper response.  Maybe I'll spend my 40's de-programming myself. 

You are engineer, you might be able to pull that off.  I am in healthcare.  We are designed to instruct others on the betterment of their lives, but hey we also got great drugs.
IP address Logged

Begin doing what you want to do now.  We are not living in eternity.  We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand and melting like a snowflake.  Let us use it before it is too late.   - Marie Bevon Ray
KS
Small Member

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #20 on: March 03, 2009, 07:07:10 PM »

This calls for 40 bags of marshmallows . . . laced in bacon drippings!
IP address Logged
Hooch
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #21 on: March 04, 2009, 08:39:49 AM »

This calls for 40 bags of marshmallows . . . laced in bacon drippings!

Wow...I love you and want to have your babies!  Who are you anyway?
IP address Logged

-Dan Phillips
KS
Small Member

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #22 on: March 04, 2009, 09:20:21 AM »

Dorothy from KS!   Probably not the girl you are looking for . . . .
IP address Logged
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #23 on: March 04, 2009, 02:30:20 PM »

OMG! You Folks totally took that one the wrong way!  LOL Anybody have a clue where Hooch camps each year?  LOL THE TOP OF THE HILL IN TOWN PARK!  LOL

From the perspective of 45 going on 46... I'm sooooo down with the 40's are the new 20's and those 30's should be out of the picture all together!  Thumbs Up

Auntie Hope  :festivarian2 :green
IP address Logged

InFleckIt! at Hippo Campus
Hooch
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #24 on: March 04, 2009, 04:13:50 PM »

Dorothy from KS!   Probably not the girl you are looking for . . . .

Hi Dorothy!  (insert Wizard of Oz joke here):

It's cool.  I'm not really looking to have babies myself (I currently buy and sell them for profit on Ebay).  Just bring the marshmallows covered with bacon drippings and we'll get along just fine....unless you hate Crunchy Frog, in which case I'll be forced to look at you like this Spill and ask to you begone.

Now Playing icon Listening to: The sound of my own 40-year-old awesomeness
IP address Logged

-Dan Phillips
Pages: 1 [2] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC