Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 04:35:35 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Isn't it a wonderful day?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Isn't it a wonderful day?  (Read 4488 times)
Doc Mike
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « on: January 20, 2009, 03:16:07 PM »

I mean, wow.  Flower
IP address Logged

We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.
~Willy Wonka
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 04:01:54 PM »

Yeah really.....
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
ilovethelorax
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 10:07:25 PM »

As 5 year old Sam said when he was elected "Mama, this is how we change the world!"

It's nice to have some faith again.

Now Playing icon Listening to: FDR saying "the only thing we have to fear is fear itself"
IP address Logged

I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music.

George Eliot (1819-1880)
Flagstaff Jess
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Seize the Cocktail!

URL icon « Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 12:17:13 AM »

As 5 year old Sam said when he was elected "Mama, this is how we change the world!"

You know it is a day full of hope.  But that does not mean suddenly things will be easy.  The hope lies in all the words he said today.  Step up.  Take responsibility.  Serve.

I run a rape crisis center that has funding through June of this year.  At that point we end.  I'll figure out some other way to make a living, but the people and the counties we serve will be left with nothing.  That's real.

There are going to be many programs like mine that will go away this next year.  The funding died last year and the budgets are just catching up.  States are facing enormous deficits and the hard choices are being made.

We cannot live in a leveraged world forever and not expect to someday have to pony up to the bar and settle the tab.

We must each ask ourselves right now....how do I intend to answer my President's call and serve?  We have real work ahead of us.  Hard work.  We can sing while we do it - we like to sing - but work we must.

Today was a good day.  Tomorrow we shoulder the wheel.  Where do you intend to serve?

Now Playing icon Listening to: My President's words
IP address Logged

Begin doing what you want to do now.  We are not living in eternity.  We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand and melting like a snowflake.  Let us use it before it is too late.   - Marie Bevon Ray
Hippie
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 08:34:00 PM »

You know it is a day full of hope.  But that does not mean suddenly things will be easy.  The hope lies in all the words he said today.  Step up.  Take responsibility.  Serve.

I run a rape crisis center that has funding through June of this year.  At that point we end.  I'll figure out some other way to make a living, but the people and the counties we serve will be left with nothing.  That's real.

There are going to be many programs like mine that will go away this next year.  The funding died last year and the budgets are just catching up.  States are facing enormous deficits and the hard choices are being made.

We cannot live in a leveraged world forever and not expect to someday have to pony up to the bar and settle the tab.

We must each ask ourselves right now....how do I intend to answer my President's call and serve?  We have real work ahead of us.  Hard work.  We can sing while we do it - we like to sing - but work we must.

Today was a good day.  Tomorrow we shoulder the wheel.  Where do you intend to serve?

WoW Seize the Cocktail, indeed. Where are the rest of us going to contribute?

I work at a non profit as well, our funding is dependent on the generosity of others.

How will you contribute?     Thank you Jess, for the reality check

:peace
IP address Logged

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. - Will Rogers
Jimtown Farmergirl

Festivation rating 11

URL icon « Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 05:45:58 PM »

I pledge to work toward fixing the health care system so that all Americans can have health care. Don't know exactly how I'm going to contribute, but I'm starting with intention and faith that opportunities will come my way.  Thumbs Up

Now Playing icon Listening to: my computer hum
IP address Logged
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC