Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:36:50 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Re: Sam, Curtis, John, Tony, Dan, J.D. and the boys benefit concert - Mar 20 '09
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Re: Sam, Curtis, John, Tony, Dan, J.D. and the boys benefit concert - Mar 20 '09  (Read 116660 times)
bpleines

Festivation rating 0

URL icon « Reply #120 on: March 25, 2009, 01:42:54 PM »

Dear Friends,

I just wanted to say a big “thank you” to Harry & Ann Bickel, Ken & Sheila Pyle, Curtis Burch, Steve Cooley, Jeff Autry, Shad Cobb, Bryon Larrance, John Frazier, & the members of “Relic”.

Some of ya’ll know that we put on a free show Friday night in Louisville Ky. @ Rudyard Kipling’s. After the last 6 or so weeks of kicking, fighting, & punching surrounding The Bluegrass Hotel, this evening went a long way towards putting music in it’s proper perspective. There was much laughter, great pickin’ and perhaps even a little healing in this wondrous night. Louisville, and Kentucky, remind me once again of why and how this music (and all it’s glorious forms) was created. In dignity, creativity, and in the service and spirit of the better part of our human condition.

We also “passed the hat” and will be making a contribution to the American Cancer Society which, after all, was what this was all about.

Sincerely,

John E Cowan
IP address Logged
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #121 on: March 25, 2009, 02:14:27 PM »

Like there was ever a doubt that you would dissapoint,,,, I think not. Proud of you Flower
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
BigGriz

Festivation rating 0

Under the ol elm tree

URL icon « Reply #122 on: April 01, 2009, 07:41:05 AM »

Want to thank John Cowan Band and Relic for a great show and turning broken plans into a great weekend for some old bluegrass fans.  Thanks also to the Rudyard for the great hospitality.  It was great to get  back to Louisville and hear some great music again.  Would have loved to see the entire Galt House show as scheduled but.................. JCB with Curtis (Thank you also) was incredible and thanks! 

Now Playing icon Listening to: Del at Rockygrass, 1996 on the archive
IP address Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC