Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:31:35 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Re: Sam, Curtis, John, Tony, Dan, J.D. and the boys benefit concert - Mar 20 '09
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Re: Sam, Curtis, John, Tony, Dan, J.D. and the boys benefit concert - Mar 20 '09  (Read 116659 times)
420Sugaree
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

shake it, shake it, Sugaree

URL icon « Reply #90 on: March 16, 2009, 11:48:00 AM »

Finally — some good news. Thanks Pat.

Thanks Dustin. I am endlessly thankful to all of you at Festivarian and Planet Bluegrasss. Simply because you have provided the place for allowing me and others to share with you, and each other. I have a pretty good handle on where the best music sites are on the internet. Festivarian is the best place I know to seamlessly "hook-into" the Newgrass music scene.

I was slowly being consumed by the fact that my old tape recordings might just end up in a landfill somewhere. I was compelled to share them with you. Without all of you, I was doomed to failure. Now I am proud for sharing. I'll never be able to thank you enough.

There's probably gonna be a brief LAWYER's job-market "bubble" for a few years over this thing. I hope otherwise. Legal precedents may be getting set here: this whole thing was promoted mostly on the internet. Actually, that's "nothing new." Forensic Science will be generating a new speciality here: Morph Science — the expertise of unravelling the steps behind the near-and-real-time morphs on the internet, as the stuff in your browser keeps changing when you hit the reload button. Go figure?
IP address Logged

Turn on your Lovelight... and leave it ON!
420Sugaree
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #91 on: March 16, 2009, 12:17:26 PM »

I understand it is my responsibility to continue to provide important information to you in this thread. Just in from The Bluegrass Hotel LLC, with whom I am not affiliated...

$14,000 raised for American Cancer Society by

The Bluegrass Hotel concert to date

Louisville, Kentucky, March 16, 2009- Many charitable organizations are down in contributions and funding in today's economic climate.  But there has been some good news on the horizon for the American Cancer Society, as to date 569 concert tickets have been sold via TicketWeb @ $25 ea. for The Bluegrass Hotel concert on Mach 20 at the Galt House Hotel & Suites in Louisville, Kentucky.  All proceeds from those sales go to the charitable organization, which to date is over $14,000 of revenue.

All guests who booked a room at the Galt House received 2 free reserved tickets (a $50 ea. value). 

There have been some requests for ticket and room refunds, following Sam Bush and Tony Rice's decision not to appear at the benefit event unless they were paid.  Those requests will be honored.  However, this will unfortunately be at the expense of the charity's expectations.

The Bluegrass Hotel LLC
thebluegrasshotel@yahoo.com
www.thebluegrasshotel.com

__________________    — edited  —   ________________________

this is from The Galt House (Teresa Dunn), in a new thread on here:

Please be advised that the Galt House Hotel will provide a full refund of any hotel packages sold for the Bluegrass Hotel Concert for this Friday, March 20th.  You may cancel with and receive your full refund by calling 1-800-843-4258 or by emailing reservations@galthotel.com

Thank you for your patience.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 12:41:28 PM by 420Sugaree » IP address Logged

Hooch
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

Freak Of The Rainbow Pork Lover

URL icon « Reply #92 on: March 16, 2009, 01:56:35 PM »

This whole thing smells stinky.  Someone (not me) should verify afterwards that "all the proceeds" actually get to the American Cancer Society. 
IP address Logged

"There is nothing in the universe more exciting than a piece of bacon."

-Dan Phillips
TellurideTom
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 426

URL icon « Reply #93 on: March 16, 2009, 02:52:26 PM »

There's two reasons why I'm still going to attend this show.

1) I'll get to visit with my granddaughter and see my new great grandson.

2) It's a benefit for the American Cancer Society - my brother died of cancer.

Flower

Besides, I may end up at the Grand Ol Opry while I'm there to see Charlie Daniels. Thumbs Up
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 02:55:15 PM by TellurideTom » IP address Logged

Happy Trails....Wave

You can check out my Domain site or follow me on Facebook
CountryGirl25

Festivation rating 0

URL icon « Reply #94 on: March 16, 2009, 03:45:26 PM »

Has anyone heard anything else about if John Cowan is still planning a free concert in Louisville since he won't be at the Bluegrass Hotel Concert? If so, does anyone know where & when? Thanks.
IP address Logged
dreadhead

Festivation rating 0

URL icon « Reply #95 on: March 16, 2009, 07:29:53 PM »

Bluegrass Annoynomous our Louisville Bluegrass organization is sposoring the Itchin to Pick event this weekend at the Galt. So if you do come, have fun with the locals and support a great group and have a great time. Also how about donating some cash to the ACS in Sams fathers name.
Peace
IP address Logged
Ron N Deb
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #96 on: March 17, 2009, 02:32:01 AM »

Heya Guys
Im very Happy how this whole nasty thing has finally played out ...in a way

Most of you Know that Tom brought me into His Family years ago .. I had the pleasure of meeting his Mother and Brother ..who have Both passed on ...

I propose as The Festivarians we are , we all Do a Donation to ACS under the name FESTIVARIAN
maybe we can offset a little bit ..
Thoughts ??
Each of us throw a few bucks at the Acs .. I kinda like it ..
 Cheers Flower Cheers

Now Playing icon Listening to: Will the Circle Be Unbroken ......
IP address Logged

Peace N Love
Ron N Deb
420Sugaree
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #97 on: March 17, 2009, 11:10:19 AM »

Heya Guys
Im very Happy how this whole nasty thing has finally played out ...in a way

Most of you Know that Tom brought me into His Family years ago .. I had the pleasure of meeting his Mother and Brother ..who have Both passed on ...

I propose as The Festivarians we are , we all Do a Donation to ACS under the name FESTIVARIAN
maybe we can offset a little bit ..
Thoughts ??
Each of us throw a few bucks at the Acs .. I kinda like it ..
 Cheers Flower Cheers

I, and others, have some thoughts about this:

Hey guys. this all really sucks from all sides. Fans, artists involved, etc. It was a beautiful idea that was apparently not executed very well. Maybe it will work out that the principle pickers can do a get together for another event. I too was hoping for a big turn out for the fund raising to fight cancer, it got both my folks and my stepson, we lose to many to the disease daily.
 Love the music not just the pickers. Hopefully we will hear these guys together in the future. SC

Monte Barry says:

a) Bill Millet, stop dogging Sam Bush and Tony Rice
b) dump Bill Millet from the "executive" position of this project
c) "the principal pickers" agree to name the next gig, "Bickel & Sparky's Festival"
d) PB renames Telluride Bluegrass Festival to, "Sam Bush Telluride Newgrass Festival"
e) Wikipedia deletes the term "Progressive Bluegrass" from the nomenclature, and renames it "Progressive Newgrass"
f) at TBF '09, Planet Bluegrass' venue provides platform for the PR-announcement launching the above
g) at this announcement, Bill Millet publicly apologizes to Jamie Hartford, w/ whom I was looking forward to meeting.
h) we forgive Bill Millet - and maybe let him pick and sing w/ the boys

The Lawyers representing all The Parties involved AGREE, based upon the conditions a) through h), above, to provide PRO-BONO their services rendered on This Project. The Fans will show up in droves. THIS synergy will be the driving force to put the American Cancer Society's success over the top.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 02:05:44 PM by 420Sugaree » IP address Logged

fstylemb1

Festivation rating 0

URL icon « Reply #98 on: March 17, 2009, 02:03:55 PM »

A note from Harry and Ann Bickel-the owners and proprieters of the original Bluegrass Hotel:

Dear Friends,

The “Bluegrass Hotel Concert” scheduled for this Friday night has been cancelled.  In the words of its producer, it has been “rescheduled”. We fervently hope that you can all get most of your money back for rooms or tickets or travel expenses.

Harry and I are deeply sorry and saddened by this and want to extend our sincere apologies. Our friends and supporters mean the world to us and we hope everyone can get past this and not think negatively when they hear the name The Bluegrass Hotel in the future.

To the many people who have already worked on this project and have not, and probably will not, get paid; we apologize.  And we apologize to those of you who slaved countless volunteer hours to make this project a reality only to see it now come crashing down.

We also want you to know that this is in no way the fault of any of the musicians. None of us had anything to do with organizing, scheduling or canceling this event. All of it was done by the project’s producer, Bill Millet, and his corporation.

All the musicians involved have all been through weeks of stress and disappointment.
We need you to understand that many of them have lost money from paying jobs that they turned down in order to come here and play this concert for charity.  We all owe them so much.

The Galt House, which graciously provided the venue for this concert, will likely lose a great deal because of this cancelation. They need all of our thanks and support. Unfortunately, mostly what they have been receiving is blame. Please let them know you appreciate what they have done.

The American Cancer Society will now lose thousands of dollars that they were supposed to receive in donations. To them we deeply apologize.

We want to remind you that there will still be an entire day of Bluegrass pickin’ and grinnin’ at the Galt House on Saturday. The 3rd Annual “Itchin’ to Pick” Bluegrass Jam will begin at 10:00 Saturday morning and run all day and into the night.  It is free and open to the public.

We would appreciate no phone calls for the next few days because Ann & I are both sick and exhausted.  We wish you the best and hope to see you soon.

Harry & Ann
IP address Logged
TellurideTom
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 426

URL icon « Reply #99 on: March 17, 2009, 06:07:12 PM »

I've been out all day and just got this news! Now I'm upset. Mad
I just got off the phone canceling and changing reservations EEK!
Now my trip is just to see my great grandson and visit Nashville and friends in the area, so all is not a total loss.
I did miss out on seeing my granddaughter and great grandson in December due to health issues, so I'm still looking forward to the trip.
Thank goodness the Galt House was willing to refund everything, but it's too bad for the American Cancer Society. Flower
IP address Logged

Happy Trails....Wave

You can check out my Domain site or follow me on Facebook
420Sugaree
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #100 on: March 17, 2009, 09:01:27 PM »

I just read this on TheBluegrassBlog-dot-com

UPDATE 6:05 - The following statement came from Lorraina Aldridge, Associate Executive Director of the Greater Louisville Kentucky Area for the American Cancer Society.

"The American Cancer Society agreed to be the beneficiary of the proceeds from ticket sales from the Bluegrass Hotel benefit concert. The Bluegrass Hotel LLC agreed that the American Cancer Society name could only be used in relation to being the beneficiary of the event, and that all usage of the organization’s name needed to be approved by the American Cancer Society.

We have asked that the incorrect information posted on the Bluegrass Hotel website and on the MySpace page indicating that the American Cancer Society participated in a consultation with Bluegrass Hotel concerning the payment of artists be removed. The American Cancer Society was not involved in the logistics or planning of the event, including artist agreements, or conversations with artists."
IP address Logged

fstylemb1

Festivation rating 0

URL icon « Reply #101 on: March 17, 2009, 10:33:41 PM »

Another press release...

hmmm....

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE | Louisville, KY, March 17, 2009 - The Bluegrass Hotel is a Film and DVD project about the Newgrass music era of the 1970s in Kentucky, featuring original members of The Bluegrass Alliance and other bands from Louisville. A segment of the Project involved a March 20 benefit concert for the American Cancer Society at the Galt House Hotel & Suites.

The Producers and the participating Newgrass era artists have been working on this Project since 2008, starting with a launch announcement event at the IBMA Convention in Nashville, and a major segment of filming and production with all of the artists in Kentucky last December.

Due to recent issues involving filming schedules, and a high risk assessment of civil disorder at the venue caused by some fans upset with the artists who removed themselves from the line-up, The Bluegrass Hotel concert & festival is being re-scheduled for a fall 2009 concert to coincide with the broadcast of the film on PBS Television and the release of a DVD and Coffee Table Book at retail locations.

The Bluegrass Hotel project will be making an announcement soon regarding the re-scheduled date, which will feature a talent line-up of Newgrass era stars and artists. This concert will be free of charge for all the fans, and promises to be a once in a lifetime event, with special incentives.

Fans who purchased general admission tickets for the March 20 concert should contact www.ticketweb. com for refunds. Guests of the Galt House Hotel & Suites who reserved rooms for the March 20 concert & festival should contact www.galthouse. com for refunds.

This notification has no affiliation with the Itchin' To Pick event being held at the Galt House on March 21, 2009.

For more info contact:
The Bluegrass Hotel LLC
www.thebluegrasshot el.com
thebluegrasshotel@ yahoo.com
IP address Logged
420Sugaree
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #102 on: March 17, 2009, 11:16:00 PM »

Is Bill Millet a cyber-stalker? Right now, 17 March 2009, 11:15 p.m. MDT, The Bluegrass Hotel web site home page states:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE | Louisville, KY, March 12, 2009 - The Bluegrass Hotel is a film project about the Newgrass era in Kentucky of the 1970s, featuring the original members of The Bluegrass Alliance, New Grass Revival and J.D. Crowe & the New South bands.  Part of the film involved a March 20 benefit concert for the American Cancer Society in Louisville, Kentucky.  All of the participating artists in the film agreed to donate their performances for the benefit concert and to give all proceeds from ticket sales to the charitable organization, stating so at two Press Conferences on Dec. 13, 2008 and Feb. 13, 2009 at the Galt House Hotel in Louisville, KY.  Sam Bush appeared at the Dec. 13 Press Conference with the Executive Director of the charity organization.   

The Bluegrass Hotel Project has been attempting to negotiate agreements with Sam Bush and Tony Rice since Jan. 2008 to appear in the film, but paying those artists a fee to perform at a benefit event for the American Cancer Society was not included in the terms. Part of the process was negotiating a broadcast of the film on PBS Television, which was recently completed.  Therefore it came as a surprise to receive notification from Bush and Rice informing the benefit event that unless they were paid fees of $10,000 and $3000 respectively, they would not perform on March 20 at the Galt House Hotel.

After consultation with our charitable partner, it was agreed that paying these artists fees would take money the organization expected to make from the event.  Paying Mr. Bush and Rice, but not the other artists would also create an inequitable situation for all the other performers.  Based on that directive, we have declined to pay Bush and Rice fees to perform at The Bluegrass Hotel benefit concert on March 20 in Louisville, KY.
Sam Bush is a cancer survivor and his father recently passed away from the diseases.  New Grass Revival founder Courtney Johnson also died from cancer.  And Tony Rice is ill and presently not in good health.

The Bluegrass Hotel concert on March 20 at the Galt House in Louisville, KY features the original members of Kentucky's greatest Newgrass era bands, The Bluegrass Alliance, New Grass Revival and J.D. Crowe & the New South.  All proceeds benefit the American Cancer Society.

For more info contact:

The Bluegrass Hotel LLC
www.thebluegrasshotel.com
thebluegrasshotel@yahoo.com

Concert proceeds benefit American Cancer Society

And also at this time, "The News and Gossip" link on The Bluegrass Hotel web site states:

Special hotel room / concert ticket package just announced.
Details:
2 premium reserved concert tickets - FREE - with 1 room night (March 20, 2009) purchased from the Galt House Hotel @ special rate of $145. Available on a first come, first served basis.
Call the Galt House Hotel reservations @ (502) 589-5200 and give the reservation agent "The Bluegrass Hotel" group name.  Your room confirmation number will be good for 2 premium reserved concert tickets, sent to your home address via Ticketmaster, or will be available at the Will Call desk outside the Galt House Grand Ballroom prior to the concert March 20, 2009.  You will receive email or phone call confirmation of your free tickets.
For more info email: thebluegrasshotel@yahoo.com
IP address Logged

Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #103 on: March 17, 2009, 11:43:11 PM »

Is Bill Millet a cyber-stalker? Right now, 17 March 2009, 11:15 p.m. MDT, The Bluegrass Hotel web site home page states:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE | Louisville, KY, March 12, 2009 - The Bluegrass Hotel is a film project about the Newgrass era in Kentucky.......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monte,
I picked up on this a while ago. Each of these "Press Releases" have been tagged with a date. The one you posted above is from last week. Everyone needs to take a breather. Let's ride this one out for now and see what happens on the re-schedule for the benefit concert.

We love ya man. Thanks for the heads-up every step of the way.  Thumbs Up

Auntie Hope  :festivarian2 :green
IP address Logged

InFleckIt! at Hippo Campus
Flagstaff Jess
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Seize the Cocktail!

URL icon « Reply #104 on: March 18, 2009, 09:14:11 AM »

Another press release...

hmmm....

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE | Louisville, KY, March 17, 2009 - The Bluegrass Hotel is a Film and DVD project about the Newgrass music era of the 1970s in Kentucky, featuring original members of The Bluegrass Alliance and other bands from Louisville. A segment of the Project involved a March 20 benefit concert for the American Cancer Society at the Galt House Hotel & Suites.

The Producers and the participating Newgrass era artists have been working on this Project since 2008, starting with a launch announcement event at the IBMA Convention in Nashville, and a major segment of filming and production with all of the artists in Kentucky last December.

Due to recent issues involving filming schedules, and a high risk assessment of civil disorder at the venue caused by some fans upset with the artists who removed themselves from the line-up, The Bluegrass Hotel concert & festival is being re-scheduled for a fall 2009 concert to coincide with the broadcast of the film on PBS Television and the release of a DVD and Coffee Table Book at retail locations.

The Bluegrass Hotel project will be making an announcement soon regarding the re-scheduled date, which will feature a talent line-up of Newgrass era stars and artists. This concert will be free of charge for all the fans, and promises to be a once in a lifetime event, with special incentives.

Fans who purchased general admission tickets for the March 20 concert should contact www.ticketweb. com for refunds. Guests of the Galt House Hotel & Suites who reserved rooms for the March 20 concert & festival should contact www.galthouse. com for refunds.

This notification has no affiliation with the Itchin' To Pick event being held at the Galt House on March 21, 2009.

For more info contact:
The Bluegrass Hotel LLC
www.thebluegrasshot el.com
thebluegrasshotel@ yahoo.com

Is this guy delusional?  Seriously I don't know him from Adam and he scares me. 

high risk of civil disorder????  What does he think a bunch of middle aged die hard bluegrass fans are gonna do exactly?  Can you picture Hope tossing chairs across the lobby?  Tom standing on the concierge desk screaming "This aggression will not stand man!", just before he torches the place?

Puh-leeze.  DVD?  Coffee table book?  Who does he think he is going to have in it?  Um....NO BODY is willing to play with him...

What a trip  LOL

IP address Logged

Begin doing what you want to do now.  We are not living in eternity.  We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand and melting like a snowflake.  Let us use it before it is too late.   - Marie Bevon Ray
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC