Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 08:53:51 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Real Jamaican music in Nederland
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Real Jamaican music in Nederland  (Read 3508 times)
Rhythm in View

Festivation rating 1

URL icon « on: December 11, 2008, 06:48:24 AM »

This Friday night at the Pioneer Inn will be Michael Black and Jah Guide Band.

This an internationally loved Reggae band from Jamaica. Michael Black grew up with and has played with some of the most renowned artist in Jamaican music. Please come out for this rare chance to experience real world music above 8,000ft.

The Pioneer Inn is located in downtown Nederland right on First Street.

Root music from another world...

Now Playing icon Listening to: Leftover Salmon..."PASTA ON THE MOUNTAIN"
IP address Logged
Flagstaff Jess
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Seize the Cocktail!

URL icon « Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 10:00:33 AM »

Sounds like Friday is going to be a busy night for music in Nederland....hopefully folks can bar hop between both shows!
IP address Logged

Begin doing what you want to do now.  We are not living in eternity.  We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand and melting like a snowflake.  Let us use it before it is too late.   - Marie Bevon Ray
monkeygirl
Festivarian

Festivation rating -11

Rumbaaaaaaallllllsss!!!!!!

URL icon « Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 05:44:12 PM »

Yes... hopefully people will hop between both shows.  I personally love that the "booking agent" has availed herself of the opportunity that The Forum represents to get the word out about the music in Nederland.  Even if it is technically competing with The Acoustic's grand opening.

The important thing is that there is plenty of music to go around up here in Nederland!

xoxo R
IP address Logged

"I know I'm preaching to the choir, but nowadays the choir needs preaching too!" ~ Steve Earle
Rhythm in View

Festivation rating 1

URL icon « Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 02:00:05 PM »

No competition BABY,...Just talked to ES and they said they stop at 10:00pm,...just in time to check out the REGGAE UP THE STREET,...then go back for the pick,,...:)

I LOVE THE ACOUSTIC,...good luck this weekend,...I will be by for a chat!
:)

Now Playing icon Listening to: John Cowan,...."tomorrow morning"
IP address Logged
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC