Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 05:28:13 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Banjo used in brain surgery
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Banjo used in brain surgery  (Read 5625 times)
Bevin
Old Timer

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « on: October 15, 2008, 08:49:48 AM »

You have to sit through a short video advertisement, but this is definitely one of the craziest banjo solos ever...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7665747.stm

Now if only we could figure out a way to turn this into a new banjo joke.

Now Playing icon Listening to: this banjo solo - what else?
IP address Logged

Copyright 2009, a production of Camp Totally Lit - All rights reserved

"There's always a Clapper."
Flagstaff Jess
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Seize the Cocktail!

URL icon « Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 09:51:18 AM »

Hmmmm......

This gives me an idea.  I wonder if they can go in and REMOVE experiences....like my current job!  Once I am done with it I would love it if it no longer lived in my brain  Cheers

Hope everyone is having a great fall!
IP address Logged

Begin doing what you want to do now.  We are not living in eternity.  We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand and melting like a snowflake.  Let us use it before it is too late.   - Marie Bevon Ray
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 12:38:32 PM »

Thumbs Up Wow that is xtra cool Thumbs Up
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
ilovethelorax
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 01:54:28 PM »

Eew! Cool but still...so weird thinking of someone mucking about in your head while you play music. I wonder if his brain tickles every time he plays that piece now. Anyone know how he is? Did it work?

Now Playing icon Listening to: sam songs
IP address Logged

I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music.

George Eliot (1819-1880)
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 07:22:18 PM »

You have to sit through a short video advertisement, but this is definitely one of the craziest banjo solos ever...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7665747.stm

Now if only we could figure out a way to turn this into a new banjo joke.

Watchin’ that kinda made my butt pucker.  EEK! 

There are some positives that can come out of hand tremors though.

The Banjo (player) Joke:

Our story today takes place at Shady Grove Festivarian Rest Home. (stop me if you already heard this one LOL) Well, the residents of the home still true to their bohemian nature liked to gather after dinner for a nude soak in the hot tub. Mr. Guitar Strummer and Ms. Mando Picker were obviously attracted to one another and quickly became friends. Night after night they’d sit close, soak and talk. One night Mr. Guitar Strummer got up enough nerve to ask something of Ms. Mando Picker that had been on his mind practically since they had met. “I was just wondering” he said “Since we’ve become such good friends these past weeks” he hesitated “Well … maybe you could just put your hands on my (small) member?” Ms. Mando Picker, not being a young girl any more was still kind of embarrassed at this request, but, realizing we’re not here on earth forever, and thinking they might both get some enjoyment and companionship bashfully complied. Well, their little hot tub ritual continued on for quite a few nights until one evening Ms. Mando Picker was a little late getting to the hut tub and when she got there she found Ms. Banjo Plunker in her place all nice and cozy and with her hands under the bubbling water and out of sight and Mr. Guitar Strummer looking quite content. At seeing this Ms. Mando Picker surprised herself at her jealous reaction. She walked over and slapped Mr. Guitar Strummer across the head and said rather loudly “You cad, I thought we were friends and had a special arrangement and the first time I’m a little late for our “visit” I find you with this hussy, Ms. Banjo Plunker”. She continued obviously hurt, “Well let me ask you something, what’s she got that I haven’t got?” Without missing a beat (pun intended) Mr. Guitar Strummer replied, “Hand tremors”.
 Spill         

LOL LOL Rollin LOL LOL Pretty qiuck for a turtle Medal
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
Ron N Deb
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 08:51:48 PM »

Hmmmm so many thougts !!!!!!!!
But i Must SUR
 Cheers
IP address Logged

Peace N Love
Ron N Deb
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC