Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:35:31 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Make Love, Not Banjo Music!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Make Love, Not Banjo Music!  (Read 4417 times)
erndog
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 422

Festivate. Rinse. Repeat.

URL icon « on: August 06, 2008, 10:49:47 AM »

Saw this posted on Pollstar and it got me thinkin' about T-ride and Rockygrass.

I am sure the same phenomena is true for bluegrass festivals - I have seen a lot of little festivarians running around these days - but being that the crowd at Rockygrass and T-ride aren't necessarily local I guess it would be hard to quantify this.

What concerns me is 'Country Jam Director Steve Berg's' comments: "I certainly can't stop them from having sex. If we could stop it we certainly would."  WTF?  Like it's up to him?  Stay out of my tent, man!

http://www.pollstar.com/news/viewnews.pl?NewsID=10680

Sex & The Country Music Festival
Wednesday, Jul 9, 2008 4:14PM

Whether it's something in the water or the grooving sounds of country music, the aftermath of what one health officials calls Grand Junction's "Woodstock" drives up pregnancies in this city each year.

Nurse-Family Partnership supervisor Wanda Scott said referrals to her agency from the Mesa County Health Department quadruple every year after the music festival Country Jam. Scott told commissioners about the phenomena Monday during a presentation called, "How are the Children?"

Scott said on average the health clinic sees between 25 and 30 pregnancies a month. She says five weeks after the festival that number jumps to almost 80 a month.

The festival ran from June 26-29. Performers included Tim McGraw, Clay Walker and Sugarland.
"That's our Grand Junction Woodstock," Scott said, referring to the 1969 counterculture rock festival in Bethel, N.Y., featuring such acts as Jimi Hendricks and Janis Joplin.

Grand Junction is a city of about 50,000 about 245 miles west of Denver.

Country Jam Director Steve Berg said the information surprised him.  "I certainly can't stop them from having sex. If we could stop it we certainly would," he said.

Commissioner Janet Rowland said education could help prevent unwanted teen pregnancies but didn't know what else could be done to stop them "short of putting birth control in the water at Country Jam."

- Associated Press
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 10:52:03 AM by erndog » IP address Logged
Hooch
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

Freak Of The Rainbow Pork Lover

URL icon « Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 11:24:51 AM »

Hey Erndog.  I live in Grand Junction so am very familiar with Country Jam.  It's basically a drunken redneck brawl.  Not a festivarian crowd at all.  I would fully support any means to keep those people from reproducing!! 
IP address Logged

"There is nothing in the universe more exciting than a piece of bacon."

-Dan Phillips
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 11:33:26 AM »

LOL Is everyones name Ray and are they all related? Flower Wave LOL
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
Hooch
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

Freak Of The Rainbow Pork Lover

URL icon « Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 01:07:36 PM »

And they won't let you into the festival if you have too many teeth.
IP address Logged

"There is nothing in the universe more exciting than a piece of bacon."

-Dan Phillips
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 02:19:06 PM »

And they won't let you into the festival if you have too many teeth.
So yer sayin no one can whistle ?????? I bet they have plenty of clappers LOL
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC