Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:30:31 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  for Hooch the bacon king
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 50 Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: for Hooch the bacon king  (Read 402862 times)
Cindy Lou
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #60 on: July 11, 2008, 01:17:20 PM »

Christy it's too bad you can't eat some bacon. But what you said just might make some people  :hooch.  YOu  Evil woman you. (I'm kidding, you're not evil) And even with all that, I'm pretty sure folks will go on eating that pig flesh cuz it just tastes so darn good! Rolleyes
IP address Logged

"The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing. "  (Shunryu Suzuki)
Flagstaff Jess
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Seize the Cocktail!

URL icon « Reply #61 on: July 11, 2008, 01:21:34 PM »

So Now that there is a Bacon King, he needs a Nemesis Evil
Since I am allergic to Pork (bacon) I will take the horrible position.. Evil

Here are some handy facts about the US pork Industry:

Two-thirds of all pigs produced in the United States, or around fifty-three million animals a year, spend their lives in a total confinement pig farm. The pigs never see daylight until they are put on the truck for the trip to the slaughterhouse. Frown

One hog alone can excrete up to 17.5 pounds of manure and urine each day. On a factory farm with 35,000 hogs, over 4 million pounds of feces and urine are produced each week.
That amounts to over 200 million pounds of waste each year, on one farm. Even a smaller farm with 1,000 hogs will produce over 6 million pounds of waste each year (Water Pollution Control Research Series).
 EEK! EEK! EEK! EEK! EEK! EEK! EEK! EEK! EEK! EEK!
In the U.S., antibiotics are added to 90% of starter feeds, 75% of grower feeds and more than half of finishing feeds for pigs (Keep Antibiotics Working - Dec. 2003). huh huh huh

ORGANIC IS NO BETTER

They found traces of Salmonella in 39 per cent of pigs raised in standard indoor pens and routinely given antibiotics, but in 54 per cent of organic pigs raised outdoors without the drugs
Worse, the US team found two organic pigs with signs of infection with Trichinella, a roundworm that can cause chronic disease and even kill when people eat undercooked pork. Trichinella is nearly eradicated in livestock in the the US and Europe, though it persists in wildlife. Finding it in two pigs of the 600 tested is 23 times its average frequency in US pigs.

I motion for Camp Runamuck to not serve Pork!
It isn't environmentally friendly nor is it safe.
Make Runamuck Kosher!
(insert evil laugh here)
 LOL LOL LOL Evil LOL LOL LOL Evil LOL LOL LOL Evil LOL LOL LOL Evil LOL LOL LOL Evil LOL LOL LOL Evil

:hooch :hooch :hooch :hooch :hooch :hooch
IP address Logged

Begin doing what you want to do now.  We are not living in eternity.  We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand and melting like a snowflake.  Let us use it before it is too late.   - Marie Bevon Ray
Ron N Deb
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #62 on: July 11, 2008, 01:47:28 PM »

Hmmmmm
Maybe Christy should start her own Kosher Kamp
on another Planet
 LOL LOL LOL
 Evil Evil Evil Evil Evil Evil
 Festivarian
IP address Logged

Peace N Love
Ron N Deb
Hooch
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

Freak Of The Rainbow Pork Lover

URL icon « Reply #63 on: July 11, 2008, 04:20:44 PM »

So Now that there is a Bacon King, he needs a Nemesis Evil
Since I am allergic to Pork (bacon) I will take the horrible position.. Evil

Here are some handy facts about the US pork Industry:

Two-thirds of all pigs produced in the United States, or around fifty-three million animals a year, spend their lives in a total confinement pig farm. The pigs never see daylight until they are put on the truck for the trip to the slaughterhouse. Frown

One hog alone can excrete up to 17.5 pounds of manure and urine each day. On a factory farm with 35,000 hogs, over 4 million pounds of feces and urine are produced each week.
That amounts to over 200 million pounds of waste each year, on one farm. Even a smaller farm with 1,000 hogs will produce over 6 million pounds of waste each year (Water Pollution Control Research Series).
 EEK! EEK! EEK! EEK! EEK! EEK! EEK! EEK! EEK! EEK!
In the U.S., antibiotics are added to 90% of starter feeds, 75% of grower feeds and more than half of finishing feeds for pigs (Keep Antibiotics Working - Dec. 2003). huh huh huh

ORGANIC IS NO BETTER

They found traces of Salmonella in 39 per cent of pigs raised in standard indoor pens and routinely given antibiotics, but in 54 per cent of organic pigs raised outdoors without the drugs
Worse, the US team found two organic pigs with signs of infection with Trichinella, a roundworm that can cause chronic disease and even kill when people eat undercooked pork. Trichinella is nearly eradicated in livestock in the the US and Europe, though it persists in wildlife. Finding it in two pigs of the 600 tested is 23 times its average frequency in US pigs.

I motion for Camp Runamuck to not serve Pork!
It isn't environmentally friendly nor is it safe.
Make Runamuck Kosher!
(insert evil laugh here)
 LOL LOL LOL Evil LOL LOL LOL Evil LOL LOL LOL Evil LOL LOL LOL Evil LOL LOL LOL Evil LOL LOL LOL Evil

Honey Buns,

If you take your anti-bacon rant and replace every instance of the word "pig" or "hog" or "pork" with the word "human" and replace the word "farm" with "rat race" or "over-populated city" then you will get an equally factual and much more disturbing view of a situation that far exceeds the potential impact of yummy bacon.  While I cannot agree with your obvious hint that we consider eating other humans (the FDA has not yet approved humans for human consumption) I will respect your right to do so if that is your belief system.  I will not name any names but I do think there are several festivarians on this forum that would be downright tasty if cooked right.  Maybe with a light glaze and with a side of brocolli??  Yum!!!  But I digress....

My point, if I actually have one, is this:  The less bacon you eat just means that there's more for the rest of us!!!

And is your 'kosher' comment some sort of reference to the size of my nose????? 

IP address Logged

"There is nothing in the universe more exciting than a piece of bacon."

-Dan Phillips
Ron N Deb
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #64 on: July 11, 2008, 05:07:28 PM »

and with that Hooch
we go back to the FestyVirgin Sacriface
 Cheers
IP address Logged

Peace N Love
Ron N Deb
monkeygirl
Festivarian

Festivation rating -11

Rumbaaaaaaallllllsss!!!!!!

URL icon « Reply #65 on: July 11, 2008, 05:48:32 PM »

Two points to above posts spring to mind...

The first regarding tasty festivarians.  I honestly don't think that Jerry and Karl have adequate grilling space...

The second being that I'm not sure that the beer brewing and hooch making is done in facilities that have been blessed by a Rabbi.  So even if we eschew pork for tasty-festies... I have my doubts that we'll be able to make the claim of "Kosher Kamp." 

Just ask Krusty... it's very difficult to run a Kosher Kamp.  Any half-hearted attempts to do so may leave the camp vunerable to some kind of sacreligious spontaneous combustion; an undoubtedly spectacular display of flames, smoke and little glass-like balls of hardened hooch.

I vote we leave well enough alone... I don't eat much pork myself (with the exception of the pork in my chile verde), so I understand Christy's premise, but along with the concerns mentioned above, I'd like to mention one more concern: some of our campmates would be downright surly without their AM bacon.  I personally would rather feed them those little strips of greasy poison than risk ending up on the menu. 

After all, there are certain similarities between myself and a pig... don'cha just know?

xoxo R
IP address Logged

"I know I'm preaching to the choir, but nowadays the choir needs preaching too!" ~ Steve Earle
Ron N Deb
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #66 on: July 11, 2008, 06:30:54 PM »

Rhonny
Have I said I Love You
 Medal
 Cheers
IP address Logged

Peace N Love
Ron N Deb
tahoe gypsy
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

Bacon is the root of all Evil

URL icon « Reply #67 on: July 11, 2008, 06:32:00 PM »

How about we just keep the pork in a separate pan? Wink

But anyway I think I will get a pot bellied pig as a
service animal/camp mascot and name it ....
Hooch... Evil

Hooch the Man and Hooch the pig can eat bacon together and
discuss the pros and cons of cannibalism.
 Evil LOL Evil LOL Evil LOL Evil LOL Evil LOL Evil LOL Evil LOL Evil LOL

IP address Logged
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #68 on: July 11, 2008, 09:33:36 PM »

"I motion for Camp Runamuck to not serve Pork!"

Roberts Rules Called to Order.... One order of Bacon FOR THE MASSES, that is....

All Against the Motion Proposed in this thread to rid Camp RUN A MUCK of it's essensial, parasite infested, organic and/or prossessed, Non-Kosher, sliced thin, sliced thick, cooked limp, cooked well, burnt, and done so with the same set of tongs that were used to fish the flesh of the abelone mollusk from it's bath of deep fry oil and served on the same cutting boards and dishes that were used or Rick's Amazing Spaghetti Feed FOR ANYONE THAT WAS HUNGRY...

..... Please say NAY!

(modified by Telluride Tom to change the color so "Against" could be read)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 10:20:56 PM by TellurideTom » IP address Logged

InFleckIt! at Hippo Campus
TellurideTom
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 426

URL icon « Reply #69 on: July 11, 2008, 10:22:13 PM »

"I motion for Camp Runamuck to not serve Pork!"

Roberts Rules Called to Order.... One order of Bacon FOR THE MASSES, that is....

All Against the Motion Proposed in this thread to rid Camp RUN A MUCK of it's essensial, parasite infested, organic and/or prossessed, Non-Kosher, sliced thin, sliced thick, cooked limp, cooked well, burnt, and done so with the same set of tongs that were used to fish the flesh of the abelone mollusk from it's bath of deep fry oil and served on the same cutting boards and dishes that were used or Rick's Amazing Spaghetti Feed FOR ANYONE THAT WAS HUNGRY...

..... Please say NAY!

NAY! Flower  Long live (or be cooked) pork. Wink
IP address Logged

Happy Trails....Wave

You can check out my Domain site or follow me on Facebook
Cindy Lou
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #70 on: July 12, 2008, 01:06:37 AM »

run-a-muck without bacon is like a fiddle without strings, it just won't play out. Sorry Christie, but I can pretty much bet you'll be outnumbered on this particular issue.  Best to not try to "hambush" Hoochie koochie and the rest of us addicted-to-pig-flesh-fried-crispy humanoids.  But I do like the idea of a pot-bellied pig camp mascot.  It'll match the rest of us pot-bellied pothead hippies. Did I say that out loud?   EEK! We can make a cute little tie-dye shirt for it and its own muckmud pit to waller in.  We can have a greased pig contest for all the little kids, and then when they catch it you can tell them we're gonna roast it on Sunday with a hooch-soaked apple in its mouth and watch 'em cry. Or more likely they'll want to help. Eat it that is.

Now Playing icon Listening to: everyone gasping at the thought and jumping to their keyboards. ha ha joke's on you
IP address Logged

"The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing. "  (Shunryu Suzuki)
monkeygirl
Festivarian

Festivation rating -11

URL icon « Reply #71 on: July 12, 2008, 10:54:03 AM »

The vote is superfluous... none of the long-term members are going to advocate for a pig-free Run-A-Muck.  Not only would we have to change the name of the camp (gasp... Erndog?  Karl?  Can you even IMAGINE?!  Even Lisa and Neener would be upset to hear of that!), but we may even lose the cherry camping spot to boot!

I don't eat Pig (hell I don't even eat that much meat - double hell I don't even eat that much of my own verde, I make it with potatoes at home) and I say "It's so NAY; Nay isn't even necessary!" 

xoxo R

P.S.  Kisses Christy!!  I'm sorry G! I have to go with freedom of choice on this issue!

IP address Logged

"I know I'm preaching to the choir, but nowadays the choir needs preaching too!" ~ Steve Earle
g-luv
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #72 on: July 12, 2008, 10:56:34 AM »

I'm sorry G!

Hey, I haven't said one word here about you charred flesh eaters so leave me out of this!   Festival Mentality
IP address Logged
monkeygirl
Festivarian

Festivation rating -11

URL icon « Reply #73 on: July 12, 2008, 11:08:45 AM »

It was only out of respect for my veggi-festy friends!

Mad love!

xoxo R
IP address Logged

Courtney
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Festivarians Frolic Frequently

URL icon « Reply #74 on: July 12, 2008, 02:39:56 PM »

You all are absolutely crazy...that's why I miss you already.
 Flower
IP address Logged

Did I remember to tell you how much I love you guys?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 50 Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC