Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 04:39:42 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  for Hooch the bacon king
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 50 Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: for Hooch the bacon king  (Read 403058 times)
Hooch
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

Freak Of The Rainbow Pork Lover

URL icon « Reply #405 on: November 28, 2008, 07:27:16 PM »

Bet that was Yummy !
 Cheers

And Self-Basting!  LOL

Auntie Hope  pickin :green
Hope...message received.  Wow!  We had two turkeys at CSI Mike's but neither was bacon-covered.  We did, however, have bacon appetizers and hooch-enriched Woofed Cream (as opposed to "Whipped Cream").
IP address Logged

"There is nothing in the universe more exciting than a piece of bacon."

-Dan Phillips
Ron N Deb
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #406 on: November 29, 2008, 02:36:11 PM »

Just when you think that we are over the Top with this whole Bacon Thang

I Give you
Mr Bacon Pants

And for those of us Geeks
Bacon Memory

Cheers
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 02:56:12 PM by Ron N Deb » IP address Logged

Peace N Love
Ron N Deb
Cindy Lou
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #407 on: November 29, 2008, 03:13:43 PM »

Here's a good one for keeping those lips soft in the winter and summer here in the high country!  kiss

http://skullsandbacon.blogspot.com/2008/11/j-bacon-flavored-lip-balm.html

Love the bacon flashdrive Raw'n.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 03:17:07 PM by Cindy Lou » IP address Logged

"The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing. "  (Shunryu Suzuki)
Ron N Deb
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #408 on: November 29, 2008, 03:57:43 PM »

Hey Kids Im Playing Google God

Bacon Freak

This one looks like it has some great packages for Meat Wine
and ALL the food products we use to Festivate

back to Google ...
 Cheers
IP address Logged

Peace N Love
Ron N Deb
Hippie
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #409 on: November 29, 2008, 06:27:36 PM »

Thumbs Up bacon rice krispie treats - no oven required  Medal

Town park here we come  Cheers

:peace
IP address Logged

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. - Will Rogers
Cindy Lou
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #410 on: December 01, 2008, 01:45:19 PM »

Ladies and Gentlemen!!  And Ron!!!  I give you....

Bacon Ice Cream!!!

Cat Cora from Iron Chef was on the Bonnie Hunt show this morning.  She made bacon ice cream using liquid nitrogen, and it was frozen in about 2 minutes.  Could be a winner!  Thumbs Up Medal

Oh sorry that doesn't take you directly to it. You have to find the video on the right side of the screen. It is listed as "Iron Chef Cat Cora".
http://www.bonniehunt.com

« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 03:32:37 PM by Cindy Lou » IP address Logged

"The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing. "  (Shunryu Suzuki)
Ron N Deb
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #411 on: December 27, 2008, 09:32:25 PM »

woo hoo just got my Xmas gift to myself tried it out today !
Bacon Cheese jalipino !

Popper Grill

Cheers
IP address Logged

Peace N Love
Ron N Deb
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #412 on: December 28, 2008, 03:24:49 PM »

Hey Ron,

Did you Add Jalapeno Corer for only $3???  LOL

Auntie Hope  pickin :green
IP address Logged

InFleckIt! at Hippo Campus
Ron N Deb
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #413 on: December 28, 2008, 11:28:27 PM »

Yep !
and Im Getting the cookie press ...
the baggie thang didnt work worth a chit

Cheers

IP address Logged

Peace N Love
Ron N Deb
Debbiefromtucson
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #414 on: January 06, 2009, 11:50:50 AM »

WARNING!!! Bacon recall

Bacon bit products recall issued   
 News

May be contaminated with listeria monocytogenes

Sunday, January 04, 2009 at 3:45 p.m.

COLORADO -- Patrick Cudahy, a Cudahy, Wisc., firm, is recalling approximately 3,590 pounds of bacon bit products that may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service announced Saturday.

The following products are subject to recall:

· 10-pound cases of "Golden Crisp APPLEWOOD SMOKED PRECOOKED BACON TOPPINGS." The products bear the establishment number "EST. 28" inside the USDA mark of inspection as well as a printed Julian date of "8318."

· 10-pound cases of "John Morrell APPLEWOOD SMOKED PRECOOKED BACON TOPPINGS." The products bear the establishment number "EST. 28" inside the USDA mark of inspection as well as a printed Julian date of "8318."

The bacon bit products were produced on Nov. 13, 2008, and distributed to restaurant and institutional establishments in California, Colorado, Florida, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.

The problem was discovered through in-house testing by an establishment that received the product. FSIS has received no reports of illnesses associated with consumption of this product.

Consumption of food contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes can cause listeriosis, an uncommon but potentially fatal disease. Healthy people rarely contract listeriosis. However, listeriosis can cause high fever, severe headache, neck stiffness and nausea. Listeriosis can also cause miscarriages and stillbirths, as well as serious and sometimes fatal infections in those with weakened immune systems, such as infants, the elderly and persons with HIV infection or undergoing chemotherapy.

Consumers with questions about the recall should contact company Director of Customer Service Mike Reitz at (414) 744-2000.

Recommendations for people at risk for listeriosis:

Wash hands with warm, soapy water before and after handling raw meat and poultry for at least 20 seconds. Wash cutting boards, dishes and utensils with hot, soapy water. Immediately clean spills.

Keep raw meat, fish and poultry away from other food that will not be cooked. Use separate cutting boards for raw meat, poultry and egg products and cooked foods.

Do not eat hot dogs, luncheon meats, bologna or other deli meats unless reheated until steaming hot.

Do not eat refrigerated pâté, meat spreads from a meat counter or smoked seafood found in the refrigerated section of the store. Foods that don't need refrigeration, like canned tuna and canned salmon, are safe to eat. Refrigerate after opening.

Do not drink raw (unpasteurized) milk and do not eat foods that have unpasteurized milk in them.

Do not eat salads made in the store such as ham salad, chicken salad, egg salad, tuna salad or seafood salad.

Do not eat soft cheeses such as Feta, queso blanco, queso fresco, Brie, Camembert cheeses, blue-veined cheeses and Panela unless it is labeled as made with pasteurized milk.

Use precooked or ready-to-eat food as soon as you can. Listeria can grow in the refrigerator. The refrigerator should be 40 °F or lower and the freezer 0 °F or lower. Use an appliance thermometer to check the temperature of your refrigerator.

IP address Logged

Debbie from Tucson
Hooch
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #415 on: January 06, 2009, 01:08:04 PM »

Dang, I think I own about 2784 pounds out of the 3590 pounds of bacon that they are recalling!!!  Obviously buying ahead does not always make sense.

Hmmm...suddenly I don't feel so good.
IP address Logged

-Dan Phillips
ilovethelorax
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #416 on: January 07, 2009, 05:10:41 PM »

While it may be old hat to many of the afficiandos in our ranks, here's a little something to cheer you in these rough, troubled bacon times Hooch...

"More Ways To Consume That Heavenly Food - The fourth annual Big Tex Choice award for best taste this year (at a precursor event to September's Texas State Fair) went to Glen Kusak's chicken-fried bacon. Earlier in the summer, fourth generation candy maker Joseph Marini introduced chocolate covered bacon bon-bons at his stand on California's Santa Cruz Boardwalk. For the more sophisticated, restauranteur Don Yovicsin of Waltham, MA serves bacon-infused Absolut vodka (allowed to sit for four weeks' time and then filtered of the bits). For a Bacon Bloody Mary - add mix, a lime wedge, "barbeque rub" and a Slim Jim."

This "collected from the mainstream press by Chuck Sheperd for "News of the Weird" and printed in The Funny Times (a very humorous publication by the way)...

Now Playing icon Listening to: sam singing
IP address Logged

I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music.

George Eliot (1819-1880)
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #417 on: January 08, 2009, 07:54:09 AM »

BACON, BACON, BACON.... YUM love that BACON>>>>

I am gonna try my hand at making some bacon and cheese tamales for the Hooch mon.......
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
Debbiefromtucson
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #418 on: January 08, 2009, 08:07:27 AM »

I bought a chocolate candy bar with bacon pieces in it yesterday.. Yummy, but I think it would be perfect if it was kicked up a notch with some "spice" like habaneros or jalapeno flakes in it as well....
IP address Logged

Debbie from Tucson
Hooch
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #419 on: January 08, 2009, 09:57:41 AM »

Hey!  I'm still alive.  Go figure. And after those last 3 posts I'm back to craving bacon....recall or not.
IP address Logged

-Dan Phillips
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 50 Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC