Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 03:48:01 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  R.I.P. Dancin'Dave
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: R.I.P. Dancin'Dave  (Read 7014 times)
Maple Al
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

🍁

URL icon « on: October 31, 2018, 11:54:06 AM »

David “Dancin Dave” Elmer Versch, age 69 of Rhinelander, passed away unexpectedly Oct. 26, 2018. He was a long time festivarian and one of the first people to introduce me to the Telluride Bluegrass Festival. A huge fan of Doc and Merle Watson, New Grass Revival, Richard Thompson and especially Sam Bush. He will be missed on the bluegrass festival scene. Over the last thirty some years we became very close friends and had many mutual musical adventures.

A celebration of life will be held Saturday Nov. 3, anytime between 12 and 4 p.m. at The Alchemy, 1980 Atwood Ave., in Madison WI with a little music and light appetizers. Musicians are encouraged to bring instruments and play a song or two. Bar and restaurant menu will also be available for purchase.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Sam Bush
IP address Logged

Seeing Sam Bush from 1976 on...
TellurideTom
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 426

URL icon « Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 12:02:33 PM »

I'm so sorry to hear this news.
Although he wasn't allowed to do his business in Telluride I know a lot of people enjoyed the services he provided.
He will be missed for sure.
 Flower
IP address Logged

Happy Trails....Wave

You can check out my Domain site or follow me on Facebook
cactusmike

Festivation rating 1

URL icon « Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 08:02:16 AM »

Sad to hear this news.  I had the opportunity to use Dave's services at several festivals including the first NewGrass Festival that he organized in Bowling Green in 2009. My condolences go out to Lynn and his family.
IP address Logged
Mark J
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 06:00:35 PM »

Geeze Al....I didn't know this....that is sad.  I knew him for years as well...… 

David “Dancin Dave” Elmer Versch, age 69 of Rhinelander, passed away unexpectedly Oct. 26, 2018. He was a long time festivarian and one of the first people to introduce me to the Telluride Bluegrass Festival. A huge fan of Doc and Merle Watson, New Grass Revival, Richard Thompson and especially Sam Bush. He will be missed on the bluegrass festival scene. Over the last thirty some years we became very close friends and had many mutual musical adventures.

A celebration of life will be held Saturday Nov. 3, anytime between 12 and 4 p.m. at The Alchemy, 1980 Atwood Ave., in Madison WI with a little music and light appetizers. Musicians are encouraged to bring instruments and play a song or two. Bar and restaurant menu will also be available for purchase.
IP address Logged

Go Pack Go!
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC