Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 07, 2024, 08:44:01 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Gear Review
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Gear Review  (Read 61807 times)
Debbiefromtucson
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #60 on: May 06, 2007, 02:36:20 AM »

Anyone know where to get queen and/or double cots?
Sportsman Warehouse sells an XL model it's the widest I found and also has the highest weight rating (500lbs.) the run about $85.00. I don't believe they have an online store but it looed like Cabelas has the same cot with there name on it for about the same price. Driving

Thanks. I saw that.. I'm looking for a 2 person one -- 40 inches doesnt seem wide enough....Looking for something that the queen air bed wil fit on and we will have enough room....
IP address Logged

Debbie from Tucson
Hippie
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #61 on: May 06, 2007, 10:54:20 AM »

since you're using an air mattress why not just strap two single sized cots together?

Cheers

Now Playing icon Listening to: birds chirping outside in the morning
IP address Logged

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. - Will Rogers
Debbiefromtucson
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #62 on: May 06, 2007, 04:42:39 PM »

since you're using an air mattress why not just strap two single sized cots together?

Yes, guess that does make sense..... Why didnt I think of that? Thumbs Up
IP address Logged

Debbie from Tucson
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #63 on: May 06, 2007, 10:17:18 PM »

Debbie,

Zip ties work great for keeping the two cots together for the camp duration. To avoid the zip ties puncturing or rubbing a hole in the air mattress though you need to lay a thick blanket or comforter atop the cots and under the airmattress, which will also keep you warmer.

Hope Lin  pickin
IP address Logged

InFleckIt! at Hippo Campus
itsRick
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #64 on: May 07, 2007, 03:16:51 PM »

I did a lot of research looking for cots, I never saw a double wide? airbed stand
it looks like this is a good option?

Now Playing icon Listening to: Brandon Ryder/ man of conviction
IP address Logged

Gee WIZ Mr. Kesey, this sure is some swell Kool Aid!
TellurideTom
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 426

URL icon « Reply #65 on: May 07, 2007, 03:20:49 PM »

I did a lot of research looking for cots, I never saw a double wide? airbed stand
it looks like this is a good option?

Even though I've got one, and I use it in Telluride, there's one major drawback.
If the airbed leaks in the middle of the night it can be painful! EEK!
That's why i bring spare air mattresses! Thumbs Up
IP address Logged

Happy Trails....Wave

You can check out my Domain site or follow me on Facebook
Kaptain Karlos
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

2008 TBF Flamingo Slayer

URL icon « Reply #66 on: May 07, 2007, 04:06:45 PM »

Cabella's sells a double cot, but it is also incorporated into a mini tent.  Kind a cool... maybe the tent part can be removed.

The Kaptain
IP address Logged
Monkeygirl
URL icon « Reply #67 on: May 07, 2007, 04:35:08 PM »

I have a "little tent" that has a double-airmattress with a structure similar to an ez-up.  Then a tent over that, so that when I unzip my little tent, I'm still inside the bigger tent.  It has all kinds of pockets for organizing, etc.  It's handy for storing all of my "monkey stuff."  The "bigger" tent will also sleep another 3-4 people, with cramped quarters.  Certainly there would be room for two kids.  At one point, I had 5 teenagers in that tent, girls in the "bed/little tent", boys on full sized cots in the main tent, while I slept in El Huevo.  They all survived a torrential downpour that lasted 2 full days, and lived to tell.  (read:  they had enough room to not feel compelled to kill each other.)

I actually got mine at Sportsmen's Warehouse, but I've looked on their website and you can't see what they actually have online.  I'll get the name of the manufacturer and post that, when I get home.

Now... if someone can give me a good idea for repairing the six inch cut in this tent that my daughter left in it after she borrowed the damn thing...

xoxo
IP address Logged
Ron N Deb
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #68 on: May 08, 2007, 12:43:35 AM »

We have something like Rick posted I will get the name as well and post it

Cheers
IP address Logged

Peace N Love
Ron N Deb
Pink Lady

Festivation rating 10

URL icon « Reply #69 on: May 08, 2007, 10:31:40 PM »

Speaking of gear...... check out www.steepandcheap.com. It is an awesome site for great deals. They only post one item at a time until it is sold out, then they post another, then another..... I check it all the time.   We have scored backpacks, headlamps, clothes, etc, for great prices.  The customer service has been good and our gear has been delivered quickly.  Just an FYI for those who are interested.

See you all soon!!!

Alex  Wave

Now Playing icon Listening to: Our toad tank
IP address Logged
Monkeygirl
URL icon « Reply #70 on: May 08, 2007, 10:33:17 PM »

Speaking of gear...... check out www.steepandcheap.com. It is an awesome site for great deals. They only post one item at a time until it is sold out, then they post another, then another..... I check it all the time.   We have scored backpacks, headlamps, clothes, etc, for great prices.  The customer service has been good and our gear has been delivered quickly.  Just an FYI for those who are interested.

See you all soon!!!

Alex  Wave

Dude...

You had better check your private messages!  I have so many questions for you!

xoxo <----------- RHONNY!
IP address Logged
LuAnna
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #71 on: May 08, 2007, 11:21:20 PM »

hey. that is a cool site . sort of like Woot for the outdoor people. I like it. Thanks.

LuAnna
IP address Logged
arcticdesertnomad
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 111

Just chillin'

URL icon « Reply #72 on: May 09, 2007, 02:21:37 AM »

That's kinda funny.  I hear Woot all the time on my other home boards, but I never woulda thunk to hear that place mentioned here.  LOL
IP address Logged

In praise or lamentation
In peace or desperation
Any way I do, I come into
The presence of the Lord.

-Tracy Grammer
Matt and Becky
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #73 on: May 10, 2007, 03:26:48 PM »

Thanks for the heads-up on that website.  I just bought a new pair of bike tires for pretty cheap.

Matt
IP address Logged
LuAnna
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #74 on: May 11, 2007, 04:23:50 PM »

That's kinda funny.  I hear Woot all the time on my other home boards, but I never woulda thunk to hear that place mentioned here.  LOL

well, I for one , have Woot bookmarked and showing at the top of my browser. anyone else?

LuAnna

Now Playing icon Listening to: dog begging to go outside
IP address Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC