Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:41:25 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Festiroaming Suggestions?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Festiroaming Suggestions?  (Read 10871 times)
monkeygirl
Festivarian

Festivation rating -11

Rumbaaaaaaallllllsss!!!!!!

URL icon « on: May 15, 2008, 11:48:30 PM »

So tonight is my last night in my place... I have leased it out, furnished, for the next six months.  I bought a little used RV, have donated all of my business suits (well... almost all), made the tortuous decisions with regard to what to take and what to leave, stuffed what I'm taking into my motorhome and I hit the road tomorrow.

My first stop will be Road to Rich's Tye-Dye Extravaganza, 2nd will be Moab to paint a mural for a B&B; then perhaps on to Pagosa.  I have to return to SLC to sing at a friend's wedding and then... T-RIDE!

"Now why am I reading this?", you ask?  Well, because I don't know where to go from there and I would love some suggestions.  I plan to make Rockygrass, Targhee Bluegrass, and Winfield.  I'd like to get to NOLA to visit Courtness (  Wave ) and hopefully paint a mural somewhere where it'll brighten someone's day. 

Beyond that I've no clue!  So... hit me with your best shots!

Now Playing icon Listening to: Hideaway - The Weepies
IP address Logged

"I know I'm preaching to the choir, but nowadays the choir needs preaching too!" ~ Steve Earle
Kenny and DeAnne
Kinda digging this festival thing...

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 08:52:06 AM »

Hi Rhonny
Great Idea. A couple of years ago We left from TBF and took a road trip to Alaska and back. It was the greatest trip I have ever been on. I hope You have as much fun.
One suggestion I have for right after the Festival is that Joe Cocker is having a Home Town concert on Tuesday after the festival in Hotchkiss, He lives close by.
We are going to pull our trailer over there on Monday after we leave T-Ride spend a couple of nights and see a legend in his own back yard.
Much Love
Kenny & DeAnne
IP address Logged
BluegrassDustin
Administrator
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

Living Life With Delusions Of Banjur

URL icon « Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 09:22:58 AM »

I know of two other festivals that would love to have your attendance. Wink

You can check them both out here...
IP address Logged

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those
who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Seuss

"An intellectual snob is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture and not think of The Lone Ranger."   -Dan Rather
monkeygirl
Festivarian

Festivation rating -11

URL icon « Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 09:26:47 AM »

Hi Rhonny
Great Idea. A couple of years ago We left from TBF and took a road trip to Alaska and back. It was the greatest trip I have ever been on. I hope You have as much fun.
One suggestion I have for right after the Festival is that Joe Cocker is having a Home Town concert on Tuesday after the festival in Hotchkiss, He lives close by.
We are going to pull our trailer over there on Monday after we leave T-Ride spend a couple of nights and see a legend in his own back yard.
Much Love
Kenny & DeAnne

Thank DeAnne!  I think I will do just that!  I LOVE Joe Cocker (I just dialed him up on my iPod... much better than the sound of the mechanic working on my RV!).  Is this an outdoor venue?  Do you have a website or something I can check out?

Here's some festilove for you and your wonderful hubby!  Can't wait to see you two again...

xoxo Rhonny

Now Playing icon Listening to: Joe Cocker
IP address Logged

"I know I'm preaching to the choir, but nowadays the choir needs preaching too!" ~ Steve Earle
monkeygirl
Festivarian

Festivation rating -11

URL icon « Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 09:33:34 AM »

I know of two other festivals that would love to have your attendance. Wink

You can check them both out here...

Awww... Thanks Dustin!  I will be making it to Rockygrass.  Perhaps I should go ahead and give Folks a try as well, but that's two trips from Grand Targhee down to Lyons... in a ROW!  All of my blogs about gas prices and over consumption, notwithstanding.  Perhaps I can load the RV up with travellers and cut back that way.   Thumbs Up

Now Playing icon Listening to: Joe Cocker
IP address Logged

gwg123co
Wondering when Small Member status will be achieved.

Festivation rating 15

URL icon « Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 09:35:50 AM »

Congratulations, I am sure you will a ball.
If I had the time, I would be at String Summit.

http://www.stringsummit.com/
IP address Logged
Kenny and DeAnne
Kinda digging this festival thing...

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 09:41:51 AM »

Outside Yes.
Cocker.com

Are there any other Festivarians thinking of going?

Peace

Kenny & DeAnne

(edited by Telluride Tom to create a direct link) Flower
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 10:35:42 AM by TellurideTom » IP address Logged
Courtney
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Festivarians Frolic Frequently

URL icon « Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 10:25:40 AM »

What about Burning Man?  My friends have been going to that for years and love the creativity in all that is there.  There was a pleasure dome that sounded very interesting.  I'm not so comfy in the desert sun but I'm very tempted.
IP address Logged

Did I remember to tell you how much I love you guys?
ilovethelorax
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 06:13:34 PM »

Hey girl,
You know I'm going to second the Sumitt. Such a sweet hometown time. Another bit of fun in these parts will be the Pickathon Lineup looks sooo nice.  And you can scout for a place to land when your road-tripping adventure winds down. (Oh did I say that?... REALLY, Oregon is a terrible place to live - rains ALL the time...)  Wink

love, k

Now Playing icon Listening to: creaky doors and laughing kids
IP address Logged

I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music.

George Eliot (1819-1880)
RockyMtnGuy
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 0

Telluride Bluegrass Fest -- 2011

URL icon « Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008, 08:13:45 PM »

July 11-13 is the Happy A** Ranch Bluegrass fest .. between Lake George, CO and Elevenmile Reservoir (90 miles west of Colorado Springs on US 24) ... great 'little' Bluegrass fest.  Your rig should be able to handle the road there just fine.  From Lake George, go about 1 mile west to County Road 90. This road is marked: "To Eleven Mile State Park." Stay on the blacktop for 6.5 miles. Look for Forest Road 250, a dirt road on your right. It is not very well marked, but there is a sign post about 100 feet from the road and usually a sign for the fest at the turn-off (at least there was last year).  More info is avail. at www.grassitup.com.

/r

Kevin

Now Playing icon Listening to: Paolo Nutini -- New Shoes
IP address Logged

.. Any day above ground is a Good Day Wink
John R
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

...you know this space is getting hot.

URL icon « Reply #10 on: May 18, 2008, 05:48:16 AM »

If you're coming down to the southeast, plan it later in the summer and hit Magfest.  An awesome closeout to the summer season, and if you're still around, hit Mountainfilm on tour at the beach
IP address Logged

"hey man, can I get a copy?", "sure, of what?", "the whole festival"
Cindy Lou
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 07:56:42 PM »

Here's one you might like: http://pickininthepines.org/
If you are down near Cortez perhaps my old man can help you out with the RV.
He's a really fine mechanic.

Also: Labor Day weekend is great here.  www.folkwest.com   It is in Pagosa too.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 07:59:48 PM by Cindy Lou » IP address Logged

"The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing. "  (Shunryu Suzuki)
tahoe gypsy
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

Bacon is the root of all Evil

URL icon « Reply #12 on: June 06, 2008, 12:45:47 PM »

Here's one you might like: http://pickininthepines.org/
If you are down near Cortez perhaps my old man can help you out with the RV.
He's a really fine mechanic.

Also: Labor Day weekend is great here.  www.folkwest.com   It is in Pagosa too.

Yeah, that one looks great!
I love Valerie Smith, I babysat her daughter once, she's cool too!
IP address Logged
itsRick
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #13 on: June 08, 2008, 10:02:15 AM »

here's the one Ellen puts on in Missoula, it's free everyone, and there are many places to camp and crash around here! http://www.rivercityrootsfestival.com/
it fits in after Targhee Bluegrass.

Now Playing icon Listening to: A R E O P L A N E ! !
IP address Logged

Gee WIZ Mr. Kesey, this sure is some swell Kool Aid!
monkeygirl
Festivarian

Festivation rating -11

URL icon « Reply #14 on: June 08, 2008, 03:01:17 PM »

Thanks for your suggestions everyone!!  I am going to sit down and spreadsheet all this and see what I can make happen.  Cindy Lou... thanks for the offer of help with the RV.  Right now I'm having a problem just finding these stupid plastic bushings that are needed to make the windshield wipers work.  It seems that all the plastic bushings from that era (1976) have long since disintegrated. 

Ah well... such is life, right?!

xoxo Rhonny
IP address Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC