Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 08:29:20 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Telluride Bluegrass Festival (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  TBF Lost and Found
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: TBF Lost and Found  (Read 7290 times)
Kaptain Karlos
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

2008 TBF Flamingo Slayer

URL icon « on: April 08, 2008, 07:41:22 PM »

Maybe there's a thread for TBF Lost and Found.  I looked around but could'nt find one...

Last summer in Telluride at the Telluride Bluegrass Festival during the pre-fest activities at Camp Run-a-Muck during or after the BBQ'ed Oyster Feed I lost my digital camera.  There was only a one or two hour period where I left the camera laying on my backpack up against the fence where we were bbq-ing the oysters.  During this period I think the camera disappeared.  I plus others looked everywhere for it.  Even other camps I visited that evening before discovering it missing.  It was an Olympus camera, black body, in a black REI padded camera case.  Very expensive.  I had photo-recorded packing my truck and trailer, my road-trip from Northern CA to Telluride, and pre-fest events in Town Park, including the Oyster Feed, there were even pictures of me on the camera.  If someone were to scroll thru the pictures, they'd surely know who the camera belonged to or where to try to return it.  My personal info. was entered into the camera's memory.
Anyway... I thought I'd put this out there one more time before using my check from the Federal government to stimulate our sluggish economy... ie. buy another camera.
If anyone out there found a camera at last year's TBF that fits this description and wants to return it to it's owner, please contact me.  Many thanks...

Kaptain Karlos  Cheers

IP address Logged
erndog
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 422

Festivate. Rinse. Repeat.

URL icon « Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 07:18:54 PM »

Karlos -

I may have found your camera - I'll descibe some of the pictures and you can let me know if this is yours - -

1.  A photo a guy with a grey beard, a glass eye, and a wooden leg - - could be you?
2.  A photo of the same guy in a purple fuzzy jump suit wearing one of those jester hats with the bells on the ends, holding a pair of tongs??
3.  Some blurry pictures of sheep (I think)
4.  Same guy, with the jumpsuit, but this time the jump suit is zipped down a bit down the front, there is this very large woman with what looks like a mustache licking whipped cream off the the chest of the glass-eyed guy in the jump suit??
5.  Same guy, same woman with mustache, woman holding a "Happy Mother's Day" card
6.  More blurry pictures of what looks like sheep
7.  Same guy, wearing what looks like a Lederhosen outfit, but with a cone-hat and pointy shoe(s) in a flower garden somewhere
8.  Same guy, in a leisure suit and ascot, wearing a patch over the eye this time and a black pirate hat.  Name tag on the leisure suit says "Kaptain".  Great shoe(s), though!
9.  some more blurry pictures of sheep

IP address Logged
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 12:25:04 AM »

erndog,

Are there two black sheep laughing in the background of some of those photos?

Auntie Hope  pickin

Rockin
IP address Logged

InFleckIt! at Hippo Campus
connielv
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Denvers finest playing guess my weight

URL icon « Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 07:00:31 PM »

Karlos -

I may have found your camera - I'll descibe some of the pictures and you can let me know if this is yours - -

1.  A photo a guy with a grey beard, a glass eye, and a wooden leg - - could be you?
2.  A photo of the same guy in a purple fuzzy jump suit wearing one of those jester hats with the bells on the ends, holding a pair of tongs??
4.  Same guy, with the jumpsuit, but this time the jump suit is zipped down a bit down the front, there is this very large woman with what looks like a mustache licking whipped cream off the the chest of the glass-eyed guy in the jump suit??
5.  Same guy, same woman with mustache, woman holding a "Happy Mother's Day" card
7.  Same guy, wearing what looks like a Lederhosen outfit, but with a cone-hat and pointy shoe(s) in a flower garden somewhere
8.  Same guy, in a leisure suit and ascot, wearing a patch over the eye this time and a black pirate hat.  Name tag on the leisure suit says "Kaptain".  Great shoe(s), though!

Why Erndog.........I actually believe that camera you have may be your own. 

Upon close inspection of picture #2 (guy in a purple fuzzy jump suit wearing one of those jester hats with the bells on the ends, holding a pair of tongs) it is your image in the mirror behind the man holding the camera!

Did you forget that party you were at last weekend?!!!????!?!!      Drunk     Wink
IP address Logged

I'm faster than a greased monkey strapped to a bullet train.......-Carl Edwards (99)
Kaptain Karlos
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

2008 TBF Flamingo Slayer

URL icon « Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 10:26:12 AM »

Karlos -

Oh My God!  You have my camera!  Can't wait to see the pics I took... last year's TBF was quite a blur...

Karlos  :jester

IP address Logged
BluegrassDustin
Administrator
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

Living Life With Delusions Of Banjur

URL icon « Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 02:33:59 PM »

Karlos -

Oh My God!  You have my camera!  Can't wait to see the pics I took... last year's TBF was quite a blur...

Karlos  :jester

Clap

You were stressing out about that sucker last year. LOL

IP address Logged

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those
who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Seuss

"An intellectual snob is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture and not think of The Lone Ranger."   -Dan Rather
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC