Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 08:24:33 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Telluride Bluegrass Festival (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  which campground should I choose (lawson hill v. Illium)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: which campground should I choose (lawson hill v. Illium)  (Read 8446 times)
joshua

Festivation rating 0

URL icon « on: April 05, 2008, 09:33:24 PM »

Hi! We are new to the festival this year, and are wondering whether Lawson hill or Illium camping is right for us...
Which site has more of a party atmosphere?  Where do the families typically camp?  Which site would you reccommend for us? (we are in our mid twenties, and would like to be with a younger, more rowdier crowd if possible)
Thanks for your help, and see you there!
Joshua and Bridget

Now Playing icon Listening to: Weather Report Suite, The Dead
IP address Logged
TellurideTom
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 426

URL icon « Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 10:31:40 PM »

Sounds like you belong in Town Park. Wink
I never camped at the other sites, but from what I've heard Ilium is more family oriented. Cheers
IP address Logged

Happy Trails....Wave

You can check out my Domain site or follow me on Facebook
Matt
URL icon « Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 02:25:39 AM »

From what I've heard from people who have camped there, the Lawson Hill parties get shut down early, since it's in such an enclosed area.  Illium allows fires and people stay up late drinking and picking around the fires.
IP address Logged
BluegrassDustin
Administrator
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

Living Life With Delusions Of Banjur

URL icon « Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 08:14:33 AM »

From what I've heard from people who have camped there, the Lawson Hill parties get shut down early, since it's in such an enclosed area.  Illium allows fires and people stay up late drinking and picking around the fires.

I think this is closer to the truth.

I've got a few friends who swear by Illium. She and her sisters don't even bother with Town Park...they love the parties, people, and atmosphere of Illium.
IP address Logged

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those
who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Seuss

"An intellectual snob is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture and not think of The Lone Ranger."   -Dan Rather
sgoodnight
Wondering when Small Member status will be achieved.

Festivation rating 14

URL icon « Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 11:54:55 AM »

I've never stayed at lawson, but i've camped at illium the past 3 years.  If you like rivers, trees, mtns, and good people stay at illium.  If you like cramped, sun-baked baseball fields, stay at lawson (i assume the people there are as equally good as those at illium!)

see the thread below.

Illium campground
IP address Logged
WhiskeyBreakfast
Wondering when Small Member status will be achieved.

Festivation rating 2

URL icon « Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 05:02:45 PM »

Illium all the way..raging til sunrise..pretty sure someone even rolled a keg down a few years back. heh.
IP address Logged
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC