Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 03:28:05 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  The Kaptain checking in....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: The Kaptain checking in....  (Read 14837 times)
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #15 on: March 10, 2008, 05:17:14 PM »

oh and umm, Adam, if i can't manage to keep blueberries safe enough during an 8 hour flight, how will i keep lobsters fresh for 2, 650 miles of driving?  Rolleyes

Easy... buckle a fish tank into the front seat, and try not to bond with them too much on the long drive.  Flower

popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn
IP address Logged

InFleckIt! at Hippo Campus
Maineahhh
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Bluegrass makes me happy.

URL icon « Reply #16 on: March 10, 2008, 05:21:18 PM »

yeah, that would be a sight, uh Hope?? HA!!
IP address Logged

"A lot of the artists collaborate with one another on stage throughout the festival, leaving fans and musicians alike in awe. A bunch of us are old friends, and when we get here we want to band together... Anything goes here, people are ready for any kind of music." Sammy B on TBF
itsRick
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #17 on: March 11, 2008, 12:39:23 PM »

Okay Sarah, if you want to do Blueberries this year how about freezing them and using them as ice packs in the cooler!

Auntie Hope  pickin

haha, yeah, wouldn't want to make the same mistake as last year . . . although I got a nice pair of purple died pants out of the deal (however, not sure Continental airlines enjoyed my choice of seat color for their new upholstery).

oh and umm, Adam, if i can't manage to keep blueberries safe enough during an 8 hour flight, how will i keep lobsters fresh for 2, 650 miles of driving?  Rolleyes

they'll keep for weeks packed in ice. just don't ask them to share the driving. Driving
IP address Logged

Gee WIZ Mr. Kesey, this sure is some swell Kool Aid!
Maineahhh
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Bluegrass makes me happy.

URL icon « Reply #18 on: March 11, 2008, 02:06:07 PM »

that just sounds weird to me. we usually don't eat lobsters unless they were alive when cooked (awwww, man that's sad). And uh, sorry everyone, but this broke grad student soon to be real worlder can't afford lobsters for all you hungry people!
IP address Logged

"A lot of the artists collaborate with one another on stage throughout the festival, leaving fans and musicians alike in awe. A bunch of us are old friends, and when we get here we want to band together... Anything goes here, people are ready for any kind of music." Sammy B on TBF
Kaptain Karlos
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

2008 TBF Flamingo Slayer

URL icon « Reply #19 on: March 12, 2008, 03:25:20 PM »

Although not much rivals Maine blueberries I may actually have just the thing! A foodie pal included some canned (well, jarred) blueberries in our christmas gift package. I've been thinking of some sort of dessert topping but they'd be marvelous as a glaze for lamb. Say the Kaptain and they're packed in our gear.

love, kym

Oooooh... that sounds delicous Kym.  You bring the berries and I'll smoke the lamb!

Karlos

P.S.  Yessssss Anne... I did promise Hippie Jerry and others that I'd take it easy on everybody this year at the TBF regarding the amount of gear I show-up with and ask help with.  I've made a personal promise not to tow the trailer... but someone else can!  Evil

P.P.S.  Sarah - Erndog wants to drive the Love Bus from the East Coast out to Telluride this summer.  He has a big 12-volt cooler that will keep those lobsters alive... hint hint wink wink.  Cheers
IP address Logged
Debbiefromtucson
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #20 on: March 12, 2008, 03:44:57 PM »

Since Sarah is a poor grad student BUT those lobsters would be mighty fine- how about we establish a "lobster fund"?
And, honestly, I think they would do just fine in an aquarium strapped to the front seat...LOL

and you have given me some ideas..LOL.. We may go to Maine at the end of our summer road trip so boys and I will be driving back from there- I may pack the aquarium..... I would never have thought of this wonderful idea without all of you.....
IP address Logged

Debbie from Tucson
ilovethelorax
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #21 on: March 12, 2008, 11:36:58 PM »

Although not much rivals Maine blueberries I may actually have just the thing! A foodie pal included some canned (well, jarred) blueberries in our christmas gift package. I've been thinking of some sort of dessert topping but they'd be marvelous as a glaze for lamb. Say the Kaptain and they're packed in our gear.

love, kym

Oooooh... that sounds delicous Kym.  You bring the berries and I'll smoke the lamb!

Karlos

You're on. First thing on my list of the year. What an exciting moment!

Now Playing icon Listening to: incredibly sweet but slobbery dog snoring some more
IP address Logged

I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music.

George Eliot (1819-1880)
Pages: 1 [2] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC