Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 03:36:39 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  The Kaptain checking in....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: The Kaptain checking in....  (Read 14840 times)
Kaptain Karlos
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

2008 TBF Flamingo Slayer

URL icon « on: March 06, 2008, 05:37:09 PM »

Howdy Folks!  I finally secured a TP ticket for TBF 2008 and have decided it's high time to check-in and add my 2 cents worth to this forum from time to time.  So here we go... Last year in camp during the festival John R. roamed into camp and wondered out loud "Why doesn't Camp Run-A-Muck have a bunch of BBQ's in camp?"  After pondering over this question for about six months,  I said to myself "Vye-Olah!"  TBF 2008 is gonna be the year of BBQ over at Camp Run-A-Muck.  With plan in hand, I bought myself a smoker for X-mas and have been Q-in' on the weekends ever since perfecting recipies for brisket, pulled-pork, smoked turkey, baby-back ribs... all the bbq favorites plus one of my all-time favorite appitizers ... Atomic Buffalo Turds (don't worry... they're killer).  I'm even considering buying another pit so we have ample rack space for all the food I'm hopin' to Q!  Well, that's it for now... Hope everyone is happy, healthy, and gearin'-up for Telluride!

Hasta Luego

Kaptain Karlos :dog
IP address Logged
Debbiefromtucson
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 07:36:53 PM »

YUM-O Karlos..... Can't wait, I'm starting to drool already
IP address Logged

Debbie from Tucson
ilovethelorax
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 08:44:22 PM »

Glad to hear your ticketed and have such yummy sounding plans. Holy smoke you sound ambitious. Don't hurt yourself!

Now Playing icon Listening to: light the shade...xavier rudd
IP address Logged

I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music.

George Eliot (1819-1880)
semicharmed314
Small Member

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 09:01:05 PM »

Karlos I thought you were going to take it easy this year!
IP address Logged

It'll turn up.
Courtney
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Festivarians Frolic Frequently

URL icon « Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 08:00:49 AM »

Holy smoke ...

LOL  Pipe  Rollin Clap

Hi Kaptain, or should that be "Ai Ai Kaptain''
 Pirate

Now Playing icon Listening to: The clock chiming, time to go to work
IP address Logged

Did I remember to tell you how much I love you guys?
Maineahhh
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Bluegrass makes me happy.

URL icon « Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 09:46:24 AM »

TBF 2008 is gonna be the year of BBQ over at Camp Run-A-Muck. 

words can't express my excitement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I may be on a mostly raw diet (um, except for ABGAT and festival time) . .  but there are very few things i love more than good ol' barbeque . . . and one is spending time with run-a-muckers and friends, SO, the BBQ news just made me that much more crazy with anticipation  Flower i know it's early, but let me know if I can help! Anything I can bring from maine?
IP address Logged

"A lot of the artists collaborate with one another on stage throughout the festival, leaving fans and musicians alike in awe. A bunch of us are old friends, and when we get here we want to band together... Anything goes here, people are ready for any kind of music." Sammy B on TBF
Maineahhh
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 09:46:56 AM »

OOPS, sorry Karl, forgot to say HI!  Wave

good to hear from you
IP address Logged

"A lot of the artists collaborate with one another on stage throughout the festival, leaving fans and musicians alike in awe. A bunch of us are old friends, and when we get here we want to band together... Anything goes here, people are ready for any kind of music." Sammy B on TBF
TheBanjomatic
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 10:24:16 AM »

Anything I can bring from maine?

MMmmm....  grilled lobsta  Thumbs Up
IP address Logged

If a banjo player picks in the woods, and no one is there to hear him.... is he still making an awful lot of noise?
Hippie
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 10:51:32 AM »

I'll second that, how bout some cranberries for the cranberry glaze that goes on the lamb? Blueberries could also work Wink

Cheers

Now Playing icon Listening to: Spring Creek
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 10:53:17 AM by Hippie » IP address Logged

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. - Will Rogers
ilovethelorax
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 12:19:38 PM »

Although not much rivals Maine blueberries I may actually have just the thing! A foodie pal included some canned (well, jarred) blueberries in our christmas gift package. I've been thinking of some sort of dessert topping but they'd be marvelous as a glaze for lamb. Say the Kaptain and they're packed in our gear.

love, kym

Now Playing icon Listening to: the duhks
IP address Logged

I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music.

George Eliot (1819-1880)
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 12:22:40 PM »

I'll second that, how bout some cranberries for the cranberry glaze that goes on the lamb? Blueberries could also work Wink

Cheers

Okay Sarah, if you want to do Blueberries this year how about freezing them and using them as ice packs in the cooler!

Auntie Hope  pickin
IP address Logged

InFleckIt! at Hippo Campus
Maineahhh
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 04:38:31 PM »

Okay Sarah, if you want to do Blueberries this year how about freezing them and using them as ice packs in the cooler!

Auntie Hope  pickin

haha, yeah, wouldn't want to make the same mistake as last year . . . although I got a nice pair of purple died pants out of the deal (however, not sure Continental airlines enjoyed my choice of seat color for their new upholstery).

oh and umm, Adam, if i can't manage to keep blueberries safe enough during an 8 hour flight, how will i keep lobsters fresh for 2, 650 miles of driving?  Rolleyes

IP address Logged

TheBanjomatic
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #12 on: March 10, 2008, 04:42:43 PM »

oh and umm, Adam, if i can't manage to keep blueberries safe enough during an 8 hour flight, how will i keep lobsters fresh for 2, 650 miles of driving?  Rolleyes

Easy... buckle a fish tank into the front seat, and try not to bond with them too much on the long drive.  Flower
IP address Logged

If a banjo player picks in the woods, and no one is there to hear him.... is he still making an awful lot of noise?
TellurideTom
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 426

URL icon « Reply #13 on: March 10, 2008, 04:51:22 PM »

haha, yeah, wouldn't want to make the same mistake as last year . . . although I got a nice pair of purple died pants out of the deal (however, not sure Continental airlines enjoyed my choice of seat color for their new upholstery).

No, we don't want another disaster happening!
IP address Logged

Happy Trails....Wave

You can check out my Domain site or follow me on Facebook
gipper0324
Old Timer

Festivation rating 420

<click!>

URL icon « Reply #14 on: March 10, 2008, 05:13:13 PM »

...how will i keep lobsters fresh for 2, 650 miles of driving?  Rolleyes

Easy... buckle a fish tank into the front seat, and try not to bond with them too much on the long drive.  Flower

Just remember, they do not qualify as a carpooler...   Driving

I found that out the hard way when I was driving back from Flagstaff with DukTape Man last year.   EEK!

He still owes me for the tickets...   Spill

PS Great pic, Adam!
IP address Logged

"He's only gone crazy once. Decided to stay." - Townes Van Zandt
Pages: [1] 2 Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC