Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:05:10 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Announcing Delfest 2008--Cumberland MD
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Announcing Delfest 2008--Cumberland MD  (Read 9879 times)
pickinonthefarm

Festivation rating 0

URL icon « on: December 21, 2007, 11:59:56 AM »

McCoury Music and High Sierra Music Present The 1st Annual DelFest

May 23-25, 2008
Allegany County Fairgrounds, Cumberland, MD

Bluegrass master Del McCoury just announced he would be hosting a world-class music festival over Memorial Day weekend in 2008. In addition to traditional stage sets by the wide range of artists, attendees can expect to see one-of-a-kind collaborations, special guest sit-ins, and various tributes to Del McCoury and his musical legacy. Though the inaugural lineup is still being built, it’s clear that the bluegrass patriarch’s wide-ranging appeal and cross-genre friendships are shaping the 3-day program.

Rounding out the program, Delfest will include a band competition, with the winners invited to return for a regular set at the following year’s gathering. Yet while music will be central to Delfest, every aspect of the festival experience will be shaped by its host’s concern for and appreciation of the fans. “I’ve had opportunities to host a festival before,” says McCoury, “but I always thought that if I was going to do it, I’d want to make sure that it was done right.”

The festival will offer interactive children's programs, a craft fair featuring regional and international artisans, and an eclectic food court along with the chance to simply relax and camp with good friends in a festive environment.

DELFEST 2008 INITIAL LINE-UP
Three days of The Del McCoury Band • Vince Gill • Dierks Bentley • Keller Williams and The Keels
David Grisman Bluegrass Experience • Abigail Washburn & The Sparrow Quartet feat. Bela Fleck
Sam Bush Band • Punch Brothers feat. Chris Thile • Railroad Earth plus many more to be announced!

For info and tickets visit:
http://www.delfest.com

IP address Logged
Maineahhh
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Bluegrass makes me happy.

URL icon « Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 12:03:21 PM »

ahhhhhhhhh! so many festivals, so many fuel expenses! what a line-up . . . i wanna gooooooooooo
IP address Logged

"A lot of the artists collaborate with one another on stage throughout the festival, leaving fans and musicians alike in awe. A bunch of us are old friends, and when we get here we want to band together... Anything goes here, people are ready for any kind of music." Sammy B on TBF
Mandojosh79
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 03:14:04 PM »

Bluegrass by Bike....
Just a little jaunt down the eastern seaboard.
IP address Logged

Gonna raise me an army some tough sons of bitches
Gonna recruit my army from the orphanages.
BillyBeru
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

"Good evening, music lovers!"

URL icon « Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 08:56:22 PM »

YES!!!! Finally!!! A festival only 2 hours away from my home!!!  :hop :hop :hop

Festivarians, come on over to Washington, DC for the week. We are going to have a blast!
IP address Logged

"How many of you have been at the festival all four days?"
BREWHEAD
Kinda digging this festival thing...

Festivation rating 14

URL icon « Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 04:26:09 PM »

We just created a myspace profile for DELFEST, check out the arial view of the Allegany County Fairgrounds, listen to never released live tracks from DMB. Join as a myspace friend be the first to hear about new acts added to the bill, late breaking news and special offers.

Visit http://www.myspace.com/delfest

DELFEST MAY 23, 24, & 25th Allegany County Fairgrounds Cumberland, MD

Early Bird Tickets only $99 until FEB 2nd! www.delfest.com

High In The Sky At Allegany County Fairgrounds - Cumberland, MD

IP address Logged
BREWHEAD

Festivation rating 14

URL icon « Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 04:50:10 PM »

This just in from the Delfest Headquarters in Nash-Vegas, TN: The Emmitt Nershi Band have been added to the Delfest line-up. They will be joining The Del McCoury Band along with Davisson Brothers Band, Keller & The Keels and Railroad Earth for a prime time set on the main stage.

Early Bird tickets for DELFEST 2008 are already on sale for only $99 until FEB 4th!
VIP & RV Packages Available

visit www.delfest.com & www.myspace.com/delfest

DELFEST 2008
MAY 23, 24 & 25th
Allegany County Fairgrounds
Cumberland, MD

VISIT www.delfest.com & myspace.com/delfest

Three Nights of Del McCoury Band

FRI. 5/23/08
Del McCoury Band
Keller & The Keels
Emmitt Nershi Band
Railroad Earth
Davisson Brothers Band

SAT 5/24/08
Del McCoury Band
Vince Gill
Sam Bush Band
Railroad Earth
David Grisman Bluegrass Experience
Sparrow Quartet w/ Bela Fleck

SUN 5/25/08
Del McCoury Band
Dierks Bentley
Punch Brothers w/ Chris Thile

more acts tba soon as they are confirmed

We are coming to you folks first to see if you would be interested in being on the DELFEST street team and help promote this epic event! This project will take serious dedication, and only those who are able to fully commit themselves to this task need sign up. You will be earning a 3-day pass to DelFest in ADVANCE for 12 full hours of volunteer work you do. We understand this requires a big commitment which is why we are coming to you first! Check out the DelFest website to read all the details on the event. If interested in being apart of the DELFEST Street Team send a email asap to delfeststreetteam@yahoo.com and include your full name, mailing address and contact numbers and we’ll get you on board and send you the DELFEST STREET TEAM LETTER & APPLICATION FORM.

See you on the wild side of Cumberland
IP address Logged
Maineahhh
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Bluegrass makes me happy.

URL icon « Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 06:31:14 PM »

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tempting! what a line up! AHH!!! I have to pick and choose (though, grad student), and I think merlefest has my vote this year (and of course, t-ride, but that's just a given) . . .
IP address Logged

"A lot of the artists collaborate with one another on stage throughout the festival, leaving fans and musicians alike in awe. A bunch of us are old friends, and when we get here we want to band together... Anything goes here, people are ready for any kind of music." Sammy B on TBF
BREWHEAD

Festivation rating 14

URL icon « Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 09:06:28 PM »

See at Merlefest you can't camp on site, you can't get your party on, you can't tape, you can't get your dance on and usually it is too packed to enjoy the music.  At Delfest you can do all of the above!:cheers

Early Bird Tickets only $99 at www.delfest.com

Visit www.myspace.com/delfest

Now Playing icon Listening to: To Live Tracks On The Delfest Myspace Profile
IP address Logged
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC