Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 04:04:03 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Merlefest
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Merlefest  (Read 7894 times)
Maineahhh
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Bluegrass makes me happy.

URL icon « on: December 11, 2007, 02:23:40 PM »

Heyooo!

Any festivarians out there in the Wilkesboro area (or those who have been going for years and know their way around) that can help me figure out getting to/from the festival grounds from the airport, or even, which airport to fly into?

Thanks!
IP address Logged

"A lot of the artists collaborate with one another on stage throughout the festival, leaving fans and musicians alike in awe. A bunch of us are old friends, and when we get here we want to band together... Anything goes here, people are ready for any kind of music." Sammy B on TBF
BillyBeru
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

"Good evening, music lovers!"

URL icon « Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 02:35:47 PM »

Heyooo!

Any festivarians out there in the Wilkesboro area (or those who have been going for years and know their way around) that can help me figure out getting to/from the festival grounds from the airport, or even, which airport to fly into?

Thanks!

Punchy should have a good read on this since he lives in Davidson, North Carolina and will be attending.

Punchy?
IP address Logged

"How many of you have been at the festival all four days?"
gipper0324
Old Timer

Festivation rating 420

<click!>

URL icon « Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 04:32:05 PM »

Check the Appalachia board, too, li'l lady...

There was some chatter about M'fest in there.  Wave
IP address Logged

"He's only gone crazy once. Decided to stay." - Townes Van Zandt
LuAnna
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 06:11:07 PM »

Sarah, I am flying into Charlotte (probably on Wednesday night) i have both rented a car and found a ride with someone else.   I think any of the 3 airports are about as close... but  I can get the best price into Charlotte so I choose that one... and then I am about an hour and half from Wilkesboro.    email me....

LuAnna
IP address Logged
Maineahhh
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 09:18:35 PM »

well athankya everyone! Luanna, I'll email ya tonight :)
IP address Logged

"A lot of the artists collaborate with one another on stage throughout the festival, leaving fans and musicians alike in awe. A bunch of us are old friends, and when we get here we want to band together... Anything goes here, people are ready for any kind of music." Sammy B on TBF
Punchy
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

FESTIVAAAAAAL!!!!!

URL icon « Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 07:31:39 AM »

Sarah, glad to hear that you will be coming to Merlefest...you, LuAnna and I need to make to plans to meet up.

As for airports your best bets are Charlotte or Greensboro...the driving time is about the same between the two.  Sounds like you and LuAnna might have something worked out in terms of getting there but should something go awry, let me know...I'm close to the Charlotte airport.

I am planning on going all 4 days but will be driving back and forth each day.

Cheers

Now Playing icon Listening to: The Soft Parade - The Doors
IP address Logged

"I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”

They are my friends because ... I forget ... they're just my friends.
Maineahhh
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 10:03:20 AM »

Thanks for the heads up! i am still not 100% sure I can go, it really depends on how much it's gonna cost me to get down there and camp. I wonder if they have special set ups for four day volunteers? I've already been accepted and assigned volunteer shifts for the four days . . . but i don't really know about the camping situation down there . . . if it all works out, we should definately all get together and represent the fam!
IP address Logged

Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC