Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 06:25:10 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  question on chairs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: question on chairs  (Read 5220 times)
footyfree

Festivation rating 10

URL icon « on: June 07, 2014, 05:13:40 PM »

I'll be at tbf and rockygrass.  Have a muscular condition that prohibits me from sitting in the low profile chair for any length of time.  I know the rules about the basketball thing.  I usually just lie on the tarp with a pillow, which is not ideal.

Anyone know if I can use a camping chair recliner that, in the reclined position, puts me at a height that is akin (perhaps only a couple inches higher?) to someone sitting erect in a low profile chair?

Handicapped accessible spots aren't of interest btw.

I sent PB a message on this but I know they're busy and would like to know asap so reaching out to you folks

thanks!

J

Now Playing icon Listening to: gospels
IP address Logged
Bevin
Old Timer

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 07:42:03 AM »

The rule about "Festival compliant low back chairs" at Telluride applies from the big central/lateral pathway forward to the stage (the front half of the field).  Behind that path regular size, folding "high back" chairs are allowed.
IP address Logged

Copyright 2009, a production of Camp Totally Lit - All rights reserved

"There's always a Clapper."
footyfree

Festivation rating 10

URL icon « Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 11:14:05 AM »

sorry - should have specified that my group always tarps in front of that walkway so I'm wondering about that part of the field.  thanks, Bevin.

(are you the Bevin of fiddle player fame - TSR?)

J

Now Playing icon Listening to: practicing My Better Years
IP address Logged
ebb01
Small Member

Festivation rating 20

URL icon « Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 12:51:38 PM »

In my opinion, it is fairer to ask those in your own group to accomodate you by setting their tarp further back where you can use any chair to make yourself comfortable, than it is to block others who try to abide the rules that PB establishes to provide enjoyment for most.
IP address Logged
footyfree

Festivation rating 10

URL icon « Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 05:25:10 PM »

yeah I'd never want to impact others' enjoyment.  I'll figure it out. just wondered if any of you knew the deal and hoping I can lay low in the longer chair.  If not, so be it.  thanks folks

Now Playing icon Listening to: can't take my eyes off you
IP address Logged
yojo
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

And the live show is still our main thing. - J.G.

URL icon « Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 04:27:08 PM »

If you're just a few inches higher than the other low back chairs I'd say you will be just fine, also- try to get your friends to get the space directly in front of the sound board, if that's possible. But really, in the end, everything will work out...always does.
IP address Logged
footyfree

Festivation rating 10

URL icon « Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 04:45:56 PM »

yup.  always does.

I'll see you and the other 1,000s of my best friends there.  You'll know it's me - the guy they move to the back for obstructing everybody's view.

Ha!

Excitement abounds!

Now Playing icon Listening to: The Future Remains
IP address Logged
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC