Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 03:23:32 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Official word from Planet Bluegrass on the Flood and How to Help?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Official word from Planet Bluegrass on the Flood and How to Help?  (Read 6965 times)
Ice Tre
Small Member

Festivation rating 120

URL icon « on: September 19, 2013, 07:40:22 PM »

It would be good if there was an official post by the staff of Planet Bluegrass on what sort of help they could use, and how to donate.  That's probably not possible for Craig and the ones who were evacuated from Lyons, but perhaps another staff member who wasn't impacted as badly would have time to post something?  I suggest putting it on the bluegrass.com homepage, as well as her in the forum.  Then we can spread the word via email, etc.

Now Playing icon Listening to: "What Have You Done to Lift Somebody Up?" by Paul Thorn
IP address Logged
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 10:26:29 AM »

Wave still in it, give them some time and space to asses. We are all still on closed roads and some danger of getting just plain ol in the way...lots of lines out and it will take a bit to re evaluate the damage. The bridge is unsafe as told on the news so let us sit back and wait. They know we love them and are ready as we can be to help in any way possible.

Cheers
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
TellurideTom
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 426

URL icon « Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 11:12:09 AM »

There actually was this posted on the Planet Bluegrass Facebook page:

Dearest Festivarians, Thank you so so much for the outpouring of love and support. You have helped keep our spirits high as last week's historic flood caused devastating destruction to our beloved town of Lyons, to our local community, and to the Planet Bluegrass Ranch. As the waters continue to drop, know that we are all safe and deeply committed to welcoming Festivarians back to Lyons for the 2014 summer festivals. For those that are able to lend a hand, there will be opportunities to help with Planet Bluegrass's recovery in the coming months. But right now we encourage you to help fellow members of our community who are in immediate need by supporting the Lyons Community Foundation at http://lyonscf.org/.
With much love,
The Folks on Planet Bluegrass.
IP address Logged

Happy Trails....Wave

You can check out my Domain site or follow me on Facebook
Ice Tre
Small Member

Festivation rating 120

URL icon « Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 11:46:41 AM »

I just saw the new post on the bluegrass.com homepage by Brian.  Also Steve Syzmanski replied to an email from me with the same message.  It will be awhile before they know the extent of the damage and what they'll get from insurance.  Then they'll let us know how we can help.  Meanwhile they want us to donate to the Lyons fund (see bluegrass.com) to help all the townspeople. 
IP address Logged
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 10:08:58 AM »

There actually was this posted on the Planet Bluegrass Facebook page:

Dearest Festivarians, Thank you so so much for the outpouring of love and support. You have helped keep our spirits high as last week's historic flood caused devastating destruction to our beloved town of Lyons, to our local community, and to the Planet Bluegrass Ranch. As the waters continue to drop, know that we are all safe and deeply committed to welcoming Festivarians back to Lyons for the 2014 summer festivals. For those that are able to lend a hand, there will be opportunities to help with Planet Bluegrass's recovery in the coming months. But right now we encourage you to help fellow members of our community who are in immediate need by supporting the Lyons Community Foundation at http://lyonscf.org/.
With much love,
The Folks on Planet Bluegrass.
TTom why do you do that. I am not mr. wizard I just try to express and be helpful. Not to misguide and no harm done so stop it. I have been staying away from Fb so I was not informed.

Have a wonderful day, bend it, shape it, any way you want it, Wave tolerence, patience and persistence to all. Medal
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
Maple Al
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

🍁

URL icon « Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 12:07:07 PM »

I had a nice chat with the folks at Steamboat Mountain natural foods in Lyons yesterday. They are open for business and had little damage from the flood but report business as slow. But they are hopeful that with power and gas coming back on line things should pick up soon. So I think that they are like most businesses in Lyons they could customers spending money to help get back to a new normal. So if you live near Lyons go spend some, have lunch, buy some maple syrup or whatever. This is what will help.
IP address Logged

Seeing Sam Bush from 1976 on...
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 09:21:32 AM »

Medal

That is the truth Al Cheers.

So many ready to help it restores your faith in goodness and people. PBG instills family through tradition and music. Me too on that honored to know and have you in my world.

All those old photos of the Ranch....makes me want to look at a then and now pic. Flower Memories now being built on memories Medal
The Town of Lyons is going to be better then ever! Solidify, dig in... It will get there soon.  Medal

I am glad you did not finish that Coffee Table Book Medal Story line changed. Flower
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 07:11:34 PM by landshark » IP address Logged

Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC