Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 11:41:07 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Daniel's making a CD!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Daniel's making a CD!  (Read 16146 times)
HuckinFappy
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Jammin w' Jaco

URL icon « on: January 07, 2013, 09:21:04 PM »

This could have gone on the TBF Forum, or the Song School one, or the colorado one...so I just stuck it here.   Hope enough folks see it. 

A lot of us know Daniel Lindsey from either Town park or Song School.   If you don't, here's a link to one  of his songs.

Anyhow, he's trying to raise money to record his first album, so he's  going the crowd-sourcing route.  Could you spare a couple of bucks to  help a Colorado singer-songwriter make his mark?

Check out his Indiegogo link and he can explain it all in his own words:

http://www.indiegogo.com/daniellindseydaybyday

Thanks all!

~Jeff
IP address Logged
Hot Sugar
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

Camp Run a Muck

URL icon « Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 11:43:14 AM »

Thanks for posting this, Jeff! I was just about to do the same.

Daniel is a fantastic guy and a great songwriter. Basically what he's asking you to do is pre-order the CD ($12) or to give what you can. Buying it now will help him out a lot more than buying it when it's finished.
IP address Logged

"That spells clever not cleaver."
TellurideTom
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 426

URL icon « Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 03:16:11 PM »

Thanks for posting this, Jeff! I was just about to do the same.

Daniel is a fantastic guy and a great songwriter. Basically what he's asking you to do is pre-order the CD ($12) or to give what you can. Buying it now will help him out a lot more than buying it when it's finished.

Without some of the up front fees for the recording studio (which he can't afford right now) the project and the CD may not happen.
Help him out!  Cheers
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 12:58:47 PM by TellurideTom » IP address Logged

Happy Trails....Wave

You can check out my Domain site or follow me on Facebook
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 11:18:05 AM »

Wave Food for thought for the D man.

With the software available today, you really do not need to spend a ton on creating your first CD for ditribution and marketing.

It's like fishing, throw out the line and if you get a good reaction then enlist a studio.

A CD could be a partnership of Artists that want to get exposure to fill in the CD. This could be a joint venture for you D for studio time cash. Split 5 ways could be very affordable. Pick some folks you love to jam with and hit it. Medal Very excited for you Medal

Just a creative way to spread the cost  Cheers
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 11:23:39 AM by landshark » IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
Debbiefromtucson
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 04:22:55 PM »

C'mon folks. Daniel is making a CD. This is his dream. He needs to get some pre-orders for it to happen though.. Daniel is a great festarvarian and his songs can bring tears to your eyes... "THAT COLORADO SONG" makes you proud to be a Colorodan even if you only are for 2 weeks out of the year...LOL  Please check this out and support if you can- every little bit will help.
IP address Logged

Debbie from Tucson
HuckinFappy
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Jammin w' Jaco

URL icon « Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 10:38:48 AM »

And if you really don't want to kick in $12, help a festivarian make his dream come true, and pick up a CD of some deeply soulful Colorado-based folk singing, could you at least join the "street campaign", and put this on your Facebook, Google+, Twitter, whatever? 

If we can all help get one or two more people to kick in, he'll be in the home stretch.

IP address Logged
TellurideTom
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 426

URL icon « Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 12:24:14 PM »

And if you really don't want to kick in $12, help a festivarian make his dream come true, and pick up a CD of some deeply soulful Colorado-based folk singing, could you at least join the "street campaign", and put this on your Facebook, Google+, Twitter, whatever? 

If we can all help get one or two more people to kick in, he'll be in the home stretch.

I'm sure there's more than a handful of you that can afford the $12 at least (plus, you get a CD).

Just think of how many people we can get this out to if just 10 of you post it on your Facebook page or e-mail it to 10 people. Flower
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 12:27:26 PM by TellurideTom » IP address Logged

Happy Trails....Wave

You can check out my Domain site or follow me on Facebook
HuckinFappy
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Jammin w' Jaco

URL icon « Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 02:03:42 PM »

He's at $1,991 out of the $6k he's trying to raise.  One more of you can push him over the $2k mark with 17 days to go. 

C'mon...you know you want to be that person.  Let me help you:

Top Ten Reasons to Support Daniel
10.  If you buy a CD instead of 4 Starbucks Tall lattes, you save 600 calories
9.    You can get yourself some of Daniels' healing herbal remedies as a bonus
8.    You can feel pride that you supported a budding artist
7.    You can join the war against crappy music by helping there be more good music in the world
6.    Next time Ron wears the thong in public, he's going to warn folks who supported Daniel
5.    You'll have a CD of some of the most heartfelt troubador-ing you've heard (I made that word up)
4.    You can get rid of the guilt you're feeling
3.    Duk-Tape man promises he won't pee in your tent
2.    It's going to be good.  You like good, don't you?
1.    it's the right thing to do!

okay now, you can either keep stalling, or just make it so!

IP address Logged
Hot Sugar
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

Camp Run a Muck

URL icon « Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 03:15:22 PM »

He's at $1,991 out of the $6k he's trying to raise.  One more of you can push him over the $2k mark with 17 days to go. 

C'mon...you know you want to be that person.  Let me help you:

Top Ten Reasons to Support Daniel

6.    Next time Ron wears the thong in public, he's going to warn folks who supported Daniel

okay now, you can either keep stalling, or just make it so!

That one right there is worth it. I've (thankfully) never seen Ron in that thong, but I've heard stories.
IP address Logged

"That spells clever not cleaver."
HuckinFappy
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Jammin w' Jaco

URL icon « Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 09:55:07 AM »

Here's a message I sent to Camp Billy last night....thoughts I'd copy it here as well, in case it helps:

===============

Hi all, only 143 days, 18 hours, 48 mins, 33 secs until Festival....but who's counting, right?

More importantly, only 14 days left in Daniel's "crowdsourcing drive" to try and pre-sell enough CDs to pay his recording/production/promotion costs and maybe break even.   By my count, this email should be reaching over 150 people who know Daniel, know me, know Camp Billy, or are somehow related to us all.  Many of you have enjoyed Daniel's music in camp...for free, of course.   So far I see 45 people have helped Daniel out.   Where's the love?   

This isn't about the lousy $12 minimum he's asking for, which will get you a CD.  This is about supporting our brother in pursuit of a dream.  This is about giving back to a man who so willingly and unselfishly gives so much of himself to us and others.   This is about showing we're willing to step up and be there for each other in real life, where it counts.  This is about not expecting everyone else to take care of it, getting off our butts, and making sure we've done our part. 

This is no potluck, my friends.  You don't get to just show up with a fork and a plate and share in the bounty.   Only those of us that give of ourselves to support Daniel will be rewarded by the feeling of satisfaction when we hear the final product and know that WE made it happen. 

He's raised 1/3 of the money he needs in 2/3 of the time.  Time to step up our game.   Please, help out, pledge, spread the word, do anything you can imagine to find one more person to get to pledge.

With all my love, i look forward to seeing and hugging you all in June. 

Peace,
~Jeff

PS:   http://www.indiegogo.com/daniellindseydaybyday
IP address Logged
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 06:26:34 PM »

Huck you tell em Medal Medal

Good Luck Daniel ! I'm already watching my mail box! Flower Excited to hear the finished product Cheers
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
Debbiefromtucson
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 05:52:18 AM »

Only 10 days left and he is still not 50% there.. Daniel's dream must come true.... Let's spread the word folks- this must happen
IP address Logged

Debbie from Tucson
HuckinFappy
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Jammin w' Jaco

URL icon « Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 09:45:33 PM »

I've heard from Daniel, and he's in the thick of preparation, and for the next (last!) 6 days of the pre-sales, he really wants to stay focused on the music.   I'll tell you he has some pretty amazing musicians you've heard of playing with him...including a percussionist that Darrell Scott has a fondness for....but that might be a secret guest...so   Shhh   LOL

Anyhow...SIX DAYS LEFT, and Daniel is just past the halfway mark now.   We raised over $1200 in 8 days, and Daniel is so grateful.  But we need to step it up and do more if we're to raise another $2700 in 6 days! 

Just a reminder here...you're not just giving him money.  You're pre-purchasing a copy of the CD.   If you are willing to go to a higher amount, you can get all sorts of goodies...there's Osha wellness capsules, which i swear has fended off multiple illnesses in our house, Osha Tincture, healing salves, bodywork sessions, or even a house concert!  Let's be serious...you want a massage from Daniel anyway, right?   I thought so!

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/day-by-day--2?c=home

IP address Logged
Pirate Looks at --
Old Timer

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #13 on: February 05, 2013, 06:46:09 AM »

Good Luck Daniel! I look forward to hearing the finished product! Come on Festivarians! We can do this! Cheers
IP address Logged

"A Pirate Looks at --"
HuckinFappy
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Jammin w' Jaco

URL icon « Reply #14 on: February 05, 2013, 06:52:01 AM »

I just noticed PirateLarry had stepped up to the plate....and hit a home run!   Thanks, Larry!
IP address Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC