Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:32:26 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Forum Rating
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Forum Rating  (Read 118775 times)
Monkeygirl
URL icon « Reply #75 on: March 29, 2007, 07:03:28 PM »

Cake did rock!!  So did Michael Franti and Spearhead a couple of years later (2004?)!

I agree with the mix it up philosophy.. how can you stay truly open-minded if you don't embrace the new, the old and the different?

xoxo

P.S. You know what else rocked?  The picture that was on the Telluride Post Office when Ray Charles died... of Ray Charles rather than a picture of Ronald Reagan, who died on or about the same day.  I was reminded by your Ray Charles quote.

Now Playing icon Listening to: The siren song of Captain Diets at Port O'Call, drawing me towards Hangover Point... It's Thursday!
IP address Logged
Michelle - Tiki
Small Member

Festivation rating 420

Fall in love with life - every day!

URL icon « Reply #76 on: March 29, 2007, 11:48:12 PM »

Thumbs Up True!  True!

But do you remember the hullabaloo when people found out Cake was playing at TBF?  Or you can ask Erndog about the night that he had the disco ball strung up to the EZup and YMCA playing... we were promptly asked to "Shut that Crap Off!"...

Last year I was made fun of for two hours straight because someone saw some "Ton Loc" on my iPod!!! Rollin

What can I say?  I'm a tad... quirky!   Flower

xoxo Rhonny

P.S.  "Baby Got Back"?  On of my FAVs!!!

"I like big butts and I can not lie
You other brothers can't deny
That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist
And a round thing in your face, you get.... [sic]                                 

Then turn around! Stick it out!
Even white boys got to shout
Baby got back!
Baby got back!
Yeah, baby ... when it comes to females,
Cosmo ain't got nothin'to do with my selection.
38-24-36?
Ha ha...only if she's 5' TWO" ! "

I wonder how that would sound on a banjo?

I think it would be fun to have a topic covering our musical "guilty pleasures"

You're not the only one, sista'... we got shut down at Rockygrass and Pagosa this year ... at Disco Rick's place... during some amazing disco, robot-dancing, breakdown sessions... Just trying to have a good time!!!

Love ya'
Michelle and Lara

BTW... Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP address Logged
Monkeygirl
URL icon « Reply #77 on: March 30, 2007, 11:27:00 AM »

Cheers dahlin'!! 

BTW... be careful with the disco talk.  I'm not sure if that is the reason I was smited from a 21 rating down to a 9 last night (it appears to be moving back up), or what, but I don't want you to suffer the same fate... you're just too nice!  (With that in mind... I'm gonna give you some "luv"... consider it smite insurance!)

xoxo Rhonny

P.S.  I wish, wish, wish I had been there drinking with you guys last night (although I was out celebrating the academic achievements of a couple of friends... oysters and dirty marti's baby!), maybe it's time I invite myself to Flag for a weekend!  luv ya!!

Now Playing icon Listening to: River's Gonna Run - Sammy
IP address Logged
SteamboatPaul
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 10

Woof!

URL icon « Reply #78 on: March 30, 2007, 02:15:52 PM »

Cake did rock!!  So did Michael Franti and Spearhead a couple of years later

MF and Spearhead were great! That was my first time seeing them. The next morning I got in a little trouble because we kept yelling "How U feelin'!"  :)

They played here in steamboat for the free summertime music series. It happened to be the last official day of the Rainbow Family Gathering that was held in north Routt last summer. It was a kind of drizzly afternoon, the place was full of Rainbow people and as the sun was setting a double rainbow slowly formed. The crowd was facing the opposite direction and didn't notice at first. Then a few people saw it and slowly this wave went through the crowd and before long the whole place going apeS&*t crazy. The band revved up and all hell broke loose. Quite a moment!!

Now Playing icon Listening to: Radio Paradise Save Internet Radio!
IP address Logged

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."   
    Ben Franklin, 1759
SteamboatPaul
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 10

Woof!

URL icon « Reply #79 on: April 09, 2007, 10:46:19 AM »

wow I finally made Festivarian Medal
IP address Logged

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."   
    Ben Franklin, 1759
Monkeygirl
URL icon « Reply #80 on: April 09, 2007, 12:08:13 PM »

wow I finally made Festivarian Medal

Clap Clap Band pickin Rockin YOU MADE IT!!!!!  Rockin pickin Band Clap Clap

Thumbs Up Wave Congrats Wave Thumbs Up

on becoming an official  Medal Member of the Order of Festivarian  Medal

"We are all mighty impressed down here I can tell you!"  Talk

Now Playing icon Listening to: Que Sera Sera - Doris Day (whaaa?!)
IP address Logged
Monkeygirl
URL icon « Reply #81 on: April 09, 2007, 12:11:52 PM »

I think I'll go for Festivarian this week as well...

Now Playing icon Listening to: Only Fools Rush In - Elvis (my "Mom" mix... reminds me of my mother..may she rest in peace)
IP address Logged
Ron N Deb
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #82 on: April 09, 2007, 12:44:47 PM »

Congrats To Paul and Hope !!!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo Woo hoo Concert Band :hop Clap
IP address Logged

Peace N Love
Ron N Deb
Ron N Deb
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #83 on: April 09, 2007, 12:46:20 PM »

Oh and to Hippie TOOO !!!!!!!!!!
IP address Logged

Peace N Love
Ron N Deb
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #84 on: April 09, 2007, 03:38:25 PM »

Yes, Yes, Thank You, Thank You.... Please, be seated.

It's nice to finally be a Festivarian, well a Virgin Festivarian, well, not exactly a virgin, I mean,   Blush I've been to other festivals before, just not Telluride Bluegrass Festival. Actually, I've never been to Colorado before, been to Albuquerque and Phoenix and drove I-10 out to there, well, I flew into Albuquerque to see the Flecktones and Bumpershoot was there, but that wasn't the first time we met at a concert. That was in Lawrence, Kansas,  and now that I think about it I'm pretty sure Lawrence was the first gathering of the "Pod", you know, the core  members of the "Hippo Campus".

Don..... Ron..... Paul..... Jerry...... why are all these people staring at me? Talk
IP address Logged

InFleckIt! at Hippo Campus
BluegrassDustin
Administrator
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

Living Life With Delusions Of Banjur

URL icon « Reply #85 on: April 09, 2007, 03:45:01 PM »

It's nice to finally be a Festivarian, well a Virgin Festivarian, well, not exactly a virgin, I mean,   Blush I've been to other festivals before, just not Telluride Bluegrass Festival. Actually, I've never been to Colorado before, been to Albuquerque and Phoenix and drove I-10 out to there, well, I flew into Albuquerque to see the Flecktones and Bumpershoot was there, but that wasn't the first time we met at a concert. That was in Lawrence, Kansas,  and now that I think about it I'm pretty sure Lawrence was the first gathering of the "Pod", you know, the core  members of the "Hippo Campus".

Don..... Ron..... Paul..... Jerry...... why are all these people staring at me? Talk

Does this mean I should change the ratings to make Festivarian some unattainable number till Hope Lin actually attends a festival? I'm not so sure a "Festivarian" title is appropriate for someone who hasn't been yet. Wink
IP address Logged

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those
who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Seuss

"An intellectual snob is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture and not think of The Lone Ranger."   -Dan Rather
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #86 on: April 09, 2007, 04:10:29 PM »

Evil Evil Evil BACKOFF BUCK-A-ROO BANJO!!!!  Evil Evil Evil

Hope Lin  Flower

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
IP address Logged

Ron N Deb
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #87 on: April 09, 2007, 04:30:54 PM »

Maybe cause your pretty????

Flower
IP address Logged

Peace N Love
Ron N Deb
Monkeygirl
URL icon « Reply #88 on: April 09, 2007, 04:42:49 PM »

Oh Man!! Puh-leese, puh-leese don't do that?!  I'll make you a cake and not leave it in the rain!

I'm so close....!!!

xoxo

Does this mean I should change the ratings to make Festivarian some unattainable number till Hope Lin actually attends a festival? I'm not so sure a "Festivarian" title is appropriate for someone who hasn't been yet. Wink
IP address Logged
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #89 on: April 09, 2007, 04:53:23 PM »

Not to worry Rhonny... The Bluegrass Mafia became involved. Dustin is on our side...now.  LOL So... get to it. Crank that rating up!

Ron... Pretty tired of never having been to TBF!

Hope Lin pickin
IP address Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC