Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2024, 02:02:21 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Two year plan to move to Colorado
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Two year plan to move to Colorado  (Read 73810 times)
BillyBeru
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

"Good evening, music lovers!"

URL icon « Reply #60 on: September 24, 2007, 10:16:22 AM »

First part of the plan is coming together:

My first open house to sell my place is 9/30.

Help me realize my Colorado dream by buying me out! 

But by doing that, we prevent ourselves from realizing the same dream  EEK!

Treat my property as an investment and rent it out!
IP address Logged

"How many of you have been at the festival all four days?"
BillyBeru
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #61 on: September 25, 2007, 07:56:46 AM »

First part of the plan is coming together:

My first open house to sell my place is 9/30.

Help me realize my Colorado dream by buying me out!  LOL

Lots of good opertunity in Real Estate in Co. right now,lots!
Your timing is dead on for that if you plan to purchase a home.

Why don't YOU keep your property and rent it out.

The market is slow for sales in CO. at this time, but a buyers market

.Life is a huge manopoly game!!  Isn't it?? Cheers

B/c I need the equity if I want to buy something in Colorado.
IP address Logged

SteamboatPaul
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 10

Woof!

URL icon « Reply #62 on: September 25, 2007, 08:58:47 AM »

That all depends on where you are and what you call "Buyer's Market". Steamboat? nope....not really

Now Playing icon Listening to: Radio Paradise
IP address Logged

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."   
    Ben Franklin, 1759
BillyBeru
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #63 on: September 26, 2007, 08:26:31 AM »

Hey BillyB
Never to early to start rootin' for the Rockies!!

gooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  ROCKIES horsey horsey

Indians are a great team but

ROCKIES RULE :hop :hop

Hey Landshark,

Sorry but that will NEVER happen - I do not change sports allegiances based on moving.

I am a Washington DC sports fan:
Redskins
Nationals
Wizards

College:
UCLA
IP address Logged

bodegahwy
Small Member

Festivation rating 315

URL icon « Reply #64 on: September 27, 2007, 07:31:40 PM »

Two years?  Just make the jump!

We live in Steamboat now but lived in Nederland for years.  The little mountain communities can be a great place to live if you do not need the city distractions.  Boulder is a little too busy for our taste, but I could live in Lyons or Ft Fun if I needed to be near the big city.

You mentioned needing the airport.  I had work that required traveling out by air for 12-15 weeks a year for the first 6 years we lived in Steamboat.  The connections to the mountain towns are fine.

Somebody else mentioned GJ as a place that was good because it was only 90 minutes to Moab for biking.... holy smokes!  how could you forget Fruita!  That is only 10 miles away and in many respects has better mountain biking than Moab!

Anyway, I wish you the best as you follow your dreams.  Life in Colorado is just great.  I first moved here in 1977 after high school.  That time did not stick but when I came back 10 years later it did.

Welcome.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 09:21:58 AM by bodegahwy » IP address Logged
BillyBeru
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #65 on: September 27, 2007, 07:56:47 PM »

Two years?  Just make the jump!

We live in Steamboat now but lived in Nederland for years.  The little mountain communities can be a great place to live if you do not need the city distractions.  Boulder is a little too busy for our taste, but I could live in Lyons or Ft Fun if I needed to be near the big city.

You mentioned needing the airport.  I had work that reguired traveling out by air for 12-15 weeks a year for the first 6 years we lived in Steamboat.  The connections to the mountain towns are fine.

Somebody else mentioned GJ as a place that was good because it was only 90 minutes to Moab for biking.... holy smokes!  how could you forget Fruita!  That is only 10 miles away and in many respects has better mountain biking than Moab!

Anyway, I wish you the best as you follow your dreams.  Life in Colorado is just great.  I first moved here in 1977 after high school.  That time did not stick but when I came back 10 years later it did.

Welcome.

Many thanks for the kind words and recommendation!

At this stage the timeline is more like 18 months - need to take care of some things here - see my cousin graduate high school, save money here so I can have greater freedoms to pursue additional dreams when I do move to CO. I have been impulsive for much of my life (and that has led to great things!) and this time around patience will only enrich my Colorado experience even more.

Looking forward to joining you kind folks soon.  Cheers
IP address Logged

Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #66 on: September 27, 2007, 09:04:38 PM »

I just love a good plan coming together!

Best of Luck, Billy!

Auntie Hope  pickin
IP address Logged

InFleckIt! at Hippo Campus
Courtney
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Festivarians Frolic Frequently

URL icon « Reply #67 on: September 29, 2007, 10:21:01 PM »

Hi Billy, Sorry a bit off topic.  Daniela, I thought we made a deal with Roach to change his picture.  I like this one.
IP address Logged

Did I remember to tell you how much I love you guys?
Daniela
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 140

"Dainty Flower"

URL icon « Reply #68 on: October 02, 2007, 10:23:22 AM »

Hi Billy, Sorry a bit off topic.  Daniela, I thought we made a deal with Roach to change his picture.  I like this one.

Now THERE's a good-looking guy!!  I like it, Courtney!  Roach?  Whatcha think??  Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap
IP address Logged

Can we leave RIGHT NOW??
BillyBeru
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #69 on: May 04, 2009, 04:15:24 PM »

Two months shy of two-years! Wow, does time move....

An update on my progress - I hit a speed bump (or rather she hit me  Evil) but I'm past that and back on track!  Thumbs Up

Colorado, I look forward to seeing you soon!  Rockin
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 07:50:54 PM by BillyBeru » IP address Logged

BillyBeru
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #70 on: May 04, 2009, 07:12:28 PM »

Thanks, Miki!  Thumbs Up

Would love to work for an entrepreneurial company specializing in green/enviro-friendly consumer products in the Boulder area. Looking for like-minded people so if you know anyone drop me a line.  Cheers
IP address Logged

Ron N Deb
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #71 on: May 05, 2009, 01:17:37 AM »

Hey Billy I got Hit by one of those many moons ago
was stuck in Little Rock for 5 years ....arghhhhhhhh
Thank God I got out !
Now I have My Goddess .. Deb!!
 Cheers
IP address Logged

Peace N Love
Ron N Deb
BillyBeru
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #72 on: May 05, 2009, 09:36:40 AM »

Wave I will keep that in mind and let ya know.. glad yer back on track... love can really mess ya up sometimes.... geesh.  Flower

Looks like some people don't want me to move to Colorado since I got the dreaded smite 17 times and tarnished by beautiful 420 rating. To whomever I offended by saying I'm coming to your state, I am sorry you feel that way. As Merl Saunders would say I am going to keep on keeping on.
IP address Logged

BillyBeru
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #73 on: May 05, 2009, 10:13:18 AM »

Wave I will keep that in mind and let ya know.. glad yer back on track... love can really mess ya up sometimes.... geesh.  Flower

Looks like some people don't want me to move to Colorado since I got the dreaded smite 17 times and tarnished by beautiful 420 rating. To whomever I offended by saying I'm coming to your state, I am sorry you feel that way. As Merl Saunders would say I am going to keep on keeping on.

Thanks to the kind people who restored me.  Flower I feel good  :dance :dance :dance
IP address Logged

420Sugaree
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

shake it, shake it, Sugaree

URL icon « Reply #74 on: May 05, 2009, 12:07:21 PM »

hey Billy, I echo much of what has been said about Colo in this thread. The front range area is fantastic. I first moved out here in 1979. I've lived in Manitou Springs, Coal Creek Canyon, Denver, Fort Collins, Cheyenne, Albuquerque, Austin, and on and on and on. city-data.com is a great resource for city-shopping.

here's the skinny on my town, Fort Collins

looking north into Old Town Square

"[city-data.com has] collected and analyzed data from numerous sources to create as complete and interesting profiles of all U.S. cities as we could.  We have over 67,000 city photos not found anywhere else, graphs of latest real estate prices and sales trends, recent home sales, home value estimator, hundreds of thousands of maps, satellite photos, stats about residents (race, income, ancestries, education, employment...), geographical data, state profiles, crime data, registered sex offenders, cost of living, housing, religions, businesses, local news links based on our exclusive technology, birthplaces of famous people, political contributions, city government finances and employment, weather, hospitals, schools, libraries, houses, airports, radio and TV stations, zip codes, area codes, air pollution, latest unemployment data, time zones, water systems and their health and monitoring violations, comparisons to averages, local poverty details, professionally written city guides, car accidents, fires, bridge conditions, cell phone and other towers, mortgage data, a forum and a social network with 500,000 registered members and 8,000,000 posts, blogs, 5,000 user-submitted facts, 16,000 exclusive local business profiles with photos, and more demographics. If you ever need to research any city, zip code, or neighborhood for any reason, from considering a move there to just checking where somebody you know is staying, this is the site for you."

But they don't seem to have a Taper's Section in there.
IP address Logged

Turn on your Lovelight... and leave it ON!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC