Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 05:21:59 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  The Shed
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Banjo (Moderator: BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  on a limb, new to this
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: on a limb, new to this  (Read 28359 times)
levihead
Wondering when Small Member status will be achieved.

Festivation rating 18

URL icon « on: September 02, 2010, 01:04:59 PM »

I obtained a banjo, and have been pickin my little heart out for about a month and a half now. I am finally getting somewhat comfortable with basic things.

I am looking for someone willing to show to help me out and give me some pointers.No one in my circles are even aware of bluegrass, so im a lone duck when it comes to my passion. I dont have a lot of cash for lessons, but am certainly able to offer brew and good company.

I live in longmont right now, but am relocating to denver at the months end. Im 21 and still have a brain like a sponge, so if you are interested in meetin a new friend and helpin out a fellow head it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, i have a car so i can travel!

thank you all!

Now Playing icon Listening to: Great american taxi
IP address Logged
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 07:18:26 PM »

Can't help you out in person but I do know about this site...

http://www.banjohangout.org/

Good Luck!  Thumbs Up

Auntie Hope  :festivarian2 :green
IP address Logged

InFleckIt! at Hippo Campus
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 09:41:41 AM »

I obtained a banjo, and have been pickin my little heart out for about a month and a half now. I am finally getting somewhat comfortable with basic things.

I am looking for someone willing to show to help me out and give me some pointers.No one in my circles are even aware of bluegrass, so im a lone duck when it comes to my passion. I dont have a lot of cash for lessons, but am certainly able to offer brew and good company.

I live in longmont right now, but am relocating to denver at the months end. Im 21 and still have a brain like a sponge, so if you are interested in meetin a new friend and helpin out a fellow head it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, i have a car so i can travel!

thank you all!

I have been listening to Banjo lessons on SIRUS 6065 with Ed Lubereki on Sundays. I don't even play LOL. He just has this great way of breakin things down.
 Check it out!
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
TRL
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Ready to go!

URL icon « Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 08:47:02 PM »

Artistworks .....Tony trischka!
IP address Logged
TRL
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Ready to go!

URL icon « Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 09:15:59 AM »

They run a great sale around Christmas for 50% off 1yr tuition. You just have to sign up for there email newsletter.
IP address Logged
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC