Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 03:37:44 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Telluride Bluegrass Festival (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Festivarian Dictionary
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19 Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Festivarian Dictionary  (Read 362856 times)
Hippie
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #15 on: May 27, 2007, 09:57:28 PM »

Couldn't hooch be anything that rocks your boat & sets you swervy?  I heard it used for medicinal inhalents. 

Where is hooch to clarify?

I always thought it was a really cool place to sleep.... Thumbs Up

Come on out - Supreme God of smart ass comments. Wave

Show us your colors and render your verdict. After all this is for posterior.

Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers

Now Playing icon Listening to: Off the cuff on KWMR - the best radio show in the world right now
IP address Logged

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. - Will Rogers
Hooch
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

Freak Of The Rainbow Pork Lover

URL icon « Reply #16 on: May 28, 2007, 01:02:53 PM »

HOOCH!!!  'What is "hooch"?' many have wondered, scratching their noodles in query.  Clinically "hooch" can be a cheap liquor, something mind altering that is smoked, or (as Hippie posted) can be a small thatched dwelling.  But this is FESTIVAL!!...no one here cares about anything remotely clinical or anchored in establishment.  So let me give my personal definition of...HOOCH.

Hooch (n): A Festival beverage of choice that, when drank, begins with euphoria in the mouth followed by a warming trend down the throat that keeps the chilly night at bay, and ends with you passing some to fellow festivarian so they can enjoy the same experience.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Merlefest 2007 flashbacks on XM Radio!!!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 04:45:00 PM by Hooch » IP address Logged

"There is nothing in the universe more exciting than a piece of bacon."

-Dan Phillips
Hurricane M
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #17 on: May 28, 2007, 02:15:26 PM »

HOOCH!!!  'What is "hooch"?' many have wondered, scratching their noodles in query.  Clinically "hooch" can be a cheap liquor, something mind altering that is smoked, or (as Hippie posted) can be a small thatched dwelling.  But this is FESTIVAL!!...no one here cares about anything remotely clinical or anchored in establishment.  So let me give my personal definition of...HOOCH.

Hooch (n): A Festival beverage of choice that, when drank, begins with euphoria in the mouth followed by a warming trend down the throat that keeps the chilly night at bay, and ends with you passing some to fellow festivarian so they can enjoy the same experience.

Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers
OK then, my green chile beer is textbook hooch...should say, "ends with you passing OUT some........"

Skivvy foul-  when you drop an item of "personal attire"in the path on the way to or from the showers... it can be a clean foul, or a foul foul.  Only in the case of a Camp Flamingo festivarian can it be a foul fowl foul.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 03:00:06 PM by Hurricane M » IP address Logged

BURY ME IN MY BOA!!!
Hurricane M
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #18 on: May 28, 2007, 05:54:24 PM »

"foul fowl foul".. the DEVINE Ms. Hurricane M

Clap x 5

That was priceless!

Hope Lin  pickin
IP address Logged

InFleckIt! at Hippo Campus
Maineahhh
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Bluegrass makes me happy.

URL icon « Reply #19 on: May 28, 2007, 06:44:46 PM »

festi-lation :the reason you can't sleep the night before leaving for festival!

ooh ooh! a new word! yippeeee!
IP address Logged

"A lot of the artists collaborate with one another on stage throughout the festival, leaving fans and musicians alike in awe. A bunch of us are old friends, and when we get here we want to band together... Anything goes here, people are ready for any kind of music." Sammy B on TBF
ilovethelorax
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #20 on: May 31, 2007, 07:20:18 PM »

It's been suggested by the Goddess of Mixology, Libations, and other Redundancies (and nobody wants to quibble with someone of her title - let alone me) that I re-post a word introduced over on the bachlorette thread here. It is actually where it belonged in the first place.

Pre-func: (as in pre-funk-shon - verb): The thing you do to fine tune you're festivation skills in advance of said festivation.  In the case of ocean pre-func you, of course have the festival chair, the cool, happy beverage of choice and other treats, and you watch the ocean and every so often jump up and cheer for a bit. Repeat for hours in preparation of many long sunny hours at nearly 9,000 ft. It's actually been mentioned widely here. Jerry does it in the store while contemplating the perfect chair, Monkey Girl, I believe, does it on the roof and/or in the front yard.

So there you have it Michelle.  Wave

Now Playing icon Listening to: green day
IP address Logged

I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music.

George Eliot (1819-1880)
itsRick
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #21 on: May 31, 2007, 07:47:45 PM »

festigration: see fextidus: the mass migrations of thousands of festivarians from all points of the compass converging on Planet Bluegrass. best viewed in the minds eye but, if one watches carefully can also be seen via sattellite.  Driving Driving Driving Driving Driving Driving Driving Driving Concert

Now Playing icon Listening to: Bela and the Flecks / 2002 TBF
IP address Logged

Gee WIZ Mr. Kesey, this sure is some swell Kool Aid!
Daniela
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 140

"Dainty Flower"

URL icon « Reply #22 on: June 01, 2007, 11:00:43 AM »

Festovarian:  A festivarian of the female persuasion.   Flower Flower
IP address Logged

Can we leave RIGHT NOW??
Daniela
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 140

"Dainty Flower"

URL icon « Reply #23 on: June 01, 2007, 11:13:29 AM »

Festitude: 

1.  The firm belief that no matter what challenges face you in life during the year, they will all be rectified by attending the Telluride Bluegrass Festival.  Love

2.  The air of slight disdain that is used to deal with a commoner when he/she asks you what the Telluride Bluegrass Festival is.  This may or may not be accompanied by a rolling of the eyes  Rolleyes 
IP address Logged

Can we leave RIGHT NOW??
ilovethelorax
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #24 on: June 01, 2007, 03:51:01 PM »

Festitude: 

1.  The firm belief that no matter what challenges face you in life during the year, they will all be rectified by attending the Telluride Bluegrass Festival.  Love

2.  The air of slight disdain that is used to deal with a commoner when he/she asks you what the Telluride Bluegrass Festival is.  This may or may not be accompanied by a rolling of the eyes  Rolleyes 

I love this one! Light and dark, yin and yang, a word in perfect balance!
IP address Logged

I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music.

George Eliot (1819-1880)
Maineahhh
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Bluegrass makes me happy.

URL icon « Reply #25 on: June 01, 2007, 03:56:38 PM »

keep em' coming! this thread is great  Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
IP address Logged

"A lot of the artists collaborate with one another on stage throughout the festival, leaving fans and musicians alike in awe. A bunch of us are old friends, and when we get here we want to band together... Anything goes here, people are ready for any kind of music." Sammy B on TBF
Hippie
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #26 on: June 02, 2007, 12:03:34 AM »

This from another thread:

Alcafowl - allowing any mind altering beverage to land in the dirt before consumption  LOL LOL
also synonymous with alcohol abuse
 Cheers

Now Playing icon Listening to: silence thank goodness
IP address Logged

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. - Will Rogers
TellurideTom
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 426

URL icon « Reply #27 on: June 02, 2007, 12:06:06 AM »

Alcafowl - allowing any mind altering beverage to land in the dirt before consumption  LOL LOL
 Cheers

The way it's spelled it looks like a drunk bird. LOL
Shouldn't that be "Alcafoul"? huh
IP address Logged

Happy Trails....Wave

You can check out my Domain site or follow me on Facebook
Monkeygirl
URL icon « Reply #28 on: June 02, 2007, 12:48:58 AM »

Cheers

The way it's spelled it looks like a drunk bird. LOL
Shouldn't that be "Alcafoul"? huh

You've got a point there Tom! 

So would a drunk Flamingo be an "Alco-Fowl?"

xoxo
IP address Logged
Hippie
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #29 on: June 02, 2007, 08:44:25 AM »

ahh yes - yet another example of my unintentional twisted typos. Hey  Wave at least my typos are creative ... even when I don't know what my fingers are quote Really quote doing. EEK!

I'm guessin you can only call it alcafowl when you're in Camp Flamingo...
You have to spell it alcafoul anywheres else.

Cheers

Now Playing icon Listening to: NPR Morning ediition
IP address Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19 Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC