Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 10:46:51 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  RockyGrass Academy (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Academy Lottery
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Academy Lottery  (Read 45454 times)
planetsteve
Global Moderator

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « on: November 06, 2009, 02:38:43 PM »

I know some of you are wondering about the upcoming Academy lottery starting next week. I wanted to let everyone know as in past years we will announce an initial lineup of instructors on Monday morning with more announcements during the week. It's tough to confirm everyone this early, but we're doing our best and we have some exciting additions that hopefully will come to fruition.

We've also made a few changes and clarifications to our guest policy. Feel free to check out the FAQ link on the Academy homepage.

I wish you all good luck in the lottery and hopefully we can accommodate most everyone.

Steve
IP address Logged
scottk

Festivation rating 2

URL icon « Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 11:57:18 AM »

I think it is odd that if you attend the academy and get an onsite camping permit for the festival, your spouse (that doesn't want to attend the academy or hang around as a guest for three days) cannot join you in your onsite tent for the festival unless they happen to win the lotto for onsite camping for the festival.  I think it is a policy which should be changed.  It isn't reasonable to expect an academy student to pack up their campsite and move it to an offsite campground when the academy ends and the festival starts.     
IP address Logged
planetsteve
Global Moderator

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 01:10:03 PM »

Scott, presently we haven't extended the right to procure camping passes for friends who aren't also your guest at the Academy. So it's basically a two step process for you and your RG guest. 1. You play the Academy lottery. 2. You play the RockyGrass on site camping lottery. Sorry there's not a more eloquent precedure but that seems like the fairest way to deal with  RockyGrass camping passes and demand.
IP address Logged
TheBanjomatic
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 10:20:31 PM »

Looking at my checking account, it looks like I'm in. Exciting! This will be my first RGA...  Thumbs Up  Wave
IP address Logged

If a banjo player picks in the woods, and no one is there to hear him.... is he still making an awful lot of noise?
Doc Mike
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 06:35:37 AM »

Thumbs Up
IP address Logged

We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.
~Willy Wonka
annpete
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 08:25:51 AM »

I'm in too! Yippee! Now I can become a trained  Cheers"dancin' fool"!

Now Playing icon Listening to: Ricky Skaggs....Songs My Dad Loved CD
IP address Logged
Doc Mike
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 03:27:26 PM »

Unbelievable!  Academy for the second year in a row with guest pass for my honey and kids camp for my kids AND a vehicle pass! Wahooooo!!!!!
IP address Logged

We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.
~Willy Wonka
answerguru
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 04:32:24 PM »

Woohoo!!!!!    I finally got into RGA for intermediate banjo - sweet!   I am super-stoked!

IP address Logged
linda baker
Small Member

Festivation rating 8

URL icon « Reply #8 on: November 20, 2009, 08:41:29 PM »

Oh... I am feeling very desperate for a guest pass. Two family members got into RGA with an additional kids camp (3rd family member) and now Mom can't come as guest to be camp cook, etc.... Our guest pass component of one of our lotto applications did not appear to get approved. I thought either your application was accepted  as a whole or not. Pleading for guest pass, as this arrangement is going to make camping for the week challenging for Dad and the boys. Anyone who knows of a fguest pass available, please pass along the info to me or share my contact info.

Linda
970 882-4423
baker408@centurytel.net
IP address Logged
bluegrass bill
Festivarian

Festivation rating 236

URL icon « Reply #9 on: November 21, 2009, 07:48:39 AM »

Finally recived my e-mail...WooooHooooooo..... Thumbs Up
IP address Logged
estellablue

Festivation rating 0

URL icon « Reply #10 on: November 23, 2009, 11:52:25 AM »

woo hoo!!  Brad and I will be there next year!!!   Flower
IP address Logged
Pat in dairyland
Small Member

Festivation rating 100

URL icon « Reply #11 on: November 26, 2009, 12:25:58 AM »

I am in for mando, my wife for bass and the kids in the kids academy.  We are psyched.  Now I have to deal with the anticipation.  I guess its a good problem to have.

Pat

Now Playing icon Listening to: waylon jennings
IP address Logged
linda baker
Small Member

Festivation rating 8

URL icon « Reply #12 on: November 27, 2009, 12:41:16 PM »

Greetings Pat!
That sounds great, the perfect family vacation! Hoping all is well with you and yours.
Linda (still scouting for what I need to complete our plans ) javascript:replaceText('%20:flower',%20document.forms.postmodify.message);
IP address Logged
Jessicarita
Kinda digging this festival thing...

Festivation rating 17

All who Yonder are not lost :)

URL icon « Reply #13 on: December 12, 2009, 04:29:29 PM »

I'm in for my second academy!  Interm. fiddle!!!  Can't wait...had such an amazing time last year :)
I will be playing Celtic music as well~

Now Playing icon Listening to: Badly Bent
IP address Logged
StarryNightDiva
URL icon « Reply #14 on: November 11, 2011, 03:42:37 PM »

Thumbs Up Wave Yay PAT~!!!  ...um....I just looked at the date from  2009...oyyy
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 08:27:04 PM by StarryNightDiva » IP address Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC