Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 03:11:25 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  Regional Boards
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  North East (Moderator: BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Another Connecticut mandolin player!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Another Connecticut mandolin player!!  (Read 11293 times)
Plectrum Squeezer

Festivation rating 16

URL icon « on: August 24, 2009, 03:50:30 PM »

Hello from Wallingford, CT!!

I attend a monthly Jam in Bethany that is attended by some really great folks in a private home......if you want to know more......"nutmegger1957@yahoo.com"

I'm a forty-year veteran of the acoustic guitar, and only started playing the mandolin in 2006.  I've owned about 8 mandolins (all F-style) and I've whittled the batch down to two.  Could never afford the Gibson models, but have had really great luck with Pac-Rims.

Married 31+ years, with two grown daughters (their husbands in tow), and two grandsons, I'm a busy guy these days, but manage to get in 1/2 hour of practice every day. 

I've been through the mill with the various well-known mandolin forums on the web and frankly am looking around for a change.  After 1700 + posts in some of them, I've learned that it's valuable to talk to different folks now and then.

-Plectrum Squeezer
IP address Logged

"I was so much older then; I'm younger than that now" (Dylan)

Epiphone EJ200
Epiphone Hummingbird
Guild GAD-25
Guild GAD-50
Breedlove C25/CR
"The Loar" LM-600-VS
Washburn M6SW Jethro Burns
"Tone Gard" & Armrest lover
70mm Tri-Cornered Planet Waves Plectrums
Thomastik-Infeld Flatwound str
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC