Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 06:06:49 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  Regional Boards
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  The Southeast (Moderator: BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Help
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Help  (Read 18575 times)
4railroadearth

Festivation rating 0

URL icon « on: April 02, 2009, 08:13:42 AM »

Cheers I need to know about good festivals in Florida?

Now Playing icon Listening to: Railroad Earth
IP address Logged
l_grein
Kinda digging this festival thing...

Festivation rating 12

URL icon « Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 07:27:01 AM »

Florida is seriously lacking in good music festivals, but there are a few.  Check out the Bear Creek Festival [url]http://www.bearcreekmusicfestival.com [url] at the Suwannee Music Park in Live Oak, Florida.  They have several festivals a year at this site...Wannee Festival is actually this weekend (June 5-6) and is organised by the Allman Brothers. Looks like a pretty good line up as well.  I think that there is also another festival in the spring (I think its called spring fest) which is typically more bluegrass.

And up untill this past year, south florida had Langarado which was gaining some momentum untill they tried to move it to downtown Miami and offered no camping!!!

Hope this helps... Cheers
IP address Logged
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 07:34:27 AM »

Florida is seriously lacking in good music festivals, but there are a few.  Check out the Bear Creek Festival [url]http://www.bearcreekmusicfestival.com [url] at the Suwannee Music Park in Live Oak, Florida.  They have several festivals a year at this site...Wannee Festival is actually this weekend (June 5-6) and is organised by the Allman Brothers. Looks like a pretty good line up as well.  I think that there is also another festival in the spring (I think its called spring fest) which is typically more bluegrass.

And up untill this past year, south florida had Langarado which was gaining some momentum untill they tried to move it to downtown Miami and offered no camping!!!

I absoutly think the Swanee is off the charts big fun. Beautiful for canoe trips(I had a great one) and I did catch the fest as well back in 93(not sure if this is one and the same)
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
John R
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

...you know this space is getting hot.

URL icon « Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 09:07:06 PM »

http://www.magmusic.com/
IP address Logged

"hey man, can I get a copy?", "sure, of what?", "the whole festival"
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 09:39:41 PM »

I absoutly think the Swanee is off the charts big fun. Beautiful for canoe trips(I had a great one) and I did catch the fest as well back in 93(not sure if this is one and the same)

Late Response, but I've been traveling all summer....

YES! This is the same festival... Suwannee Spring Fest!

Auntie Hope  :festivarian2 :green
IP address Logged

InFleckIt! at Hippo Campus
Shiloh

Festivation rating 11

URL icon « Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 07:07:06 PM »

The Suwannee is a beautiful location, have traveled festivals throughout U.S. Music has been unbelivable over the years and continues.  If you like Rice, Bush, Douglas, Johnson, and others etc; check for surprises each year. Wink
IP address Logged
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC