Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 04:14:42 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  The Shed
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Mandolin (Moderator: BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Beginners' update
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Beginners' update  (Read 238391 times)
Pen
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #210 on: February 11, 2011, 11:28:08 AM »

So I carved out an hour to practice this morning in between my work (I work from home in my basement).  So I bust out my job stuff.  Break out my mando - tune up.  Open my practice book.  Start to practice my first scale and then - BOOM. 

The litter box is in the basement as well.  My 20 pound cat came down and took the most helacious cat dump in the history of the feline world.  OK - screw this.  I'm going on sales calls.....
IP address Logged

"How many of you folks have seen that movie "O Brother, Where Ya At?"--Ralph Stanley
Pen
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #211 on: February 11, 2011, 04:02:48 PM »

If his litter box is any indication, I'm feeding him toxic waste.
IP address Logged

"How many of you folks have seen that movie "O Brother, Where Ya At?"--Ralph Stanley
Pen
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #212 on: February 12, 2011, 02:57:58 PM »

Maybe I should learn that song Phoebe sings "Friends" called Smelly Cat.

Hey Landy - do you like The Decemberists?  Just got their new album The King is Dead and love it.  Great lyrics and very melodic.  Sort of like REM meets The Smiths.
IP address Logged

Pen
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #213 on: February 21, 2011, 07:39:47 AM »

Great job - keep it up Landy.  Here's a new one for you learn - try Ashokan Farewell.  Not super difficult and the tabs can be found fairly easily online (I think mandolincafe has it).

Beautiful song.
IP address Logged

Pen
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #214 on: March 22, 2011, 08:12:33 AM »

Had our first show as a duo on Sat.  I gotta say - after well over 100 shows in a full band, it was nice to do a stripped down all acoustic thing.  Although, there's a lot less room to hide.  Pretty obvious if any mistakes are made.  :)
IP address Logged

Pen
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #215 on: March 28, 2011, 07:24:50 AM »

Thanks Landy.  I enjoy Chasing Cars - gets a good reaction.  We just added a couple songs we'll do this weekend that I just love playing (Little Lion Man & Teenage Dream).

Have a good week!
IP address Logged

Ron N Deb
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #216 on: June 06, 2011, 12:44:17 AM »

Bump
 Evil Cheers Evil
IP address Logged

Peace N Love
Ron N Deb
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #217 on: June 10, 2011, 05:57:52 PM »

Hotdog Harry load the car and don't forget yer Mandolin...Angelia The Baker...... Woo hoo Fish Woo hoo
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #218 on: June 20, 2011, 05:52:23 PM »

I have grown Flower
 I can now stand and sing out
and the people around me...

dissapear.

This is huge!
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #219 on: June 26, 2011, 07:40:45 AM »

Did anyone else at Fest take note of the new Artistworks Academy of Bluegrass. This is HUGE!!
Tony Trischka, Mike Marshall, Darol Anger, Bryan Sutton and  Missy Rains all teaching on line!!!!

This is a mountain girls dream come true. This winter when I am stuck up here I will be learning Mandolin with Mike Marshall, are you kidding, off the charts!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

www.AcademyofBluegrass.com Medal Medal Medal
IP address Logged

landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #220 on: June 30, 2011, 06:06:33 AM »

Inspired... After fest all I want to do is focus on my original tunes and write. Must be all that Festi love in the air. Inspired 100% and runnin on festi fuel now. Flower
IP address Logged

TellurideTom
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 426

URL icon « Reply #221 on: December 02, 2011, 12:35:50 PM »

I love how you can write a sad song in Bluegrass and make it sound happy Flower Now where's that Baritone?
I can sing baritone. Wave
IP address Logged

Happy Trails....Wave

You can check out my Domain site or follow me on Facebook
Pen
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #222 on: December 06, 2011, 10:31:24 AM »

boo
IP address Logged

Pen
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #223 on: December 06, 2011, 03:03:34 PM »

hiyas Landy!  The band is done.  Had one of the guys move out of state and we decided to call it quits.  Almost 6 years we where together and about 150 shows.  I figure that's about as good a run as I could expect.  Nice memories - but sort of glad to take a break.

Now I'm playing out a couple times a month - doing the solo acoustic thing.  Less hassle, and it still keeps me sharp.  How are things with you?
IP address Logged

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC