Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 03:11:27 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Telluride Bluegrass Festival (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Zone 1 Pass Required for Town Park?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Zone 1 Pass Required for Town Park?  (Read 13717 times)
ToddG
Old Timer

Festivation rating 420

Let's Pick!

URL icon « Reply #15 on: April 21, 2022, 07:45:56 AM »

Can anyone tell us what this means?
Zone 1 limited to 400 campers? We need an extra pass?
Do I want to camp in Zone 1? 🤣
What kinda vibe is Zone 1?

Sorry I知 such a noob, I知 so dang excited I don稚 wanna mess up my first time to Telluride after the two year anticipation! Lol.

I知 kinda a wanna be around the action until time to sleep then hope to find a bit quieter camping kinda girl - so I was thinking primitive anyway?

Historically, I would say the primitive area, especially the clearing at the back of the primitive area, would be exactly what you are looking for.  It's pretty laid back and quiet at night, and you can still wander around the rest of camp for all the fun.   I would think that would hold this year as well, but it's hard to say for certain.  However, I am fairly certain that if you are wanting a little peace at night, Zone 1 will still, even with the somewhat smaller numbers, be pretty active well into the wee hours of the night/morning so it might not fit what prefer.   But, there really aren't a whole lot of bad camping spots.  As long as you don't wait until Wednesday to come and get stuck by a porta potty you should be able to find a good spot.  Especially in the primitive area.   That back area has historically filled up a little later, but could fill up a little earlier this year with the changes.

Hope that helps a little.   :)

I'm not sure how quiet anywhere in primitive is. That open field is where we like. You have to pass Cat Fact to get there. It was fairly rowdy in 2019. But, no matter what the rowdyness anywhere is, it's well contained and harmless. Earplugs, or close to the river or creek are the only options to not hear festivarians in the wild while camped in TP. This will be our first ever TBF without kids! So look out primitive area!
IP address Logged

How come they don't turn the banjo up?
KMurf
Small Member

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #16 on: April 21, 2022, 08:00:13 AM »

Haha.  It was probably rowdy because you were there.   LOL LOL LOL
IP address Logged
FaceOnMars
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #17 on: April 21, 2022, 09:54:07 AM »

This is all very interesting.

I was actually in "zone 1" the other day and found it to be very difficult to enter ... since there is fencing that extended perpendicularly from the Pavillion to the 3rd base line fence on the south softball field.   I could only go as far south as the Imagination Station.  All of the fences were tied together with wire ... same goes for the fences on the 3rd base line) ... so backtracked to the far north end of the campground and went around that way ... but there was even some pilons with signs that said something like "construction access only" (there's a new structure being built).  I interpreted this to mean for vehicles, but at the same time couldn't help to wonder if they want to keep everyone out of the entire campground?

I had mixed feelings about the revegetation at first, but do now support the general vision of restoring the natural state of affairs at what is effectively the start of Bear Creek at the base of the waterfall in TP ... although aside from special protocols for TBF and other festivals, I'm not sure what the powers that be have in mind with respect to limiting access beyond the areas that are clearly roped off with blue tape?  ... it seems as though they're seeking a balance, but still not sure.
IP address Logged

RIP Rob Wasserman
BuckeyeDog
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #18 on: April 21, 2022, 10:18:41 AM »

So, are they going to allow folks to camp inside the hockey rink now?  Evil
IP address Logged
alexbarbosa42
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #19 on: April 21, 2022, 11:07:35 AM »

Can anyone tell us what this means?
Zone 1 limited to 400 campers? We need an extra pass?
Do I want to camp in Zone 1? 🤣
What kinda vibe is Zone 1?

Sorry I知 such a noob, I知 so dang excited I don稚 wanna mess up my first time to Telluride after the two year anticipation! Lol.

I知 kinda a wanna be around the action until time to sleep then hope to find a bit quieter camping kinda girl - so I was thinking primitive anyway?

Historically, I would say the primitive area, especially the clearing at the back of the primitive area, would be exactly what you are looking for.  It's pretty laid back and quiet at night, and you can still wander around the rest of camp for all the fun.   I would think that would hold this year as well, but it's hard to say for certain.  However, I am fairly certain that if you are wanting a little peace at night, Zone 1 will still, even with the somewhat smaller numbers, be pretty active well into the wee hours of the night/morning so it might not fit what prefer.   But, there really aren't a whole lot of bad camping spots.  As long as you don't wait until Wednesday to come and get stuck by a porta potty you should be able to find a good spot.  Especially in the primitive area.   That back area has historically filled up a little later, but could fill up a little earlier this year with the changes.

Hope that helps a little.   :)

I'm not sure how quiet anywhere in primitive is. That open field is where we like. You have to pass Cat Fact to get there. It was fairly rowdy in 2019. But, no matter what the rowdyness anywhere is, it's well contained and harmless. Earplugs, or close to the river or creek are the only options to not hear festivarians in the wild while camped in TP. This will be our first ever TBF without kids! So look out primitive area!

Ear plugs are the lifesaver for Cay and I. We go pretty hard so usually around the *mostly* contained debauchery. Nothing like getting into the sleeping bag in the early AM and hearing the noise go away when the ear plugs go on  LOL
IP address Logged

come for Sam, stay for the Jam
KMurf
Small Member

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #20 on: April 21, 2022, 11:11:45 AM »

I usually don't go to bed until I'm so tired I'm fighting to keep my eyes open so I don't hear anything anyway.   LOL
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 12:12:54 AM by KMurf » IP address Logged
yojo
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

And the live show is still our main thing. - J.G.

URL icon « Reply #21 on: April 21, 2022, 11:52:05 AM »

I have a feeling most everyone will be in the same spots as usual +/- a few feet. Good luck!
IP address Logged
Bevin
Old Timer

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #22 on: April 21, 2022, 12:14:48 PM »

Haha.  It was probably rowdy because you were there.   LOL LOL LOL

This. 
IP address Logged

Copyright 2009, a production of Camp Totally Lit - All rights reserved

"There's always a Clapper."
culasthewiz
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

~Camp Trailer Smash~

URL icon « Reply #23 on: April 21, 2022, 12:31:28 PM »

I have a feeling most everyone will be in the same spots as usual +/- a few feet. Good luck!

The majority of Hulaganz, all of Crossroads, a slim part of Duk Tape and all of Trailer Smash are all displaced by the reveg area but ya for the most part I'd imagine you're probably right.  Seems like we always roll with the punches PB throws at us  Cheers
IP address Logged

Might as well she told me long ago...
loosejello
Small Member

Festivation rating 69

URL icon « Reply #24 on: April 21, 2022, 01:25:51 PM »

I'm holding out hope that we will only have to shift a little one way or the other, not completely relocated.  :sorry
IP address Logged
culasthewiz
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

~Camp Trailer Smash~

URL icon « Reply #25 on: April 21, 2022, 01:59:50 PM »

I'm holding out hope that we will only have to shift a little one way or the other, not completely relocated.  :sorry

Ha no way broseph, in 2021 your normal camp was 100% roped off.  So is ours.  Clayton called and these spots will be maintained through 2023 (iirc).

If you look closely in this crappy photo you can see tiny clayton next to the roped off area where your big tent goes.  More to to the center of the pic is our area which is also 100% gone:

And here's one showing Hulaganz area gone:

« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 02:04:49 PM by culasthewiz » IP address Logged

loosejello
Small Member

Festivation rating 69

URL icon « Reply #26 on: April 21, 2022, 02:08:46 PM »

The fact that they are still allowing 400 campers in the zone means this may very well be different for the week of TBF. Not saying it will be completely open, but not necessarily completely closed.

Thanks for the Clayton for scale, btw.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Punch Brothers - Julep
IP address Logged
culasthewiz
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

~Camp Trailer Smash~

URL icon « Reply #27 on: April 21, 2022, 02:11:53 PM »

Thanks for the Clayton for scale, btw.

I keep him around for when I don't have a banana handy.
IP address Logged

loosejello
Small Member

Festivation rating 69

URL icon « Reply #28 on: April 21, 2022, 02:21:17 PM »

#iunderstandthatreference
IP address Logged
Bevin
Old Timer

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #29 on: April 22, 2022, 04:00:45 PM »

One thing we need Planet Bluegrass to clarify is whether folks with a campsite in the regular campground and primitive area for Friday night, June 10, will have to move out on the morning of Saturday June 11 and get back in line for the 2pm land rush.  The email simply notes "More info to come" so perhaps this question will get answered before next Thursday.

If that's the case then it's going to be pretty busy on Saturday and some of the established camps that are usually all set up the week before Bear Creek land rush have some planning to do as well.

Beuller?  Anyone?
IP address Logged

Copyright 2009, a production of Camp Totally Lit - All rights reserved

"There's always a Clapper."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC