Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 04:14:44 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Telluride Bluegrass Festival (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  A Summary For Town Park Noobs!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: A Summary For Town Park Noobs!  (Read 83462 times)
culasthewiz
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

~Camp Trailer Smash~

URL icon « Reply #30 on: March 08, 2019, 10:09:33 AM »

Culasthewiz wrote: "There's already a problem with Kelty tents obscuring the view". That's worrisome as I just purchased a Kelty Sunshade for use at the TBF. I don't want to offend other festivarians by putting this up. What is the etiquette regarding use of these structures? Thanks!

Good question.  The problem with Keltys (in my opinion) is that they are so low that they obstruct views for people set up behind them.  This is not necessarily the fault of the owners of these tents but perhaps an area of improvement for Planet Bluegrass' management of the tent areas.  In a perfect world, I'd like to see EZups in their own section (or given priority toward the front?) because they're tall enough that folks behind them can see right through to the main stage.  However, it's far enough back that you can't really see a lot anyway so maybe it's not as big of a deal as I'm making it out to be.

So to answer your question, just be mindful of where you set it up and do your best to be a good Festivarian by accommodating your neighbors.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 10:20:00 AM by culasthewiz » IP address Logged

Might as well she told me long ago...
ToddG
Old Timer

Festivation rating 420

Let's Pick!

URL icon « Reply #31 on: March 08, 2019, 11:44:54 AM »

Culasthewiz wrote: "There's already a problem with Kelty tents obscuring the view". That's worrisome as I just purchased a Kelty Sunshade for use at the TBF. I don't want to offend other festivarians by putting this up. What is the etiquette regarding use of these structures? Thanks!

Good question.  The problem with Keltys (in my opinion) is that they are so low that they obstruct views for people set up behind them.  This is not necessarily the fault of the owners of these tents but perhaps an area of improvement for Planet Bluegrass' management of the tent areas.  In a perfect world, I'd like to see EZups in their own section (or given priority toward the front?) because they're tall enough that folks behind them can see right through to the main stage.  However, it's far enough back that you can't really see a lot anyway so maybe it's not as big of a deal as I'm making it out to be.

So to answer your question, just be mindful of where you set it up and do your best to be a good Festivarian by accommodating your neighbors.

It is strange being that Kelty is a sponsor and vendor at TBF, you'd think they might design a festival specific sunshade. Easy ups are nice also because they can be joined together with others to form a continuous area of shade.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Steve Winwood- Vagabond Virgin
IP address Logged

How come they don't turn the banjo up?
culasthewiz
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

~Camp Trailer Smash~

URL icon « Reply #32 on: March 08, 2019, 12:02:17 PM »

It is strange being that Kelty is a sponsor and vendor at TBF, you'd think they might design a festival specific sunshade. Easy ups are nice also because they can be joined together with others to form a continuous area of shade.

Totally agree!  Moreso the straight leg ones.  Angled leg versions don't work too well for this.
IP address Logged

MarcyReally

Festivation rating 1

URL icon « Reply #33 on: May 12, 2019, 05:12:29 PM »

Are camp fires allowed in Town Park Campground?
IP address Logged
culasthewiz
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

~Camp Trailer Smash~

URL icon « Reply #34 on: May 12, 2019, 05:22:04 PM »

Are camp fires allowed in Town Park Campground?

Wood fires are not allowed in TP.  However, propane fueled cooking and warming devices are allowed.  Charcoal is okay, but only in the pre-established grills.  Please be responsible when using these. 
IP address Logged

Psilocybin Brian
Wondering when Small Member status will be achieved.

Festivation rating 21

URL icon « Reply #35 on: May 14, 2019, 10:36:49 AM »

Might anyone have some idea about into what the traffic is like leaving town on Monday after the festival? Is it so bad as to make it worth hanging back to leave in the afternoon? Thanks in advance for your insights!
IP address Logged
culasthewiz
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

~Camp Trailer Smash~

URL icon « Reply #36 on: May 14, 2019, 10:41:22 AM »

Might anyone have some idea about into what the traffic is like leaving town on Monday after the festival? Is it so bad as to make it worth hanging back to leave in the afternoon? Thanks in advance for your insights!

We usually get done packing and head out around 10am or so and, while there's a little bit of traffic as you leave town, it's not bad at all.
IP address Logged

alexbarbosa42
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #37 on: May 14, 2019, 10:43:35 AM »

We usually get done packing and head out around 10am or so and, while there's a little bit of traffic as you leave town, it's not bad at all.

the saddest day of the year..
IP address Logged

come for Sam, stay for the Jam
Psilocybin Brian
Wondering when Small Member status will be achieved.

Festivation rating 21

URL icon « Reply #38 on: May 20, 2019, 12:10:58 PM »

Thank you!
IP address Logged
Cindy Lou
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #39 on: May 21, 2019, 03:57:55 PM »

So.... What is Rumballs?
Various fruit (Strawberries, Pineapple, Melon balls, Fruit Cocktail, etc.) is soaked in Rum for days ahead of time and given out it small cups during the inauguration of the festival at the MASH camp in Town Park the afternoon before the festival and just prior to FirstGrass in Mountain Village.
 Cheers

Not just rum. There are MANY kinds of liquor in it, whatever people bring to throw in.  And Tom, I've seen your "small" cup, the 20 oz red Solo cup! LOL
IP address Logged

"The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing. "  (Shunryu Suzuki)
meanderingjeeper
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Hope all is well and the surf is high.

URL icon « Reply #40 on: May 28, 2019, 10:56:44 PM »

still not sure how anyone makes it out of there before 1 on Mon, even with pre-leaving-breakdown.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Miles
IP address Logged

If you don't like something, change it.  Otherwise change the way you feel about it.
TonyBurkenstocks
Kinda digging this festival thing...

Festivation rating 117

Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy

URL icon « Reply #41 on: June 04, 2019, 02:59:26 PM »

Hi friends,

Have been in Lawson the past couple years. This will be our first TP experience and couldn't be more excited. We have a larger group (18 people), but 3-4 of us coming in early Monday morning to set up camp. What can I expect in terms of space? Will there be anything left for a group that size in Bear Creek, or will primitive be our best bet? Thanks.

Cheers
IP address Logged
Hippie
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #42 on: June 04, 2019, 03:54:56 PM »

Wave
It would be better if you could have someone throw some tarps during land rush on Sat. A group that large might require some effort later in the week.

:peace
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 03:59:49 PM by Hippie » IP address Logged

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. - Will Rogers
Hooch
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

Freak Of The Rainbow Pork Lover

URL icon « Reply #43 on: June 04, 2019, 03:58:09 PM »

That's a big group to try and score land for and, of course, depends on the size tents you all have.  Come in Monday, scout both options, and at least throw down space for your base/group area and your personal tent.  Camp Run-A-Muck's rule is: we will throw as many tarps as there is space for, but it's first come first serve.  Some late comers may have to find spots further away from your base.  It's great that you are willing to try and hold spots for friends, but it can also be a lot of stress/annoyance with that duty.  Good luck!!  

Hi friends,

Have been in Lawson the past couple years. This will be our first TP experience and couldn't be more excited. We have a larger group (18 people), but 3-4 of us coming in early Monday morning to set up camp. What can I expect in terms of space? Will there be anything left for a group that size in Bear Creek, or will primitive be our best bet? Thanks.

Cheers

IP address Logged

"There is nothing in the universe more exciting than a piece of bacon."

-Dan Phillips
TonyBurkenstocks
Kinda digging this festival thing...

Festivation rating 117

Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy

URL icon « Reply #44 on: June 04, 2019, 04:13:47 PM »

Thanks Hippie and Hooch!

Unfortunately Monday is the earliest any of us can get there, so land rush won't work. We are going to have 5-6 tents plus the base tent. I think we may get roped into just setting all of them up when we arrive...

Oh well, maybe it'll get us out of some of the break-down duties the following Monday  LOL

Counting down the days!!

Cheers
IP address Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC