Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 03:37:41 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  General Discussion (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Welcome to the Festivarian Forum!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Welcome to the Festivarian Forum!!  (Read 140728 times)
BluegrassDustin
Administrator
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

Living Life With Delusions Of Banjur

URL icon « on: January 30, 2007, 09:22:05 AM »

Welcome Festivarians!

As you can see, the Festivarian List just got an upgrade! We wanted to provide you all with a place that you could come and talk to each other without the hassle of losing threads or sifting through spam. We here on the Planet hope that you will find this forum to be a much better place to communicate with fellow Festivarians.
As you may have noticed there are many options on this new forum. There are boards to talk about your instruments, ticket exchange, ride sharing, and even some local forums so you can all talk about shows/events in your area! If there are places that need to be added, let us know! If there is enough demand for them, we'll gladly add them.

Another great feature about this forum is the ability to actually create your own profile and your own "identity" here in the forum. You can add your own picture and give yourself a sense of individuality here that wasn't available on the old list. One of my personal favorite features.

If you have any questions, let me know. I'm sure everyone will have a bunch to start off, but take a little time to try and work your way around the forum first. There is a bit of a learning curve for us too, so if I/we don't have the answer at first, rest assured we'll find it!

So, that's it for now. I hope you all enjoy the community that will build here. I know we are all looking forward to it.

pickin
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 02:08:15 PM by BluegrassDustin » IP address Logged

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those
who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Seuss

"An intellectual snob is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture and not think of The Lone Ranger."   -Dan Rather
TellurideTom
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 426

URL icon « Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 10:37:58 AM »

Welcome Festivarians!

As you can see, the Festivarian List just got an upgrade! We wanted to provide you all with a place that you could come and talk to each other without the hassle of losing threads or sifting through spam. We here on the Planet hope that you will find this forum to be a much better place to communicate with fellow Festivarians.
As you may have noticed there are many options on this new forum. There are boards to talk about your instruments, ticket exchange, ride sharing, and even some local forums so you can all talk about shows/events in your area! If there are places that need to be added, let us know! If there is enough demand for them, we'll gladly add them.

Another great feature about this forum is the ability to actually create your own profile and your own "identity" here in the forum. You can add your own picture and give yourself a sense of individuality here that wasn't available on the old list. One of my personal favorite features.

If you have any questions, let me know. I'm sure everyone will have a bunch to start off, but take a little time to try and work your way around the forum first. There is a bit of a learning curve for us too, so if I/we don't have the answer at first, rest assured we'll find it!

So, that's it for now. I hope you all enjoy the community that will build here. I know we are all looking forward to it.

pickin

Just thought I'd try to correct your spelling mistake but I guess html functions either don't work in here, or they're different.
See the bold tag in the above quote.  Wink
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 05:33:57 PM by TellurideTom » IP address Logged

Happy Trails....Wave

You can check out my Domain site or follow me on Facebook
BluegrassDustin
Administrator
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 10:45:30 AM »

Thanks Tom. As you will soon learn, spelling is DEFINATLEY not my strong point. But hey, from what I hear, the greatest minds in history were awful spellers.  Thumbs Up

Oh, and to bold something highlight it and click the "B" button above the text box.

...it's basic BBC (Buelletin Board Code) instead of basic HTML.  Wink

Edit:

We turned basic HTML on, just for you. (see Brian's post below) Flyer
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 11:30:20 AM by BluegrassDustin » IP address Logged

"An intellectual snob is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture and not think of The Lone Ranger."   -Dan Rather
SteamboatPaul
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 10

Woof!

URL icon « Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 04:15:51 PM »

Hey Tom-

Good idea.  I guess there's no reason not allow basic html in the posts...  I just went ahead and turned that on.  You'll see your original post now has bold in it.  So now you can use either the BBC buttons or a few basic html tags.

Sorry for the geeky interlude. Looking

Brian
IP address Logged

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."   
    Ben Franklin, 1759
SteamboatPaul
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 10

Woof!

URL icon « Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 04:16:30 PM »

Hey Tom-

Good idea.  I guess there's no reason not allow basic html in the posts...  I just went ahead and turned that on.  You'll see your original post now has bold in it.  So now you can use either the BBC buttons or a few basic html tags.

Brian

I like to reply.
IP address Logged

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."   
    Ben Franklin, 1759
SteamboatPaul
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 10

Woof!

URL icon « Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 04:17:34 PM »

Hey Tom-

Brian

Listening to is built into all the Boards?
I :like

I like to reply.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Still Barenaked Ladies
IP address Logged

Ben Franklin, 1759
TellurideTom
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 426

URL icon « Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 04:20:29 PM »

Hey Tom-

Brian

Listening to is built into all the Boards?
I :like

I like to reply.

Just tryin things out are we?  LOL  Wave
IP address Logged

Happy Trails....Wave

SteamboatPaul
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 10

Woof!

URL icon « Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 04:20:52 PM »

Cheers Nice emoticon......checking the reply feature
IP address Logged

Ben Franklin, 1759
SteamboatPaul
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 10

Woof!

URL icon « Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 04:39:37 PM »

trying it again,

Will it sink or will it float!?
IP address Logged

Ben Franklin, 1759
TellurideTom
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 426

URL icon « Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 04:48:21 PM »

We just need more input....
I've invited a few major festivarian listers to join in the testing, so we'll see.
 Cheers
IP address Logged

Happy Trails....Wave

itsRick
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #10 on: February 01, 2007, 05:34:25 PM »

it definatley has a different look. but then again every forum I belong to is different
IP address Logged

Gee WIZ Mr. Kesey, this sure is some swell Kool Aid!
Ron N Deb
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #11 on: February 01, 2007, 11:57:59 PM »

What a great Idea Dustin thanks Im just poking around here

Now Playing icon Listening to: Dougie Maclean Rite of Passage
IP address Logged

Peace N Love
Ron N Deb
BluegrassDustin
Administrator
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 09:36:36 AM »

What a great Idea Dustin thanks Im just poking around here

Yeah! Though I have to give Brian some credit here, too. Rolleyes

LOL

I'm excited to see how everyone takes to it. Seems to be going pretty good thus far...

Flyer (I think this guy is my favorite of the smilies)
IP address Logged

Courtney
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Festivarians Frolic Frequently

URL icon « Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 08:10:56 PM »

I'd like the messages posted in reverse order with the newest posts at the top of the list.  Is that something I set in my preferences?
IP address Logged

Did I remember to tell you how much I love you guys?
TellurideTom
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 426

URL icon « Reply #14 on: February 06, 2007, 08:23:33 PM »

I'd like the messages posted in reverse order with the newest posts at the top of the list.  Is that something I set in my preferences?

Yes..... look at the FAQ.
It took me a while to figure things out too, so no worries.
IP address Logged

Happy Trails....Wave

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC