Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 04:14:46 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Telluride Bluegrass Festival (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  What are your best TBF memories?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: What are your best TBF memories?  (Read 609225 times)
betcey
Small Member

Festivation rating 10

URL icon « Reply #645 on: May 19, 2022, 06:25:47 PM »

WOW, that sounds like an amazing show!
Alison wasn't playing as an official act when I saw her ... someone else who was performing  (I wish is could remember who!) just brought her onstage and introduced her, saying that she was an up and coming talent to watch. I think she only performed one song ... my memory is fuzzy. It would have been somewhere between 1983 and 1985 ... the only years I went to Telluride. I want to say it was '83.

I am soooo excited to finally be making it back often so many, many years!!
(Still desperately seeking a TP or WF ticket if you know anyone with one for sale!) 😁
[/quote]
My guess would be Sam Bush. He has been there since year 2 1975 I believe. My first was year 3 in 1976 but I don't remember seeing Alison! I know Sam has definitely sung praises of up and coming young musicians including Chris Thiele and Sierra Hull.
[/quote]

I would LOVE to know if anyone else shares that memory … I know I didn’t dream it! Anyone else remember an early-to-mid ‘80s show when Alison was introduced onstage as a young girl?

Now Playing icon Listening to: Actually, I’m watching Jeopardy, and kinda kicking ass with it!
IP address Logged
flyin phil
Wondering when Small Member status will be achieved.

Festivation rating 26

URL icon « Reply #646 on: June 09, 2022, 10:47:04 AM »

That's easy. BILL MUNROE fanning the feet of Emmylou (who I am secretly in love with) with his cowboy hat while she was dancing on stage with the Bluegrass Boys. Stunning!

Now Playing icon Listening to: Travelin' McCourys- For What It's Worth (say what?)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 01:24:43 PM by flyin phil » IP address Logged

Would y'all kick a fella out for playin' harmonica?
flyin phil

Festivation rating 26

URL icon « Reply #647 on: June 29, 2022, 12:59:47 PM »

2022-
Discovering Rising Appalachia. Watching those lovely women dancing on stage was the sexiest thing I've ever seen. I listened to them and played cross harp to their music all the way home after the festival. Then there was a happy crossing of stars when HOOCH and I traded tickets at the entrance to backstage at the festival. He REALLY IS kind of a big deal.
BUT, the killer this year was Punch Bros happy hour at Elks Park. It was so intimate and fun I actually teared up! Bless those boys.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Doc Watson, Tennessee Stud
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 02:25:31 PM by flyin phil » IP address Logged

BuckeyeDog
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #648 on: June 29, 2022, 02:50:40 PM »

2022-
Discovering Rising Appalachia. Watching those lovely women dancing on stage was the sexiest thing I've ever seen. I listened to them and played cross harp to their music all the way home after the festival. Then there was a happy crossing of stars when HOOCH and I traded tickets at the entrance to backstage at the festival. He REALLY IS kind of a big deal.
BUT, the killer this year was Punch Bros happy hour at Elks Park. It was so intimate and fun I actually teared up! Bless those boys.
With a killer version of Uncle John's Band!
IP address Logged
flyin phil

Festivation rating 26

URL icon « Reply #649 on: June 29, 2022, 03:05:29 PM »

Ha, ha! Right, except Chris admitted he didn't know the Dead catalog and had to read the words off his phone!
IP address Logged

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC