Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 06:06:53 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Telluride Bluegrass Festival (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  TBF 101 for families
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: TBF 101 for families  (Read 379059 times)
Pirate Looks at --
Old Timer

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #255 on: June 12, 2018, 04:58:09 PM »

He does have a bit of animal magnetism!
IP address Logged

"A Pirate Looks at --"
Pass Port
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #256 on: June 13, 2018, 06:35:53 AM »

How many of you will have children between the ages of 10-14 in Town Park or Warner? My 12 year old, close to being 13 year old is wanting to know if he'll have other kids to run around with.

Wave I'm bringing my daughter with me for the first time this year... she's 10. I know she would love to meet other kids to hang with! We camp with Kamp Duk Tape
You should bring her up to RaM she can hang with Hooch! LOL Pirate

Actually, Rowan can't wait to see Hooch  :)

Val, Rowen is an ole pro with all her Academy experience! I hope you get in before Goddess Walk
IP address Logged
Hooch
...is kind of a big deal

Festivation rating 420

Freak Of The Rainbow Pork Lover

URL icon « Reply #257 on: June 13, 2018, 11:07:59 AM »

How many of you will have children between the ages of 10-14 in Town Park or Warner? My 12 year old, close to being 13 year old is wanting to know if he'll have other kids to run around with.

Wave I'm bringing my daughter with me for the first time this year... she's 10. I know she would love to meet other kids to hang with! We camp with Kamp Duk Tape

I'm unsafe for children!!
IP address Logged

"There is nothing in the universe more exciting than a piece of bacon."

-Dan Phillips
Valerie
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #258 on: June 14, 2018, 06:24:51 PM »

I'm unsafe for children!!
That's probably why Ro loves you so much!  LOL

Now Playing icon Listening to: more Minecraft videos
IP address Logged

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams..."
AM Rif

Festivation rating 0

URL icon « Reply #259 on: June 17, 2018, 07:24:47 PM »

Howdy -
Can anyone comment on the details of the kids drama class and talent show? I can't seem to find any info on either other than the time/date.  Wondering...target ages, should our kids bring their instruments or what types of talent are generally showcased, is the show location in the kids area or on the big stage, how many kids sign up typically, etc..

Thx
 huh

Now Playing icon Listening to: Husband playing dobro (Shenandoah)
IP address Logged
stybeaujolais

Festivation rating 0

URL icon « Reply #260 on: June 21, 2018, 06:06:36 AM »

Do you just get passes to the show for kids as you enter or at box office?  My littles guys are 5 and 2

IP address Logged
sambieni
Small Member

Festivation rating 8

URL icon « Reply #261 on: October 15, 2018, 01:28:47 PM »

Months later still beaming from my first ever TBF experience with my now 6 year old daughter and nearly 4 year old son.  Definitely an amazing experience. Highlight repeatedly for my daughter were the multiple appearances of "The Three Girls" AKA I'm With Her.

For long period before and after the festival, we discussed if she wanted to play an instrument. Well TBF and I'm With Her resulted in her finally choosing to start the fiddle. So for her 6th birthday she began lessons!

And long story short, even better, my daughter's excitement for TBF and I'm With Her, resulted in the great fortune of the band giving us backstage passes so she could meet Sara Watkins. It happened this past week at one of their fall tour shows. Sara was lovely and super engaging to my somewhat introverted daughter, who despite her quiet was thrilled to meet her.  She even wore, first time ever, a flamingo dress for Sara since she remembered the I'm With Her merch. logo from the summer tour. Sara was sure to let her know she started at age 6 as well and learned Suzuki method like my daughter.  Well, it definitely inspired her because few days after the show, back with her violin lessons, she definitely had more gusto in her step. 

And in post show with some quiet time at home, she told dad she had fun at the concert and we agreed to make it a regular birthday tradition.  Thanks Festivarians for all the inspiration and more!  Thumbs Up Wink

IP address Logged
Australian fan
!!!!BACON!!!!

Festivation rating 420

Forget about everything else

URL icon « Reply #262 on: October 15, 2018, 08:51:52 PM »

Months later still beaming from my first ever TBF experience with my now 6 year old daughter and nearly 4 year old son.  Definitely an amazing experience. Highlight repeatedly for my daughter were the multiple appearances of "The Three Girls" AKA I'm With Her.

For long period before and after the festival, we discussed if she wanted to play an instrument. Well TBF and I'm With Her resulted in her finally choosing to start the fiddle. So for her 6th birthday she began lessons!

And long story short, even better, my daughter's excitement for TBF and I'm With Her, resulted in the great fortune of the band giving us backstage passes so she could meet Sara Watkins. It happened this past week at one of their fall tour shows. Sara was lovely and super engaging to my somewhat introverted daughter, who despite her quiet was thrilled to meet her.  She even wore, first time ever, a flamingo dress for Sara since she remembered the I'm With Her merch. logo from the summer tour. Sara was sure to let her know she started at age 6 as well and learned Suzuki method like my daughter.  Well, it definitely inspired her because few days after the show, back with her violin lessons, she definitely had more gusto in her step. 

And in post show with some quiet time at home, she told dad she had fun at the concert and we agreed to make it a regular birthday tradition.  Thanks Festivarians for all the inspiration and more!  Thumbs Up Wink

I love, love, love this ❤️❤️❤️❤️
IP address Logged
Dsull615

Festivation rating 0

URL icon « Reply #263 on: May 30, 2019, 01:34:20 PM »

We're traveling with our 1 year old this year and camping at Ilium. Would love some suggestions on what folks do for sleeping as far as keeping the kiddo warm. He won't stay in a bag of his own. Thanks!

Now Playing icon Listening to: Colorado Railroad Earth
IP address Logged
JackStrawjr

Festivation rating 0

URL icon « Reply #264 on: June 13, 2019, 09:47:54 AM »

Headed to Telluride this year with a 3 month old. We have a condo a few blocks away and will be back and forth but any advice is appreciated! Obviously bringing noise cancelling headphones, an ez up for shade, etc... Been to bluegrass before but not with our new little one. Any advice???
IP address Logged
Bbudnic

Festivation rating 0

URL icon « Reply #265 on: June 14, 2019, 11:15:01 AM »

We are in the same boat.  Our 4 1/2 mo old daughter is coming with us this year.  My biggest dilemma right now is deciding whether to bring the stroller in the festival.
IP address Logged
HollyinSLC

Festivation rating 0

URL icon « Reply #266 on: June 17, 2019, 01:40:26 PM »

Hi all, I have not been to Telluride before (but have wanted to go for ages. So excited!!) I will be camping at Mary Illium with my 18 month old. It's just the two of us and I would love to meet up some other folks with kid(s) and experience. I'm a little nervous honestly, for the shows because my kiddo loves to wander and explore and he won't wear the leash backpack thing. I'd like to get in on the tarp run, but I can't really see him being stationary.
Questions: 1.How do most people transport toddlers and their things? (I have a wagon and a Bob stroller)
2.REI was sold out of Kelty shade structures. I bought this one (if my kid will stay under it). Will this work?https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0159JSKYE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
3. Has anyone had experience with possible teenage or early night moms watching their kin for you so you can attend a late night jam?
4. Will I get a descent site if I arrive Wednesday?
Thanks!! Holly
IP address Logged
MykeWhyte

Festivation rating 0

URL icon « Reply #267 on: June 18, 2019, 07:11:53 AM »

We are first-timers and are bringing our three daughters (ages 12, 10, 7). They are not too enthusiastic about the festival (other than Kasey Musgraves). Any suggestions for giving them the best possible experience, so they'll willingly come again?
IP address Logged
Dsegerdahl

Festivation rating 3

URL icon « Reply #268 on: June 18, 2019, 09:36:57 AM »

One suggestion would be to get the wax swimmer earplugs. They mold to the ear and stay in way better than the ones they hand out at the festival. Works for us....

Also, bring squirt guns for your kids... there is an epic battle between kids at any given time at the back side of the venue. It's my son's favorite thing the whole weekend.
IP address Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC