Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 05:08:27 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: This is the "archived" version of the old Festivarian Forum.  To create new posts, visit Festivarian.com

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Telluride Bluegrass Festival (Moderators: TellurideTom, BluegrassNat)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  TBF 101 for families
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: TBF 101 for families  (Read 379057 times)
Pearhead
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 222

URL icon « Reply #15 on: May 23, 2007, 06:38:04 PM »

silicone it is  Thumbs Up I knew i'd posted and read something about that before  LOL I think i'll smoke another now  Cheers
IP address Logged
Dewstar
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Come One, Come All, Its FESTIVATION Time!

URL icon « Reply #16 on: June 01, 2007, 11:14:56 PM »

Prep as you would for a 4 day visit to Disneyland! Snacks, Activities and NAPS! Long days ahead. Hots and Colds and could rain! PreFestivalIpod bands and casts a must. Have the kiddies choose their favorite bands so they are attentive when the bands play.

Also, participation in the Kiddy Parade is an absolute hoot!

Now Playing icon Listening to: Monte Warden ... What? You never heard of him?
IP address Logged

Dewstar PHX Running for Mayor of Warner Field!
Hippie
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #17 on: June 01, 2007, 11:46:18 PM »

silicone it is  Thumbs Up I knew i'd posted and read something about that before  LOL I think i'll smoke another now  Cheers

Get on it brother the Kid's tent is where it's at. Head on over there and spend your festival with the babies. I wanna make one of those whirly gig noise making things.

can I leave right now???

Cheers

Now Playing icon Listening to: Quiet in the middle of a huge festival weekend
IP address Logged

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. - Will Rogers
Hurricane M
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #18 on: June 02, 2007, 12:22:58 PM »

can I leave right now???

Cheers

NONONONONO Jerry if you leave now the oysters will go bad!!!!!  And you know how bad that will make Camp Run A Muck smell!!! Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick
IP address Logged

BURY ME IN MY BOA!!!
Hurricane M
bodegahwy
Small Member

Festivation rating 315

URL icon « Reply #19 on: June 09, 2007, 06:52:43 AM »

Mary E is a good place to camp with families.  We camped there several times when the kids were little.  There have been several good comments on kid stuff in the festival (we are in the row of Kelty sunshades and have been for years)  here are some additional thoughts:

1.  Getting a pop-up into Mary E will be tough if you arrive after Wed AM.  Even then choices will be very limited. Consider getting there early.

2.  Do not count on getting your vehicle in and out AT ALL during the festival.  With kids, that means some  good advance planning for supplies.

3.  The bus to and from the festival is a great service but it takes time.  Running back to camp during the day to get something you forgot is a major pain.  Bring good packs and a way to carry tired little ones.  A long day in the sun followed by a bus ride can mean a sleeping little one that needs to be carried.

4.  The port-o-lets in camp get pretty ripe.  Use them early in the AM and use facilities in town before returning to camp.

5.  Showers are at the school on the way into town.  The bus will stop there on the way in.  They are pretty crowded from about 9-10 AM.  If I remember right the price is $3.  the grocery store is accross the street from the showers.  You can take the bus again from there when you are done or walk about 15 blocks to the festival.

6.  The tram ride to mountain village is a great kid activity as are the Elks park shows.  Bear Creek behind the fetival area is a nice cool hike on a hot day.
IP address Logged
Pearhead
Regular Picker

Festivation rating 222

URL icon « Reply #20 on: June 09, 2007, 06:57:31 AM »

Thanks for the info there Bodegahwy  Thumbs Up
IP address Logged
haystack

Festivation rating 0

URL icon « Reply #21 on: June 18, 2007, 07:31:40 AM »

Anyone here?  We have an 18-month old.  He's a good camper.  I'm curious where in Telluride you can buy somewhat eco-friendly diapers... anyone know?  I feel sheepish about the dipes since it's such a green festival, but we're flying there and back and toting around cloth diapers and figuring out how to wash them the whole time sounds like no fun.  Or should I just bring my own disposables? huh

And what are some toddler-friendly foods that are available at the fest?  It's been a few years since I was there and I forget.  Is there a place in town that makes awesome oatmeal in the a.m.?

Now Playing icon Listening to: Charlie playing with a basketball pump
IP address Logged
BrianFoley
Wondering when Small Member status will be achieved.

Festivation rating 148

URL icon « Reply #22 on: June 29, 2007, 03:54:22 PM »

Can TBF move the Famlily Tent back to the grassy area next year?  Please!!!
The hockey rink was OK in theory, but in practice it just did not work well at all.
I would have thought shade would be good on sunny days, but on sunny days the hockey rink was very hot and uncomfortable.
The cookie backing (solar ovens) had to be outside, and that ruined the joy of the cookies being delivered to kids playing (no food allowed on the astroturf). 

Overall, the family area was 4 or 5 times as nice when it was on the grass.  Please try to move it back there.

IP address Logged
bodegahwy
Small Member

Festivation rating 315

URL icon « Reply #23 on: June 30, 2007, 04:40:25 AM »

Brian is right.  The ice rink was not a success.  My kids did not care for it.
IP address Logged
teleski23

Festivation rating 12

URL icon « Reply #24 on: October 08, 2007, 09:15:55 PM »

Heeeelllllooooooo everyone
We are bringing our five year old and our newest addition back to the festival, we usually stay out in Mary E but were interested in Town Park, is there a family section in town park where the kids can get a little quiet in the late night?  Wave
and they moved the kids tent last year 2007? missed last year, birth and all. the lower field was perfect, hope they move it back, my daughter loved the lower field.

Now Playing icon Listening to: sweet early 70s dancin in the streets GD
IP address Logged
Dancin-feet
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #25 on: October 09, 2007, 06:31:28 AM »

Heeeelllllooooooo everyone
We are bringing our five year old and our newest addition back to the festival, we usually stay out in Mary E but were interested in Town Park, is there a family section in town park where the kids can get a little quiet in the late night?  Wave
and they moved the kids tent last year 2007? missed last year, birth and all. the lower field was perfect, hope they move it back, my daughter loved the lower field.
If quiet is what you are looking for then Town Park may not be ideal. There are places by ther  river that are nice but then you contend with the river. The area in the "regular" campground over by the river is nice but the spaces go fast.
You may want to consider camping on the ball field with the kids, this way you get a failrly quiet late night environment and you are able to enjoy the festivities of town park also. I can't think of the name for that field but I know that someone here will let you know.
We took our son to shows for years, GD and (outdoor only) and Telluride and he loves music. It is a great environment for children because there are so many loving friends.
Have fun! We will see you in a few months!
IP address Logged

With music in our lives we are able to express ourselves in so many ways, with instruments, vocals, dance and movement. This can be done solo or with others. Music is not only entertainment, it is a way of life.
TellurideTom
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 426

URL icon « Reply #26 on: October 09, 2007, 10:27:46 AM »

Warner Field may be a good choice as long as your tent isn't too close to the bathrooms. That's where the line forms for the tarp run, and it could get a bit noisy late at night. Cheers
IP address Logged

Happy Trails....Wave

You can check out my Domain site or follow me on Facebook
teleski23

Festivation rating 12

URL icon « Reply #27 on: October 16, 2007, 09:17:05 PM »

Thanks for the info, We are not looking for complete quiet but just a more laid back situation, I spoke with JD out in Denver (he says hi Tom) and he said that it wouldn't be a problem as long as we get out early and try not to camp next to the pickin areas. No worries and no problems. It cannot get here soon enough, I could use the vacation now. D
IP address Logged
Auntie Hope
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #28 on: October 18, 2007, 09:40:48 AM »

Thanks for the info, We are not looking for complete quiet but just a more laid back situation, I spoke with JD out in Denver (he says hi Tom) and he said that it wouldn't be a problem as long as we get out early and try not to camp next to the pickin areas. No worries and no problems. It cannot get here soon enough, I could use the vacation now. D

Ut-oh... we have a live one... needs the vacation now... I remember that feeling... we'll pray the winter is short for ya this year, bubba!

Auntie Hope  pickin
IP address Logged

InFleckIt! at Hippo Campus
sunnytrees

Festivation rating 0

URL icon « Reply #29 on: November 06, 2007, 09:40:56 PM »

Hi there! Another newbie here. We are bringing our (will be) 20 month old next year. I hope to get tons of advice here and be really prepared with anything and everything she may need but if we did have to make a quick trip to a store, I assume having a bike would be ideal? We are staying in Town Park. Thanks!
IP address Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC